RazorStar

Pro Bowl Rosters and Discussion thread

I still dont get how DQ52 doesnt get in ahead of Ray Lewis - I mean come on. Ray is a nonfactor besides his leadership. Old man is old.

And the 26/16 with a 60% rate vs 63.7 and 65.4 is clearly the worse QB of the 3. It's not a big difference, I'll grant you, but it is beyond a minor difference. Eli is having a great year, but he's not top 3 in the NFC.

I was going to point out that he also leads the three in total yards and YPA, but Razor beat me to it so I'll just say that picking and choosing which stats to use and which to ignore is pretty much what I meant by splitting hairs

My fav player made his first pro bowl even though he should of been in plenty of them. way to go tillman

I still dont get how DQ52 doesnt get in ahead of Ray Lewis - I mean come on. Ray is a nonfactor besides his leadership. Old man is old.

He's still the coolest guy in school.

I was going to point out that he also leads the three in total yards and YPA, but Razor beat me to it so I'll just say that picking and choosing which stats to use and which to ignore is pretty much what I meant by splitting hairs

I'm not ignoring it, I just don't really think a 0.3 advantage in YPA over Romo, I think is the first one, gives Eli the nod.

Just look. If you had to pick between these three QBs, which one does NOT belong:

60.3% Completion, 8.3 YPA, 26 touchdowns, 16 interceptions

65.4% Completion, 8.0 YPA, 29 touchdowns, 9 interceptions

63.7% Completion, 7.5 YPA, 34 touchdowns, 14 interceptions

It's quite obvious that Eli is having the worst statistical season.

Just compare him straight to Romo. You're saying that an advantage of 0.3 YPA outweighs 5% less completion, 3 less touchdowns, and 7 more INTs? Romo is clearly better.

Stafford to Eli- 3.4% Completion better than Eli, 8 more touchdowns, and 2 less INTs against a 0.8 YPA advantage towards Eli. We're not picking and choosing, we're taking 3 stats over 1.

Edited by Thanatos19

I'm not ignoring it, I just don't really think a 0.3 advantage in YPA over Romo, I think is the first one, gives Eli the nod.

Just look. If you had to pick between these three QBs, which one does NOT belong:

60.3% Completion, 8.3 YPA, 26 touchdowns, 16 interceptions

65.4% Completion, 8.0 YPA, 29 touchdowns, 9 interceptions

63.7% Completion, 7.5 YPA, 34 touchdowns, 14 interceptions

It's quite obvious that Eli is having the worst statistical season.

Just compare him straight to Romo. You're saying that an advantage of 0.3 YPA outweighs 5% less completion, 3 less touchdowns, and 7 more INTs? Romo is clearly better.

Stafford to Eli- 3.4% Completion better than Eli, 8 more touchdowns, and 2 less INTs against a 0.8 YPA advantage towards Eli. We're not picking and choosing, we're taking 3 stats over 1.

Ok, twist my arm and make me pick one to drop, I'll drop Eli, but short of that I'm putting all three at the same level, I don't see the difference between 60% and 65% accuracy to be that huge when the guy who's got 60% has thrown the ball 70 more times and has a higher YPA and the difference from 60% to 63% is more than made up by almost a full yard per attempt more

Ok, twist my arm and make me pick one to drop, I'll drop Eli, but short of that I'm putting all three at the same level, I don't see the difference between 60% and 65% accuracy to be that huge when the guy who's got 60% has thrown the ball 70 more times and has a higher YPA and the difference from 60% to 63% is more than made up by almost a full yard per attempt more

I'm not at all saying there's a huge difference.

The TD/INT ratio is the biggest thing to me, and it's the reason why I'd leave Cam out of this conversation.

5% completion better over the course of a season is pretty big for a QB. Cam also has a 60% completion rating with 34 total touchdowns (20 passing, 14 rushing) and 16 INTs. The reason why Romo deserved this spot, is because of his lack of INTs. The TD/INT ratio is almost 3 to 1 there, where it's hardly better than 2 to 1 with any other QB.

It's not a big difference, but it is enough, that, to me, Eli getting a pro-bowl nod ahead of Romo is incorrect. It's probably because the Cowboys fans aren't sure as a whole if they like Romo or not.

I don't feel like Rivers deserves this trip to the pro bowl. Hours entire first half if the season was complete garbage and his second was only average from what I had seen. How do they put Rivers over Dalton? Fans maker this thing suck. I wish the players could vote and count for. 50% of the final result. Split it fan/player.

I don't feel like Rivers deserves this trip to the pro bowl. Hours entire first half if the season was complete garbage and his second was only average from what I had seen. How do they put Rivers over Dalton? Fans maker this thing suck. I wish the players could vote and count for. 50% of the final result. Split it fan/player.

That would be worse than what it is now.

Now its 1/3 fan, 1/3 coach, 1/3 player.

But Rivers has better stats than Dalton overall, I think. He didn't have his normal Rivers-like year, but it was still better than the competition.

Although, Matt Schaub may have deserved a nod.

Rivers' stats: 347/556 (62.4%) for 4,314 yards (7.8 ypa) 24 tds, 19 ints

Dalton's stats: 278/436 (58.9%) for 3,166 yards (6.7 ypa) 20 tds, 13 ints

those stats really don't support Dalton over Rivers, and I'm not sure that there's anyone you can conclusively put over Rivers, there's just such a mess at QB in the AFC behind Brady and Roethlisberger largely due to the injuries to Manning and Schaub, if you want to check for yourself here's the statsheet for AFC QBs: Link

I'll add a pro-Eli stat: He leads the QB's mentioned in comeback wins. The Giants have 8 wins and in 6 of them Eli had to lead a comeback. I believe he also leads the league in 4th quarter touchdown passes.