Sign in to follow this  
Piggly Wiggly

So while everyone is bitching about Alabama making it in the NCG...

...we have god damned Michigan playing Schedule So Soft University (V-Tech) in the Sugar Bowl.

How the fuck did this happen?

Michigan only has 1 win against a top 25 team, and their 2 losses have come at the hands of Michigan St. and unranked Iowa. Then you have Virginia Tech who has played juggernauts known as App State, East Carolina, Arkansas State, Marshall, etc., etc. They did beat Georgia Tech who was ranked 21st at the time, but aren't ranked anymore. And they got skull fucked TWICE by Clemson this season.

Yet the BCS puts these two chump teams in the fucking Sugar Bowl.

131700090789-mother-of-god-super-.jpg

• Upvote 2

10-2 is still 10-2....

Groundbreaking analysis, chap.

A matchup featuring Arkansas and Boise State would have been more logical. The Razorbacks 2 losses were handed to them by the top two teams in the nation, and Boise beat Georgia in their own backyard and they would have had an undefeated regular season had they not fucked up against TCU in the final minutes of that game.

Can't have 3 teams from the same conference in the BCS, BJGEkipz. Arkansas couldn't have made it.

Can't have 3 teams from the same conference in the BCS, BJGEkipz. Arkansas couldn't have made it.

mhm, forgot about that. <_<

K-State would have been a better option than V-Tech, though. :yep:

Which is bullshit. If it's okay to put two teams from the same conference in a bowl game, another slot should be opened up for that conference.. especially if teams like West Virginia and Michigan are the next picks. Really? The Big East? Barf. And Michigan didn't even play in their conference championship. Why not throw Oklahoma or Houston in.. I hate the way the BCS thinks out this garbage.

Oh, and why not just switch Oregon and Stanford? Oregon against Oklahoma State would be great. And Stanford versus Wisconsin doesn't have a bad ring to it. The BCS should hire TGP for this shit.

• Upvote 1

but they can put two teams from the same conference in the National Championship game, yeah, that makes sense roleyes.gif

I know this is illogical for whatever reasons but this is where a playoff system would work. There would be no "bullshit matchups" in bowl games. Instead of ranking 25 teams they rank 32. At the end of the year all 32 of those teams are in the BCS playoffs or whatever. Conference champs automatically get a 1st round bye. Final 2 teams play in the BCS bowl, no shitty bowls for teams that don't get there, and there. Maybe LSU and Alabama would still make it just cuz they're good teams but now there wouldn't be any disagreements about it cuz they won to get there they didn't get put there by BCS officials or whatever.

Like I said I heard that it's illogical for the NCAA system or whatever. I think it'd work but what do I know. I don't watch college ball, really.

I know this is illogical for whatever reasons but this is where a playoff system would work. There would be no "bullshit matchups" in bowl games. Instead of ranking 25 teams they rank 32. At the end of the year all 32 of those teams are in the BCS playoffs or whatever. Conference champs automatically get a 1st round bye. Final 2 teams play in the BCS bowl, no shitty bowls for teams that don't get there, and there. Maybe LSU and Alabama would still make it just cuz they're good teams but now there wouldn't be any disagreements about it cuz they won to get there they didn't get put there by BCS officials or whatever.

Like I said I heard that it's illogical for the NCAA system or whatever. I think it'd work but what do I know. I don't watch college ball, really.

I think its tough to make a playoff so big in football. These guys can't go every other day like Basketball, and they have to fill up stadiums much larger than the arenas they use in basketball every week, while keeping it at a neutral site. Its a logistical nightmare. I think 4 team playoff is the way to go. Keep the bowl games for the also-rans. If it works well and can expand further after they figure out the kinks then do so.

Which is bullshit. If it's okay to put two teams from the same conference in a bowl game, another slot should be opened up for that conference.. especially if teams like West Virginia and Michigan are the next picks. Really? The Big East? Barf. And Michigan didn't even play in their conference championship. Why not throw Oklahoma or Houston in.. I hate the way the BCS thinks out this garbage.

Oh, and why not just switch Oregon and Stanford? Oregon against Oklahoma State would be great. And Stanford versus Wisconsin doesn't have a bad ring to it. The BCS should hire TGP for this shit.

I agree, because Oregon's gonna crush Wisconsin and Oklahoma State is going to make Stanford look silly.

• Downvote 1

I think its tough to make a playoff so big in football. These guys can't go every other day like Basketball, and they have to fill up stadiums much larger than the arenas they use in basketball every week, while keeping it at a neutral site. Its a logistical nightmare. I think 4 team playoff is the way to go. Keep the bowl games for the also-rans. If it works well and can expand further after they figure out the kinks then do so.

Every level of college football other than 1-A has a playoff system.

Every level of college football other than 1-A has a playoff system.

I don't think GA's post was anti-playoff, just pointing out that 32 teams is a lot for a football tournament, and I agree, the FCS playoff has 20 and their regular season ends sooner, they're already through round 2, I think 16 is as big as the FBS can go.

and, unrelated to the rest of the post, but great for the thread in general:

BCS_Computer_Bash_medium.gif

I agree, because Oregon's gonna crush Wisconsin and Oklahoma State is going to make Stanford look silly.

lol no.

Oregon chokes on their dicks in BCS games, and good luck to Okie St making Stanford look silly with that defense of theirs.

• Upvote 1

I'm for an 8 team playoff for the Div-1A championship. It's painfully obvious that the system in place now is a sham and caters to certain favorites as far as teams/conferences. It's pathetic, and every year someone gets absolutely shafted. 16 teams would be the most fair and fun to watch, but 8 is more viable. At this point though, any playoffs would be GREAT!!!

• Upvote 1

Really? Oregon struggles in big games against anyone outside their conference.

It's driving me insane... MSU beat them on a head to head matchup, MSU won the division, and yet somehow U of M got to sit on there sofa, watch MSU lose the B1G Ten championship so they can make a BCS when they didn't do jack shit.

• Upvote 1

You all wait and see. I'll be right.

It's driving me insane... MSU beat them on a head to head matchup, MSU won the division, and yet somehow U of M got to sit on there sofa, watch MSU lose the B1G Ten championship so they can make a BCS when they didn't do jack shit.

All that matters is who was the "hotter" team at the end of the year.

In 2007, Tennessee beat Georgia in the head to head, won the SEC East, but Georgia got picked over Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl because they were the hotter team at the end of the season.

Yeah, I know. Muck Fishigan!

All that matters is who was the "hotter" team at the end of the year.

In 2007, Tennessee beat Georgia in the head to head, won the SEC East, but Georgia got picked over Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl because they were the hotter team at the end of the season.

Come on man. Reeally? It has nothing to do with hot or cold. It's all about ratings and money. People don't care about Mich St. No one is gonna care if they're in a BCS bowl game. Michigan, on the other hand, has a huge following. That game will ultimately bring in more $$$. That's what the BCS is all about. It's a cash grab.

Come on man. Reeally? It has nothing to do with hot or cold. It's all about ratings and money. People don't care about Mich St. No one is gonna care if they're in a BCS bowl game. Michigan, on the other hand, has a huge following. That game will ultimately bring in more $$$. That's what the BCS is all about. It's a cash grab.

Yes, really. Michigan State would draw just as good ratings if they were playing. Michigan isn't some powerhouse team anymore. It's just like it was in 2007 with the Vols/Dogs. Michigan has the hot hand with Denard Robinson. Georgia had the hot hand with Moreno/Stafford.

Yes, really. Michigan State would draw just as good ratings if they were playing. Michigan isn't some powerhouse team anymore. It's just like it was in 2007 with the Vols/Dogs. Michigan has the hot hand with Denard Robinson. Georgia had the hot hand with Moreno/Stafford.

No way Michigan St. gets the draw that Michigan will. Like you said, they have Robinson, and regardless of their recent shittyness, they're still twice as popular as Michigan St. will ever be. They just have a much bigger following and storied history.