Vin

General Ideas Thread

Mobile version of site is extremely buggy on android phones. Even with sigs disabled someone's .gif loads and freeze chrome browser. Love the site but hate the hassle of not being able to access it on the go.

What is with quotes?

I can't even describe it, but it's fucked up. I don't like it...and I miss how it just used to be old and simple quotes.

• Upvote 1

Yeah the quotes can act really stupid sometimes and it's quite annoying.

What is with quotes?

I can't even describe it, but it's fucked up. I don't like it...and I miss how it just used to be old and simple quotes.

How so? The fact that they quote a series of posts, like this:

That Falcons draft tho...

Love the Matthews and Joyner picks. Attaochu was a hell of a reach though.

Is it really a reach when it's a need...and he's arguably the 3rd best edge rusher in the draft?

In the first round, yes.

You just mad that when we did our trade, you thought I wasn't going to take him.

or is it something else? I think the amount of, er, quotable quotes can be changed.

If so, how bout just make it one. I don't need the whole string. Anyone who post a lot from a phone will know what an ass pain it is.

How so? The fact that they quote a series of posts, like this:

or is it something else? I think the amount of, er, quotable quotes can be changed.

Test.

Boom, no more long quote chains!!!!

Thanks, Vincenzo. :wub:

Edited by BLUE

In the past we had a bookie just for fun. We might look into bringing that back. We won't bet real money on the games though.

• Upvote 1

In the past we had a bookie just for fun. We might look into bringing that back. We won't bet real money on the games though.

I would love to have a bookie

You should make your "Mad Box" visible to guest. It appears the primary activity of the board takes place there.

Some of us have been saying this for a while and it used to be that way, but there was worry about how our shit-talking and off-the-wall discussions might be perceived by prospective members.

You should make your "Mad Box" visible to guest. It appears the primary activity of the board takes place there.

Noted!

Now, what's your opinion on the censoring of speech, or, more accurately, the censoring of slurs? :think:

Noted!

Now, what's your opinion on the censoring of speech, or, more accurately, the censoring of slurs? :think:

Be sure to ask his opinion on what constitutes a "slur", aslo.

Bumping this to bring back an epic idea Ricky had...

Is there anyway we can look into implementing a tagging system similar to Facebook? As in say I make a post and I really want someone to see it I could mention them (tag them) in the post and maybe on the sidebar it would show up for them as a notification. It could be useful in helping to make sure someone sees a point you want to make or just something that would interest them in general.

I know alternatively you can just PM them or post the link for the post on their profile but this would be pretty cool I think (if there is a way to make this happen).

Has anything changed to make something like this possible? Would be subtle but awesome, IMO.

• Upvote 2

That's an awesome idea. :yep:

Yeah I've seen it used on other boards it is pretty useful :yep: The only thing is like the rep system dudes can be childish and abuse it and keep tagging someone to bully them, I saw that happen too :lol:

This dude was a Pacers fan and for some reason everyone was convinced he was actually Roy Hibbert so anytime Hibbert had a bad game or the Pacers lost everyone on the board would tag this dude in the game thread lolol

Edited by CampinWithTheOldestSpice

Is there an IPB glitch right now? I only see myself as an active member right now. Others have been reporting this problem too.

Probably. It's not showing when people are in a thread either.

This has happened in the past IIRC, and it resolved itself.

I know I don't post a lot but I do access the site from my phone quite a bit to see what is going on. I was wondering if there are any upgrades to the mobile version available. It would be nice to be able to use the shout box and give rep without having to switch to the full site. I would use and contribute a lot more if those were available.

• Upvote 2