seanbrock

TGP fantasy mock draft

Here's what we're going to do. We'll go pick by pick through the 2011 draft order and slowly do a fantasy draft. How it'll work is you can nominate a player and if he gets votes he'll be the pick. You can also just vote for somebody someone else nominated. The OP will be the list of drafted players. There will be 1 pick everyday which is announced at 9:00 PM eastern time.

1. Carolina- Aaron Rodgers

2. Denver-

3. Buffalo-

Edited by seanbrock

I'll nominate Aaron Rodgers. He's the best QB in the league so I think he automatically goes number 1.

Haloti Ngata.

Nobody is supposed to be this big, this quick, this disruptive, this good at both rushing and run stopping all on their own at the defensive line position in a 3-4 defense.

Haloti Ngata.

Nobody is supposed to be this big, this quick, this disruptive, this good at both rushing and run stopping all on their own at the defensive line position in a 3-4 defense.

Do you honestly belive that Ngata can win you more games than Rodgers, Brees or Brady? Great player but come on.

I'll also go Aaron Rodgers.

A-Rod finally getting the first pick overall he deserved years ago.

A-Rod all the way. C'mon son...

Maybe it's the shitty thread title but I thought this would be a good topic and full of good debate. Bump for those of you yet to recognize. Rodgers has 3 votes. Ngata has 1.

Aaron Rodgers gets the nod from me. He's still relatively young, he's a hell of a player, and he only seems to get better year by year. This kid is going to the HoF if he keeps at his current pace.

Rodgers...Why is Ngata even nominated? LOL.

Rodgers because he's younger than the other guy I'd name.

Tell you what, I'll cut against the grain and go with Ben Roethlisberger. Aaron Rodgers is a great QB, but he's a frontrunner. With a team like the Packers, that's an amazing thing, just ask guys like Len Dawson what that'll do for you. The Packers are a great fit for Rodgers because he can put the other team in a hole early and then the defense can do enough to keep them there.

I want a guy who no matter how badly the rest of the team plays, he'll make sure you've still got a fighting chance. The Steelers are living on the arm of Ben Roethlisberge right now, and they're just a tiebreaker away from the first seed.

Tell you what, I'll cut against the grain and go with Ben Roethlisberger. Aaron Rodgers is a great QB, but he's a frontrunner. With a team like the Packers, that's an amazing thing, just ask guys like Len Dawson what that'll do for you. The Packers are a great fit for Rodgers because he can put the other team in a hole early and then the defense can do enough to keep them there.

I want a guy who no matter how badly the rest of the team plays, he'll make sure you've still got a fighting chance. The Steelers are living on the arm of Ben Roethlisberge right now, and they're just a tiebreaker away from the first seed.

too bad we couldn't have had a good post like this that wasn't 2 hours before the next pick.

For the second pick of the draft I nominate Drew Brees. 5000 yards without a single 1000 yard reciever is nuts. Not sure if it'll ever be done again, but that's not the only reason Denver should take him here. He's probably the most accurate QB in the league. The guy is an absoulte sergeon on the field. Even when a player is covered Brees can fit the ball in there. His performance during his Super Bowl win was pretty much flawless. If you need a guy to get it done and win you the big one, Brees is one of the few active QB's out there that has proven he can do that.

I agree with Brees. How many rounds are we doing?

I just don't wanna copy sean but I think Brees is a no-brainer here.

You know what? Call me crazy, but I'm gonna go with Cam Newton here. You put talent around this guy and the sky is the limit. He's already having the same type of rookie season that only Marino and Peyton had, and he's more mobile and just as tough as Big Ben. Oh, and he's a ROOKIE. Barring injury, this kid is gonna be around lighting up scoreboards for a long time.

If I was starting a franchise, and Rodgers wasn't available, this is the guy I'd start with.

Edited by B-isforBowe

Roethlisberger.

For some of the reasons that Razor mentioned, as well as the fact that he's proven more consistent in the playoffs when it counts.

And though I love the Newton pick, Bowe, I think it's a little early. Who knows what happens in the next few years.

Now we have a thread. Keep the votes coming guys. should be interesting to see what happens when the elite QB's are gone. I think that's when we'll start seeing the debates.

Tom Brady.

Whether you give him the 2nd/3rd best receiver of all time, two young hotshot tight ends, or no weapons at all, Tom Terrific manages to win ball games. With a shitty defense this year, he's still doing it. We all know that he can lead comebacks and win Super Bowls, while putting up some beautiful stats in the process.

You want somebody to automatically become the leader when you're drafting this high...look no further than Mr. Uggs.

Roethlisberger.

For some of the reasons that Razor mentioned, as well as the fact that he's proven more consistent in the playoffs when it counts.

And though I love the Newton pick, Bowe, I think it's a little early. Who knows what happens in the next few years.

In the next few years, Ben and Brees get old while Newton gets better. ;)

There's also the fact that you get Newton for 10+ years while Ben and Brees probably only 5. I think that should be a factor in the decision for the pick for the team, but Brees and Big Ben you KNOW can win you a Super Bowl. We haven't seen how Newton reacts to big games in the NFl yet. For now I think you have to give it to the more experienced guys. Especially under the logic that every team is starting fresh and redrafting. Having those guys gives you a good shot to win immediately.

I sure hope so.

I just don't think you can pin an entire franchise on him at this point when there are QBs like Big Ben, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees still out there. I'd almost pick him after those 3, though.

I'm gonna go with Roethlisberger again.