Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Vikings to interview Raheem Morris

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Vikings will reportedly interview ex-Bucs coach Raheem Morris for a possible "high-level defensive coaching position."

Like head coach Leslie Frazier, Morris comes from the Tony Dungy coaching tree. The Vikings are not expected to retain DC Fred Pagac, so Morris would be a natural fit as defensive coordinator/assistant head coach. Morris had previously interviewed for the Redskins' DBs coach position. Jan 5 - 9:39 PM

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Hmm interesting. He'd fit in nicely with that defense IMO. It's definitely an underperforming unit right now.

I hope he gets another chance in the NFL, he is a good guy. I think he should be a DB coach again for now though.

Just to add...

Per PFT:

Raheem Morris meets with Vikings about “high level” job

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 6, 2012, 8:37 AM EST

Former Bucs head coach Raheem Morris won’t be out of work for long.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that Morris met with the Vikings Thursday about a “high level” defensive coaching job. Morris also met with the Redskins Wednesday about a defensive backs coach job.

The Vikings have to call it a “high level” job and not “defensive coordinator” because Fred Pagac is still in place as defensive coordinator. Pagac and other defensive staffers that Brad Childress hired in Minnesota were expected to be let go this offseason, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Morris and Leslie Frazier both come from the Tony Dungy coaching tree, although they have never coached together. In fact, Morris has never coached with another NFL organization than the Bucs.

I think he's ready to be a defensive coordinator. The Bucs had the right idea when they picked him to replace Kiffin; they just jumped the gun when they fired Gruden a month later and gave the job to Morris.

I think he's ready to be a defensive coordinator. The Bucs had the right idea when they picked him to replace Kiffin; they just jumped the gun when they fired Gruden a month later and gave the job to Morris.

^Yeah. Not just that but Morris will actually have some guys with experience that won't give up on him when things get tough. And the Vikings have a D-line that can actually get pressure unlike the Bucs. The defense produced just fine in 2010, I don't see why he wouldn't be successful coordinating the Vikings defense that honestly has more talent.