Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Ron Paul Campaign Tells Candidates To Drop Out And Unite To Defeat Romney

"Ron Paul and Mitt Romney have been shown in national polls to be the only two candidates who can defeat Barack Obama.

"And Ron Paul and Mitt Romney are the only two candidates who can run a full, national campaign, competing in state after state over the coming weeks and months. Ron Paul's fundraising numbers -- over $13 million this quarter -- also prove he will be able to compete with Mitt Romney. No other candidate can do all of these things.

"Ron Paul is clearly the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney as the campaign goes forward.

“We urge Ron Paul’s opponents who have been unsuccessfully trying to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney to unite by getting out of the race and uniting behind Paul’s candidacy.

“Ron Paul has the boldest plan to cut spending, a dedication to protecting life, and a lifelong dedication to the Constitution and limited government. He also has the necessary support to campaign nationwide against Mitt Romney.

“Our campaign is already planning ahead for South Carolina, Florida, and beyond. Soon Ron Paul will head to South Carolina to begin a feverish round of campaigning.

“Ron Paul is in this race for the long haul. And he is ready to fight.

BuzzFeed

Wooooo.

lol this is going to piss a lot of Republicans off. Has Fox news heard of this and lose their shit yet?

Edited by Shotgun

The only problem is that I think the other candidates like Romney better.

The only problem is that I think the other candidates like Romney better.

Yes. There only attacking him because, newsflash, he's the frontrunner. If somebody else were in the lead, they'd be the ones attacking such and such. Think it says a lot about Romney being able to get 2 victories so far while being under attack from all the other candidates at the same time.

People are hesitant to vote Paul because there's a good chance he'll just drop out and run as an independent. Romney on the other hand, is staying with the party no matter what. More guarantee in your vote.

Gingrich just needs to go away. His "Massachusetts Moderate" shit makes no sense. What's so bad about that?

I'm on board for whoever beats Obama. Could care the fuck less who is more "conservative". It's a dick measuring contest.

Edited by Brownage

Yes. There only attacking him because, newsflash, he's the frontrunner. If somebody else were in the lead, they'd be the ones attacking such and such. Think it says a lot about Romney being able to get 2 victories so far while being under attack from all the other candidates at the same time.

People are hesitant to vote Paul because there's a good chance he'll just drop out and run as an independent. Romney on the other hand, is staying with the party no matter what. More guarantee in your vote.

Gingrich just needs to go away. His "Massachusetts Moderate" shit makes no sense. What's so bad about that?

I'm on board for whoever beats Obama. Could care the fuck less who is more "conservative". It's a dick measuring contest.

Ron Paul, nationally... Is running 2nd and according to numerous polls is one of two (Romney) that can challenge Barack Obama. He isn't dropping out. lmao.

Ron Paul, nationally... Is running 2nd and according to numerous polls is one of two (Romney) that can challenge Barack Obama. He isn't dropping out. lmao.

All it takes is one disastrous state.

And if he doesn't get the nomination, you can't tell me he wouldn't decide to run as an independent. Give me a break. Why vote for Paul in the primary, when that's more likely to happen anyway?

And if he doesn't get the nomination, you can't tell me he wouldn't decide to run as an independent. Give me a break. Why vote for Paul in the primary, when that's more likely to happen anyway?

He won't decide to run as an Independent.

He won't decide to run as an Independent.

Why thank you Ron. Didn't know you posted on these boards.

Why thank you Ron. Didn't know you posted on these boards.

“I’m not an absolutist,” he told host Chris Wallace. “But I have no plans – everybody knows I have no intention of doing that. That would be a bit of a burden. And besides, I don’t want to do it.”

Paul was more willing to entertain the possibility of winning enough delegate votes in forthcoming caucuses to have his name placed in nomination at the convention in order to influence the party platform and get a prime time speaking slot.

• Upvote 2

What the fuck else you expect him to say? If he said anything different he would've forfeited the primary right then and there. He's going to try and win the nomination and the Republican party support first and if it's a no-go, then he'll run as an independent.

It's clear as a fucking sunny day.

• Downvote 2

What the fuck else you expect him to say? If he said anything different he would've forfeited the primary right then and there. He's going to try and win the nomination and the Republican party support first and if it's a no-go, then he'll run as an independent.

It's clear as a fucking sunny day.

No. He won't. After this campaign is over, he is done with politics. He's announced his retirement already. This is his last run before Rand takes over and builds on the success of Ron.

If Ron's last act in the political ring was to run as independent and pretty much guarantee Obama 4 more years, it would permanently damage his legacy, and the momentum that Rand will carry moving forward.

It will not happen.

He won't run third party/independent because it would ruin any future political aspirations he would have in the GOP, but more importantly to him, it would put a burden on his son Rand's political future. Rand Paul is an up-and-coming figure in the GOP and most importantly the Tea Party. He is a favorite strong conservative to run in 2016 or 2020 and a Ron Paul 3rd party run would hurt Rand's chances.

So, yes, I can tell you that he won't decide to run if he doesn't get the nomination.

Barring the disastrous state part...

Even if that's the case... why would it matter? I don't see him dropping out only to run as independent, but if he doesn't receive the nomination and decided to run independent why would it change your vote in the primary? There's a 0% chance he would win as a libertarian party candidate so if people like him they need to get him in as the Republican candidate.

If he loses and doesn't go independent we all just vote for him as a write-in candidate anyways. :D

The only way for Ron Paul (or anyone else) will beat Romney is to assassinate him...please, can someone do that? While I don't think that either Romney or Paul will be able to defeat Obama, Paul is surely the lesser of two evils.

Why would Ron Paul drop out of the GOP nomination rate when he's in 2nd place? Do you have any idea how much more money the GOP would bring his campaign than the libertarians or running as an independent? You need the money backing you ever want to stand a chance winning any sort of election in this country unless you're a billionaire and can finanace your own election.

The skeletons in that guys closet that would be unlocked would be quite amusing.

Do any of you guys think Donald Trump will jump into this race? :shrug:

The guy was head over heels in the birther conspiracy. He's a nut-job. I hope he does, it would be very entertaining to watch Ron Paul dismantle him.