Sign in to follow this  
RANGA

Predict The Playoff Push

Okay, so we're almost halfway through the season. What do you think the playoff picture will look like at the end of the Week 17?

As it stands, it currently looks like:

Top 2 Seeds AFC:

:Steelers:

:Bills:

AFC Wildcard Round:

:Patriots: vs :Chargers:

:Texans: vs :Bengals:

Top 2 Seeds NFC:

:Packers:

:49ers:

NFC Wildcard Round:

:Saints: vs :Lions:

:Giants: vs :Bears:

Edited by RANGA

Maybe this sounds homeristic, but I just don't think New Orleans wins the division. They are a good team, but too inconsistent. I have it going to either Tampa Bay or Atlanta.

I also think that the Eagles will catch up to the Giants. You might say that the Giants have a sustainable lead, but they have a brutal schedule down the stretch while the Eagles schedule will include the likes of the Bears, Cardinals, Dolphins, and the Jets.

The Bears and Jets aren't easy teams to beat....

Edited by Sarge

It's easy to think that the Patriots will end up with the 1 or 2 seed.

Bills will either be wild card or fall out to the Jets or Ravens.

The Bears and Jets aren't easy teams to beat....

The Bears offensive line will probably hand the Giants the football game. (Unless they continue to block like the past 2 games)

And the Jets are Jekyll and Hyde, you never know what you're going to get from them.

It's easy to think that the Patriots will end up with the 1 or 2 seed.

I just can't place them there. A defense that can't defend the pass in a passing league? That's trouble.

Edited by Chris D

I just can't place them there. A defense that can't defend the pass in a passing league? That's trouble.

Tom Brady? He will get them into the playoffs by himself.

I'm still 100% certain the Jets will be either wild card or no playoffs, I doubt they win the division.

So it's between Buffalo and New England, to me. The logical decision is to say that New England with Tom Brady win over Buffalo.

So let's see here:

New England, Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, and Tennessee are the 5 teams that will compete for the no.2 seed behind Pittsburgh.

Take out anybody from the AFCW, that leaves NE, HOU, and TEN. Tennessee appears to be faltering, so they will drop off. Houston is the only real shot to get the no.2 seed behind Pittsburgh, ahead of New England, imo. And I just don't see that happening.

Just my opinion here.

Ranga, you have something wrong in your original post, as it stands now, the Chiefs are winning the AFC West due to tiebreakers. At least, I think they are.

So it's between Buffalo and New England, to me. The logical decision is to say that New England with Tom Brady win over Buffalo.

Except, the Bills have shown they can beat Brady and the Pats. If they do it once more, they have a nice tiebreaker.

AFC:

1. :Steelers:

2. :Bills:

3. :Texans:

4. :Chiefs:

5. :Patriots:

6. :Ravens:

NFC:

1. :Packers:

2. :49ers:

3. :Saints:

4. :Eagles:

5. :Lions:

6. :Falcons:

Edited by Thanatos19

I still think Baltimore has a decent chance of winning the North. Yeah they've been faltering lately but if they can steal win this week they'll have a better record than Pittsburgh AND own the head to head tiebreaker. Either way I see both of these teams making the playoff but I'm going to be a little bold and say the Ravens win the division. I think the Bengals will come back down to Earth a bit and miss the playoffs.

The South will go the Texans. Titans aren't legit enough in my opinion.

The West will probably end up going to the Chargers at 8-8 or 9-7 or something.

The East will be won by the Patriots but I still have a hard time between the Bills or Jets getting the wildcard.

In the NFC the Packers and 49ers will win their divisions. Lions will come as a wildcard from the North.

I picked the Giants to win the division in the beginning I'll stick with it.

I still think Atlanta will win the South. Like Chris D said I'm just not huge into the Saints and I predicted them to go third.

So I'm not sure on the last wildcard here either...could really be Tampa/Philly/Dallas/NO. Right now I'll give it to Philly because of their talent. So this is what I'm thinking....

AFC

1) Patriots

2) Ravens

3) Texans

4) Chargers

5) Steelers

6) Jets

NFC

1) Packers

2) Falcons

3) 49ers

4) Giants

5) Lions

6) Eagles

Edited by JetsFan4Life

:NFC:

3. :Saints:

5. :Lions:

6. :Giants:

I think the Eagles are starting to turn it around, but not enough to get a top 3 seed.

I think the 49ers schedule is just too easy for them to get less than the second seed. They're already 6-1 with nowhere to go but up.

:AFC:

2. :Patriots:

5. :Ravens:

6. :Bills:

Except, the Bills have shown they can beat Brady and the Pats. If they do it once more, they have a nice tiebreaker.

lawlBillsHype.

Pats beat their selves that day. 21-0 lead and pissed it away with a bunch of turnovers. Much like in 2003, Buffalo will get theirs in Week 17.

No, the Pats aren't that great of a team, but the Bills hype is fuckin' ridiculous. The Bills will falter down the stretch like they always do.

5. :Ravens:

6. :Bengals: (their beastly defense will sneak them into that last playoff spot)

3. :Falcons:

5. :Saints:

6. :Lions:

Edited by Crompdaddy

lawlBillsHype.

Pats beat their selves that day. 21-0 lead and pissed it away with a bunch of turnovers. Much like in 2003, Buffalo will get theirs in Week 17.

No, the Pats aren't that great of a team, but the Bills hype is fuckin' ridiculous. The Bills will falter down the stretch like they always do.

And of course the Bills didn't make any mistakes that could be corrected letting the Pats get to that 21-0 lead.

All I said was that the Bills have shown they *can* beat the Pats. Which they have. And if they do it again, they will have the tiebreaker over New England. Which is true. Both of those statements are simply facts, not hype.

This is what I see after looking at the schedules down the stretch. Barring injuries to great players obviously:

3. :Eagles:

4. :Falcons:

5. :Bucs:

6. :Lions:

4. :Chargers:

5. :Bills:

6. :Ravens:

This is always fun.

1. :Packers: The only team they really need to worry about is the Lions who match up really well against them.

2. :49ers: Getting to beat up on your division will be enough.

3. :Giants: The Giants always start off hot, The Giants are always at least 5-2 after 7 games with Eli at the helm. Can they hold it together while the Eagles begin a late season surge? I think this is the year Eli steps out of his brother's shadow.

4. :Falcons: I don't think Drew Brees can hold up with his throwing pace this season, meanwhile the Falcons have gotten back to their roots, thanks to Julio Jones being hurt again.

5. :Lions: The Lions have turned great starts into poor finishes before, but I think they can redeem themselves this year. The last half of their schedule is tough, but even a .500 finish should be enough to sneak into the playoffs.

6. :Bucs: This is a three team race in my opinion, the Saints and Eagles both have great chances to make it here, but I'm taking a flyer on a young team who can pull out wins that they really shouldn't be. I'd feel more confident taking the winner of the Saints Bucs game next week, so I'm just going to go with the team I think will win that game.

1. :Steelers: After taking out their biggest competition, they have the easiest road to a number one seed. Tiebreakers over the Pats is huge.

2. :Bills: I have the Pats and Bills having the same record, but the Bills taking the head to head portion.

3. :Texans: This is finally the year the Texans sneak into the playoffs. No pressure from the Colts, the Jags are dead in the water, and the Titans face the tough half of their schedule.

4. :Chargers: They've an easier schedule to work with than the chiefs, and the Chargers generally play their best ball this time of the season. 9-7 is probably enough to claim the division this year.

5. :Patriots: I think they could finish 12-4 and still be in this spot due to tiebreakers. The Pats have a major hole in their pass defense, and smart teams can exploit that.

6. :Ravens: The Ravens just have too much talent everywhere else on the field to be hindered by their terrible Offensive coordinator and weaksauce QB.

lawlBillsHype.

The Bills are good at forcing turnovers and they have a nice offense and a very manageable schedule coming up down the stretch....

This is always fun.

1. :Packers: YAY!

2. :49ers: Looking Sketchy...

3. :Giants: Eli and the Giants fail to defeat History. fuck me.

4. :Falcons: I'm really fucking retarded aren't I.

5. :Lions: This... might actually turn out.

6. :Bucs: ... I am so retarded.

1. :Steelers: I'd need the Ravens to lose, but hey who knows.

2. :Bills: Fuck Me.

3. :Texans: They've got a divisional spot at least, who knows they could do better than this.

4. :Chargers: And I neglect to mention the Broncos and Raiders, who are the teams actually in the running for this spot. Still, when the Chargers aren't mathematically eliminated in December, they can't be counted out.

5. :Patriots: At least I got the team in the playoffs.

6. :Ravens: Yeah, this ain't happenning, Ravens have 2 games on the 6th seed with 3 to go. It's a 5 seed for them.