Wee-Bey

NBA 2012 Game Thread

If the Bobcats manage to get Davis, it's gonna be a block party down there b/w Davis Biyombo.. Unless if the Bobcats find a way to fuck that up...

What a game in Miami. :yep:

Edit: Blake Griffin made Pau Gasol his fucking bitch last night!

Edited by KiLaSix9

If the Bobcats manage to get Davis, it's gonna be a block party down there b/w Davis Biyombo.. Unless if the Bobcats find a way to fuck that up...

Wouldn't get a lot of scoring from that duo though

What a game in Miami. :yep:

Edit: Blake Griffin made Pau Gasol his fucking bitch last night!

lmao, look at Bynum's facial expression on that one. :p

9vo.jpg

Wouldn't get a lot of scoring from that duo though

Yea, but I think it's pretty much a lock for them to get him. Unless if they don't get the 1st pick.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

The Bobcats are clearly tanking, but it is more of management than the players. They traded Gerald Wallace for nothing.

Also, Stan Van Gundy confirmed that Dwight Howard has asked for him to be fired. Dwight keeps making himself look worse and worse.

Griffin can have all the dunks he wants (including one being an obvious offensive foul) but the Lakers get the win once again thanks to the clutch shooting of Black Mamba!!!

Clippers are not on our level. :nope:

I don't even know why the magic are willing to bend over for Howard so much. I know he's a great player and he's one of, if not the, best big men in the game today... But his attitude is just bizarre.

He's an awesome player, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. Complete mental patient.

Guest Phailadelphia

Griffin can have all the dunks he wants (including one being an obvious offensive foul) but the Lakers get the win once again thanks to the clutch shooting of Black Mamba!!!

Clippers are not on our level. :nope:

Both of those dunks were fouls. First one he went over Pau's back, second one he threw an elbow to his face. That being said, they were good dunks but I'm not "wowed" by Griffin anymore because that's literally all he does. There's nothing special about his game. I'm also annoyed that anyone considers him a top PF in the game (ie. Shaq saying he's the best PF period). I could probably name 5 PFs I'd take before Griffin. Sure he has ridiculous athleticism and loads of potential, but in his 3rd year in the league we've yet to see him improve on...well, anything. No use in potential if you're not going to tap into it.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Both of those dunks were fouls. First one he went over Pau's back, second one he threw an elbow to his face. That being said, they were good dunks but I'm not "wowed" by Griffin anymore because that's literally all he does. There's nothing special about his game. I'm also annoyed that anyone considers him a top PF in the game (ie. Shaq saying he's the best PF period). I could probably name 5 PFs I'd take before Griffin. Sure he has ridiculous athleticism and loads of potential, but in his 3rd year in the league we've yet to see him improve on...well, anything. No use in potential if you're not going to tap into it.

I didn't really get to see the first one since I didn't start watching the game until the second quarter, only heard about it.

And I noticed his defense yesterday was dog shit. He doesn't switch off to help or notice what's going on at all. There were a couple times last night Sessions would take it from the top of the key and just drive in uncontested for the layup. I know that's not all on him obviously but like you said nothing about his game screams "impressive" to me. Not a force on defense and doesn't have much of a shot. :shrug:

I don't even know why the magic are willing to bend over for Howard so much. I know he's a great player and he's one of, if not the, best big men in the game today... But his attitude is just bizarre.

He's an awesome player, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. Complete mental patient.

Magic are in a really tough spot, I sympathize with them. If they keep him they have to deal with his bi-polarness and if they trade him they will probably suck for the next few years and attendance will go to hell. Athletes nowadays. :facepalm:

Guest Phailadelphia

I didn't really get to see the first one since I didn't start watching the game until the second quarter, only heard about it.

And I noticed his defense yesterday was dog shit. He doesn't switch off to help or notice what's going on at all. There were a couple times last night Sessions would take it from the top of the key and just drive in uncontested for the layup. I know that's not all on him obviously but like you said nothing about his game screams "impressive" to me. Not a force on defense and doesn't have much of a shot. :shrug:

Blake is COMPLETELY lost on both ends of the floor, especially defense, and on offense when he's not in a position to post up or run the PnR. If you pass the ball to him on the wing and play off him, he'll dribble between his legs like an idiot a couple of times then either brick a jump shot or pass it back out after taking 10 seconds off the shot clock.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Guest Phailadelphia

Magic are in a really tough spot, I sympathize with them. If they keep him they have to deal with his bi-polarness and if they trade him they will probably suck for the next few years and attendance will go to hell. Athletes nowadays. :facepalm:

They should trade him to the Nets next year after DWill leaves in free agency.

The Magic are bending over so much because they've already had this happen with Shaq and they don't want it again. But honestly, I'm tired of it all. Not just Dwight, I'm pretty sick of nearly everyone involved with this organization currently. SVG is one of the few exceptions, but he is going to be made a scapegoat for Otis Smith's incompetence and Dwight being a child.

• Upvote 1

Lacks a lot of basketball fundamentals, can't hit free throws worth shit, and he still averages 21/11/3 on 53% shooting... And a 23 efficiency rating... At 23... Playing his second season... And there's nothing special about him....? Yea...

Anyways... I am getting so pissed off by this team and the way they manage Monroe's minutes/touches. Bynum is an injury waiting to happen and he plays more minutes then Monroe, he's our best player and he's never on the damn court down the stretch.

Lacks a lot of basketball fundamentals, can't hit free throws worth shit, and he still averages 21/11/3 on 53% shooting... And a 23 efficiency rating... At 23... Playing his second season... And there's nothing special about him....? Yea...

It's his third season. I don't know what "efficiency" is but his 53% shooting is mostly dunks it doesn't mean he's a good shooter. He's not that impressive, I think me and Phail are in the same boat that he COULD be something but there's so much to improve on.

And nothing you posted shows anything about he plays off the ball and defensively, which is not very good from what I've seen and from what I've heard quite a few experts say.

It's his third season. I don't know what "efficiency" is but his 53% shooting is mostly dunks it doesn't mean he's a good shooter. He's not that impressive, I think me and Phail are in the same boat that he COULD be something but there's so much to improve on.

And nothing you posted shows anything about he plays off the ball and defensively, which is not very good from what I've seen and from what I've heard quite a few experts say.

Second season. He was the Rookie of the Year last year and played as a sophomore this year in the Rising Stars Game.

I despise Blake Griffin and how everyone gobbles his knob. It's terrible.

Second season. He was the Rookie of the Year last year and played as a sophomore this year in the Rising Stars Game.

I despise Blake Griffin and how everyone gobbles his knob. It's terrible.

My bad, I just keep thinking of him getting drafted in 2009 and forgetting he missed that entire season.

Chris Paul is the reason this Clippers team is so much better this year.

So lemme get this straight then.

The guy puts up 21 points a night off of just dunks... JUST DUNKS? I'd recommend you watch him a little more before you come to the conclusion that he's nothing special, or isn't impressive at all. He's no LaMarcus Aldrige in the paint, but for a guy who is far from a finished product, is still very raw, and going is in his second year 21/11/3 is a pretty impressive statline. His issues are his jump shot and FT, and that's something that with the proper coaching and development you can get better at-- the fundamentals. It's his SECOND YEAR, give him a break. lol.

So lemme get this straight then.

The guy puts up 21 points a night off of just dunks... JUST DUNKS? I'd recommend you watch him a little more before you come to the conclusion that he's nothing special, or isn't impressive at all. He's no LaMarcus Aldrige in the paint, but for a guy who is far from a finished product, is still very raw, and going is in his second year 21/11/3 is a pretty impressive statline. His issues are his jump shot and FT, and that's something that with the proper coaching and development you can get better at-- the fundamentals. It's his SECOND YEAR, give him a break. lol.

I didn't say they were all dunks. But I don't think it's that far fetched to say a lot of them are. And you refuse to mention his DEFENSIVE game which seems to be a lot of NBA fans are going these days where they only carry about the offensive end. He's dog shit defensively.

So if a guy has a bad jump shot, is a bad free throw shooter, and bad defensively tell me again why I should be impressed?

I didn't say they were all dunks. But I don't think it's that far fetched to say a lot of them are. And you refuse to mention his DEFENSIVE game which seems to be a lot of NBA fans are going these days where they only carry about the offensive end. He's dog shit defensively.

So if a guy has a bad jump shot, is a bad free throw shooter, and bad defensively tell me again why I should be impressed?

In a world with Kevin Love, 21/11 isn't that impressive. Not to mention the 3-5 other PFs who are better than Griff.

Also, DMAC, Griffin gets twice as many calls as any other Power Forward simply because he's Blake Griffin.

Guest Phailadelphia

Also, DMAC, Griffin gets twice as many calls as any other Power Forward simply because he flops more than an IHOP.

FTFY.

no, you should be impressed because DESPITE the fact he has a bad jump shot, and can't hit free throws he's still putting up around 21 a night. And his defense is nowhere near as bad as your making it out to be, he's no Garnett, but he's also no Kevin Love. He struggles in transition and in off defense, but it isn't because he lacks the lentgh or athletic ability to be good at it, it's because he hasn't fully learned that yet, once again, it's called growth.

But he's already one of the better PF in iso situations defensively any where but the post, and that has a lot more to do with the fact that he has extremely short arms for a PF and just doesn't have the base or the length of PF like L.A, ZBow, Gasol, Smith.

His defense has been in decline as of late and he'll never be a lockdown defender due to his physical shortcomings (how many superstars in the NBA are dominant defenders anyways?), but at the worst he's average. He is not dog shit on defense, that's ignorance.

In a world with Kevin Love, 21/11 isn't that impressive. Not to mention the 3-5 other PFs who are better than Griff.

Oh really? Not impressive at all? You sure about that?

Player A has no game outside of 9 feet from the basket and excels in the post, can't hit his jumpers with any type of consistency, can't hit his free throws, he's even airballed free throws twice in a row, can't shoot 3s to save his life either. Still nets around 21 points a night with a 53% FG%. Is currently tied with 3 other players for 2nd amongst PF in ppg. And has yet to of learned a lot of the fundamentals of the game going into his second season and has out of this world potential.

Player B has no inside game, but can hit his jumpers with some consistency, excels at grabbing o rebounds and tipping them back in, can hit free throws consistently, and oh yea, he can hit the three too. He averages around 26 ppg on 45% shooting. And is first amongst PF in ppg. Not considered to have a very high ceiling because of very limited athleticism, but is very persistent, and a great hustler.

Player B takes more shot, takes more free throws and makes more free throws, takes a bigger bulk of his team's offensive possessions, and can hit the three a lot better then player A, but yet only nets around 5 more points a night. Both are considered to be some of the premier and the best at the same position.

Player A is Griffin and B is Love, apparently, in spite of everything I just said, they aren't anywhere near the same level offensively. :huh:

And it's apparent that you guys don't look at metrics, but i'd recommend looking at even the simple ones. Even though Griffin plays on a team where there's real competition for rebounding unlike Love, and Love's volume stat on the boards are so much better then Griffin's, he is still only one two players below Love in rebounding rate.

Also, DMAC, Griffin gets twice as many calls as any other Power Forward simply because he's Blake Griffin.

And im gonna dismiss this. Griffin gets NO MORE fouls then any other star or great player in the league. NONE. So it really doesn't matter. And Griffin gets a lot of fouls because he attacks the basket, more then a lot of other PF in the league. It's irrelevant to anything anyways considering the fact he makes so little of them.

• Upvote 1

no, you should be impressed because DESPITE the fact he has a bad jump shot, and can't hit free throws he's still putting up around 21 a night. And his defense is nowhere near as bad as your making it out to be, he's no Garnett, but he's also no Kevin Love. He struggles in transition and in off defense, but it isn't because he lacks the lentgh or athletic ability to be good at it, it's because he hasn't fully learned that yet, once again, it's called growth.

But he's already one of the better PF in iso situations defensively any where but the post, and that has a lot more to do with the fact that he has extremely short arms for a PF and just doesn't have the base or the length of PF like L.A, ZBow, Gasol, Smith.

His defense has been in decline as of late and he'll never be a lockdown defender due to his physical shortcomings (how many superstars in the NBA are dominant defenders anyways?), but at the worst he's average. He is not dog shit on defense, that's ignorance.

Oh really? Not impressive at all? You sure about that?

Player A has no game outside of 9 feet from the basket and excels in the post, can't hit his jumpers with any type of consistency, can't hit his free throws, he's even airballed free throws twice in a row, can't shoot 3s to save his life either. Still nets around 21 points a night with a 53% FG%. Is currently tied with 3 other players for 2nd amongst PF in ppg. And has yet to of learned a lot of the fundamentals of the game going into his second season and has out of this world potential.

Player B has no inside game, but can hit his jumpers with some consistency, excels at grabbing o rebounds and tipping them back in, can hit free throws consistently, and oh yea, he can hit the three too. He averages around 26 ppg on 45% shooting. And is first amongst PF in ppg. Not considered to have a very high ceiling because of very limited athleticism, but is very persistent, and a great hustler.

Player B takes more shot, takes more free throws and makes more free throws, takes a bigger bulk of his team's offensive possessions, and can hit the three a lot better then player A, but yet only nets around 5 more points a night. Both are considered to be some of the premier and the best at the same position.

Player A is Griffin and B is Love, apparently, in spite of everything I just said, they aren't anywhere near the same level offensively. :huh:

And it's apparent that you guys don't look at metrics, but i'd recommend looking at even the simple ones. Even though Griffin plays on a team where there's real competition for rebounding unlike Love, and Love's volume stat on the boards are so much better then Griffin's, he is still only one two players below Love in rebounding rate.

And im gonna dismiss this. Griffin gets NO MORE fouls then any other star or great player in the league. NONE. So it really doesn't matter. And Griffin gets a lot of fouls because he attacks the basket, more then a lot of other PF in the league. It's irrelevant to anything anyways considering the fact he makes so little of them.

Kevin Love has post game, come on. Just because he's not as polished as say, LaMarcus Aldridge, doesn't mean he doesn't have post game.

Also, considering he shoots those jumpers and 3s and still has a 45% FG percentage, that's twice as impressive as a 53%er composed of mostly dunks and bunnies.

Blake Griffin is too unpolished to fix. He's an impressive athlete, for sure, but I'll take the guy who scores better, rebounds better, shoots better from EVERYWHERE, and defends better all day. You didn't refute my post, you sided with it.

555322240.gif?key=520293&Expires=1333777305&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=AcBr-ZaOoNmaF9MVRHTisd8Qo0yzsm44tXGkKSrm8qpfuixLw-fKNfjxhJwhOg~SC-ddOdT2C-16RSI1w1jZy5vvRnYV7VLzupYsSBGrmVk4sSzgF8yMF25kpnk74WqsefLn3ebOVYxWR3dvbfuPMOdxwSwOfUr7mENrKetPq48_

Camby knows whats up :yep: