Vin

Update: Laurent Robinson scores twice in Cowboys win

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Dolphins
    • Cowboys

TIME: 04:15 P.M. EST

VENUE: Cowboys Stadium

Things are certainly looking up for the Dallas Cowboys as they head into their annual Thanksgiving game.

Some may have counted the Miami Dolphins down and out earlier in the season, but they suddenly find themselves on the verge of their longest winning streak in nearly three years.

With both teams seeking a fourth consecutive victory, the Dolphins visit the Cowboys in an afternoon showdown Thursday.

Dallas (6-4) has climbed its way into a first-place tie with the New York Giants in the NFC East behind its first three-game winning streak since Dec. 19-Jan. 3, 2010. The Cowboys have outscored opponents 94-44 during their run, forcing nine turnovers while committing just one.

"We're not real concerned about the standings right now," coach Jason Garrett said. "We're concerned about the Miami Dolphins at our place at 3:15 on Thursday. Everybody kind of chuckles when I say that, but it's the truth. That's what our focus is.

"This game will be here before you know it, so you have to be focused on that."

The Dolphins garnered national attention for all the wrong reasons while starting 0-7, but they seem to have turned a corner thanks largely to Matt Moore.

Moore, who completed 14 of 20 passes for 160 yards and three touchdowns during Sunday's 35-8 rout of Buffalo, has six TD passes and just one interception while recording a 118.6 quarterback rating during Miami's three-game run.

"He's a huge, huge difference-maker - the reason we've been successful these past few games," said running back Reggie Bush, who's added four rushing TDs during the winning streak.

"Matt's just playing lights out. He's playing amazing. He's throwing great balls. He's a leader. He's poised. He is everything you need."

Miami's defense, which hasn't surrendered a touchdown in 12 quarters, has given up a league-low 6.7 points per game and an average of just 72.7 rushing yards since Nov. 6.

That doesn't bode well for Cowboys' rookie running back DeMarco Murray, who's compiled an NFL-high 674 yards on the ground since Oct. 23.

The Dolphins haven't won four in a row since closing the 2008 season with five consecutive victories. They are the only team in NFL history to go from 0-7 to 3-7.

"All we can ask our guys to do right now is what they're doing - they're going out there and giving us (a) tremendous effort," Dolphins coach Tony Sparano, who spent five years on Cowboys' coaching staff before joining Miami in 2008, told the team's official website. "I'm really proud of the effort the entire football team is giving us right now ... we'll see what the result is when we get out there on Thursday"

Despite the recent success, Sparano knows his team will have its hands full against the Cowboys.

"I think that we have to do a good job of stopping the run, turning it into one of those type of football games," he said. "But they have a lot of weapons, between Dez (Bryant) and Jason Witten and ... of course Tony Romo, there's just a bunch of weapons that we gotta deal with."

Romo has been superb during Dallas' winning streak, totaling 841 passing yards and eight touchdowns without an interception. He threw for 292 yards and three scores, converting a crucial third-and-15 to set up Dan Bailey for the game-winning field goal during Sunday's 27-24 overtime victory at Washington.

"Stacking these wins together is what good teams do this time of year," said Romo. "You need to put yourself in position."

The Cowboys can also take confidence from Romo's success in four career Thanksgiving starts. He's averaged 285.3 passing yards with 12 touchdowns and two interceptions, and Romo is also 18-2 with 49 TD passes and just 12 INTs lifetime in November.

Four Dallas starters - receiver Miles Austin (hamstring), cornerback Mike Jenkins (hamstring), safety Gerald Sensabaugh (foot) and fullback Tony Fiammetta (illness) - all missed the media portion of Tuesday's practice. While Austin and Jenkins are unlikely to be available, the statuses of Sensabaugh and Fiammetta remain unknown.

The Cowboys have won three of four games between the teams, including a 37-20 road victory Sept. 16, 2007, in the last meeting.

The Dolphins are 5-1 all-time on Thanksgiving.

Copyright 2011 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press.

Edited by BLUE

After a slow start for the Dolphins, they have gotten on a little road, but I think Dallas ends their 3 game win streak tomorrow and eliminates any hopes of them making the playoffs.

I picked us to win, but I've got a feeling about this game. Terence Newman does a good job on Brandon Marshall because he doesn't try to get in his face, but still. I just don't feel good about this one. Either way, it's Thanksgiving, and I'll be happy just to be alive. Football means nothing tomorrow, compared to the people I'll be sharing the day with.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Dolphins can't win with Matt Moore throwing for only 120 yards. Dallas run defense won't have it. I don't have a score prediction but with all that being said, it'll be closer than some think. Miami has a stout defensive line. If the Dallas offensive line can keep the Miami LBs in check, there will be plenty of opportunities to attack Miami through the air. Tyron Smith and Doug Free will need to bring their "A" games.

The Dolphins can't win with Matt Moore throwing for only 120 yards. Dallas run defense won't have it. I don't have a score prediction but with all that being said, it'll be closer than some think. Miami has a stout defensive line. If the Dallas offensive line can keep the Miami LBs in check, there will be plenty of opportunities to attack Miami through the air. Tyron Smith and Doug Free will need to bring their "A" games.

I'm really disappointed in Doug Free's penalties this year. It's getting old.

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm really disappointed in Doug Free's penalties this year. It's getting old.

Welp, those penalties are a result of him getting beat. He's not playing up to the same standard he did last year. I guess it's a good thing Dallas drafted their LT of the future in Tyron Smith. I'd like to see him moved over as soon as next year and get Free back at his dominant right side.

Dolphins declared K Dan Carpenter (groin) inactive for Thursday's game against the Cowbobys.

Shayne Graham will handle kicking duties once again. Otherwise, the red-hot Dolphins are healthy.

Their inactives: RB Steve Slaton, TE Will Yeatman, T Will Barker, G John Jerry, DE Igor Olshansky and LB Ikaika Alama-Francis.

Cowboys SS Gerald Sensabaugh (foot) is active for Thursday's game against the Dolphins.

Sensabaugh continues to live up to his reputation of playing through minor injuries. CB Mike Jenkins (hamstring) and WR Miles Austin (hamstring) are both inactive, as expected.

The rest of the Cowboys inactives: QB Jon Kitna, FB Tony Fiammetta, G Daniel Loper, D David Arkin and DE Clifton Geathers.

Guest Phailadelphia

Told y'all that was gonna be a close one.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Laurent Robinson caught seven balls for 79 yards and two touchdowns as the Cowboys came from behind to down the Dolphins 20-19 in Week 12.

The Dolphins shadowed Robinson with burnable CB Sean Smith, and Robinson came out the victor. Rebounding from a first-quarter drop that would've gone for a gain of at least 20 yards, Robinson atoned by making a diving catch for a five-yard touchdown at the end of the first half. On his second score, Robinson ran the length of the end zone and secured a rocket ball from Tony Romo from 18 yards out. Robinson is up to seven touchdowns in his last five games. He'll have another favorable matchup when Dallas visits Arizona in Week 13. Nov 24 - 7:28 PM

Is anybody else thinking that Miles/Dez/Laurent could be the best trio of WRs on a single team in the NFL? I mean, the way Robinson is developing is absurd. How did San Diego not figure this guy out?

Is anybody else thinking that Miles/Dez/Laurent could be the best trio of WRs on a single team in the NFL? I mean, the way Robinson is developing is absurd. How did San Diego not figure this guy out?

eh... not really. I might be but I'm too busy thinking how much you guys hype Bryant as the 2nd coming and wondering what I'm missing. I will say there's been some nice finds by the Cowboys this year though.

Fuck. I started Laurent over Torrey last week and Torrey did work. I started Torrey this week and Laurent did work. God damn you players. :facepalm:

Well,I started him and got some big points...thank you Laurent..

Guest Phailadelphia

Green Bay has a better receiving corps.

eh... not really. I might be but I'm too busy thinking how much you guys hype Bryant as the 2nd coming and wondering what I'm missing. I will say there's been some nice finds by the Cowboys this year though.

He's hyped because he makes "wow" plays. He's still learning how to read coverages and be consistent with the boring stuff. Work in progress. There's a reason almost every team Dallas faces tells Dallas media leading up to the game that stopping the Cowboys offense starts with holding #88.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Green Bay has a better receiving corps.

I said best trio of receivers.

Laurent was great in St. Louis, just couldn't stay healthy. He's always had the talent, he just needs to stay on the field. I have to say, Romo makes his receivers more than they make him.