Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

was watching my older broham play this game all last night... Its a shame I never got into any of the elder scroll games, cause this one looks sexy as hell.

I done several Mages before... I would like to do something else. I have never done a brutal barbarian before so I would love to try that.

On a different subject which race do you guys think has the best lore ?

The best lore...

Hmmm.

That's a really difficult question.

If you're talking about just for Skyrim, probably the Nords, since this is in their homeland. It just feels like it was made for a Nord.

If you're looking for a brutal barbarian- Nord is definitely the way to go there. My first character was a Nord who used 2h weapons to get up close and personal.

If you prefer dual-wielding, Redguard also works well.

I still have yet to beat this game and I bought it on launch day. Too much stuff to do and so many ways to do it.

Edited by tOSU

I done several Mages before... I would like to do something else. I have never done a brutal barbarian before so I would love to try that.

On a different subject which race do you guys think has the best lore ?

The Nords have great lore since their culture is based on real-life Viking culture.

Wow that does look really cool.

Edited by Thanatos19

Bethesda Softworks finally provided a release date for its Dawnguard DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Tuesday and it is hitting the Xbox 360 toward the end of June.

Game Director Todd Howard was on GameTrailers TV when he revealed that Dawnguard will release first on the Xbox 360 on June 26. It will be released for the Playstation 3 and PC approximately a month later.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dawnguard-for-skyrim-gets-an-xbox-360-release-date-and-new-screenshots

I want to get it, but I need microsoft points. I'll ask for some on y birthday.

I've gotten back into playing Skyrim, but now it appears the game has glitched to the point that I can't even play. Everytime I put it in, it comes up to the title screen, then the loading screen, then followed by a blank black screen with game music. Does anyone know a solution to this problem, if there is one at all?

EDIT: I found out it was a corrupted save file, I had to load from a previous save and things work well now.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

Dawnguard is out tommorrow for us 360 users. Unfortunatly, I'll have to wait until Sunday to (hopefully) get Microsoft points at my birthday party.

Let me know how it is... I need to crack open my Skyrim game again, but really haven't been interested to do so. And to be honest, I haven't been playing a ton of 360 at all.

Kinda sucks that I will be in boot camp when it releases for the PS3. Oh well, I will have a lot of gaming to catch up on between the end of boot camp and my first duty station.

Boot camp....? Chia did you join the Army ?

I got Dawnguard today, I decided to turn into a vampire, it is pretty cool. At least in this new stage with extra powers.

Shocking.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/bethesda-not-yet-satisfied-with-dawnguards-performance-on-the-ps3

The saga concerning The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PlayStation 3 continues unabated. The chatter has recently revolved around PS3 gamers not getting a patch other platforms already received, as well as a Bethesda executive noting that Dawnguard DLC wasn’t even announced for platforms other than Xbox 360. But then news broke that PS3 gamers may indeed receive the Dawnguard DLC after all.

Today, Bethesda has confirmed that Dawnguard is up and running on PlayStation 3, but there’s a catch: it’s not running well. Posting on its official blog, Bethesda notes that it’s “not yet satisfied with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality.”

The post doesn’t technically confirm that Dawnguard will actually be released for PlayStation 3; in fact, the wording can be interpreted that it may never come out. However, we’ve reached out to Bethesda for official comment and clarification.

Dawnguard’s issues on PS3 follow a litany of problems the PS3 iteration of Skyrim has experienced since its launch last November, problems well chronicled here at IGN.

The DLC pack in question originally came to Xbox 360 last month, and was released today for PC.

lol, I beat the fuck out of Dawnguard like a month ago.

Jelly PS3 users? :troll:

I didn't realize it was $20. I'm not spending $20 on a DLC when I get at least five epic adventures from community modders for free- just check the steam workshop, guys.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/28/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-hearthfire-announced

Bethesda has revealed the next major downloadable content for Skyrim, called Hearthfire. Unlike the vampire-hunting focus of the last add-on, Dawnguard, Hearthfire doesn't seem to do much to enhance combat. Instead, with Hearthfire you'll be able to purchase a piece of land in Skyrim and build your own house.

Within the custom living space you'll be able build kitchens, greenhouses, libraries, alchemy labs and trophy rooms to show off your accomplishments. Outside it sounds like you'll be able to set up gardens, fish hatcheries and beehives to make resource collection a little more convenient. You can also hire a steward to help out with household tasks.

Hearthfire will also allow you to adopt children and take care of them while they live at your home. Bethesda has set the price of Hearthfire at 400 Microsoft Points and plans to release it on September 4 on Xbox Live. Check out the full trailer below.

Edited by Vin

Wish that would have come out first. Sounds awesome, but the interest in this game (for me) is gone.

That sounds awesome. Turns out that I just started playing Skyrim again yesterday to finish my Dawnguard quest.

Hopefully I can kill kids this time around. I hate those guys.

Edited by badgers

I have some spare MSP so I'll probably get Hearthfire relatively quickly, but damn it all if that trailer wasn't the gayest sounding thing ever.

So it just allows more family/home things? Okay I guess....hope it adds more quests. But I think I may be done with the game.