Wee-Bey

NBA 2012 Game Thread

I really hate my Rockets right now. I really hate Kevin McHale right now. How many jumpers does Patrick Patterson need to miss before you sit his ass on the end of the bench? Jesus Christ, he doesn't even belong in the NBA.,

Edited by BwareDWare94

Nice win today against Dallas. Won all four games this season against them, a lot of players are stepping up with no Kobe (MWP, Matt Barnes, and Sessions has kept up his great play).

Should be interesting these last five games with our 1.5 lead on the Clippers for the Pacific. We have to play the Spurs twice as well as the Thunder. We also play the Warriors and Kings but those are on the road so not guaranteed wins (although we have won 5 of our last 6 on the road).

I'm also hoping the Knicks slot up with the Heat so the Heat eliminate them quickly and I can stop hearing people talk about them...

Boston is in the perfect position going into the playoffs. Were either playing Atlanta or Orlando most likely. I'd prefer Atlanta since they are depleted at C and PF. Orlando has a good coach and can turn it on at any given point but right now their chemistry is shit and Dwight is hurting. Then it'll be a second round matchup against Miami hopefully.

I don't expect us to be in the Finals this year but they've shown they can dominate the best teams in the East, except Chicago, so I'm just hoping for a deep, exciting playoff run. This could be their last.

Boston is in the perfect position going into the playoffs. Were either playing Atlanta or Orlando most likely. I'd prefer Atlanta since they are depleted at C and PF. Orlando has a good coach and can turn it on at any given point but right now their chemistry is shit and Dwight is hurting. Then it'll be a second round matchup against Miami hopefully.

I don't expect us to be in the Finals this year but they've shown they can dominate the best teams in the East, except Chicago, so I'm just hoping for a deep, exciting playoff run. This could be their last.

I really don't know what's the situation with Dwight Howard(Vin dropped him in our league) but if he's hurt during the playoffs,I'd prefer playing against them..As for Atlanta,I agree that they are depleted at C but Josh Smith can play both SF and PF,and he's been a beast the whole season..I think we could handle both teams..

I'd like to face Miami in the second round..I know they're great but we've beaten them twice or three times this season..Plus I hate Lebron and I really don't want to see a ring on his finger..

Glen Davis got hurt last night, so now we're down to our 3rd center. Daniel Orton is a 2nd year players whose played spot minutes rarely throughout the year. Though, he looked good on defense last night. But the injuries are getting absurd. Not to mention tubby had the nerve to go back to Chris Duhon (aka worst player in the NBA) after Ish Smith was a real spark for 3 games. I've never been more pissed at a coach than I was last night when Stan brought Dudu back into the game. I honestly don't care if he is fired anymore, his ignorance is getting to be too much, he just doesn't trust young players no matter how pathetic the veterans in front of them are.

Glen Davis got hurt last night, so now we're down to our 3rd center. Daniel Orton is a 2nd year players whose played spot minutes rarely throughout the year. Though, he looked good on defense last night. But the injuries are getting absurd. Not to mention tubby had the nerve to go back to Chris Duhon (aka worst player in the NBA) after Ish Smith was a real spark for 3 games. I've never been more pissed at a coach than I was last night when Stan brought Dudu back into the game. I honestly don't care if he is fired anymore, his ignorance is getting to be too much, he just doesn't trust young players no matter how pathetic the veterans in front of them are.

At least your coach doesn't continue to play Patrick Patterson over Samuel Dalembert and Marcus Morris.

Is there any chance Al Horford comes back for the playoffs?

I saw Ish Smith once and he played very well..I don't know why would Van Gundy go back to Chris Duhon..A failure,IMO..

I really don't know what's the situation with Dwight Howard(Vin dropped him in our league) but if he's hurt during the playoffs,I'd prefer playing against them

Why I dropped him:

Dwight Howard has a herniated disc in his back and has been advised to rest for the next 10-15 days.

This is confirmation of a previous report on Howard's diagnosis. If Howard returns in 10 days (from Friday), it's conceivable he could return for the final two games of the regular season. If it takes the full 15 days (or longer), Howard won't play again during the regular season and his postseason availability is up in the air as well.

Source: Hoopsworld

Dwight Howard (back) will be reevaluated in 10 days, according to GM Otis Smith.

"The only thing you can do is rest," Smith said. Howard received an epidural injection to treat his symptoms and will "likely" begin physical therapy on Monday. Stan Van Gundy went as far as to say that Howard's postseason availability could be in jeopardy, but it's going to depend on how he responds to treatment.

Source: Orlando Sentinel

I saw Ish Smith once and he played very well..I don't know why would Van Gundy go back to Chris Duhon..A failure,IMO..

Duhon is a major scrub. He is getting like 20 mpg and is averaging 3 ppg and 2 apg. Just awful. His shooting percentages are good, but that is only because he only shoots when WIDE open.

Pleasent suprise, the Magic beat the Sixers by 13 with no Dwight or Big Baby. Daniel Orton did alright in his first career start, 6/6 is about as much as you can ask for someone in his position. Jameer Nelson started the season out awful, at one point I was convinced he was the worst starting PG in the league, but he has come on strong since the All Star break. His 16 points and 13 assists were big. Anderson had a beast 26/13 night, and Earl Clark got his first career double double. Three players with a double double in one game is nice. The best part about this win is that it is HUGE in trying to keep a top 6 seed. We are fucked no matter what if Dwight can't be back for the playoffs, but we'd still like to avoid Chicago or Miami right out of the gates. Indiana would be the ideal matchup for us, so I'm fine with staying 6th.

Also, the Magic are totally better off without Hedo Turkoglu. We are averaging only 10.6 turnovers per game without him, and we averaged over 15 per game with him. His shooting percentages suck and are practically career lows across the board, he just blows at this point in his career but he is a SVG favorite and I'm afraid he'll be back for the playoffs.

I really hate my Rockets right now. I really hate Kevin McHale right now. How many jumpers does Patrick Patterson need to miss before you sit his ass on the end of the bench? Jesus Christ, he doesn't even belong in the NBA.,

We're about to be swept in this home-and-home...

Guest Phailadelphia

Welp OKC has pretty much shut it down pending the playoffs. Can we just get those started now?

The Houston Rockets can take a flying leap. There's no excuse to win 4 straight and then lose 4 straight. What the fuck is going on?

Welp OKC has pretty much shut it down pending the playoffs. Can we just get those started now?

Is that really it or maybe the Clippers just have the Thunder's number for some reason (they have won 3 of 4 against them)? It wouldn't surprise me though if they didn't mind being #2. If they get to #1 they're going to probably play the Clippers/Grizzlies winner (which I think they'd want to avoid until the WCF).

Pissed the Clippers won, hopefully we can get another win over the Spurs tonight without Kobe. Really want that Pacific Division title.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Guest Phailadelphia

Is that really it or maybe the Clippers just have the Thunder's number for some reason (they have won 3 of 4 against them)? It wouldn't surprise me though if they didn't mind being #2. If they get to #1 they're going to probably play the Clippers/Grizzlies winner (which I think they'd want to avoid until the WCF).

Pissed the Clippers won, hopefully we can get another win over the Spurs tonight without Kobe. Really want that Pacific Division title.

It could be a little of both, but I think OKC's record since the AS break is indicative of a team that's not playing at a high level. Same case with the Heat.

well, we're done. Fuck the small portion of my life that still cares about sports. I guess all my teams get to suck yet again.

And once more, 12 unearned free throws for Dirk Nowitzki. I can't stand how he gets to shoot so many free throws for absolutely no reason.

Guest Phailadelphia

And once more, 12 unearned free throws for Dirk Nowitzki. I can't stand how he gets to shoot so many free throws for absolutely no reason.

Drawing contact is an art. I'm surprised more teams don't coach it.

Drawing contact is an art. I'm surprised more teams don't coach it.

What he's saying, though, is that Dirk flops hard and gets WAY too many bullshit calls in his favor, something that I have been preaching to my Mavericks fan best friend since the 2006 Finals.