BLUE

**Update** Redskins re-sign defensive captain Fletcher

Per Rotoworld.com:

Free agent ILB London Fletcher's "first choice" is to re-sign with the Redskins, "if they want me."

Fletcher's 224 consecutive games played streak is tied with Ronde Barber for the most among active players. "He is playing at a very high level," coach Mike Shanahan said. "What I mean is you want him on your football team." Shanahan had previously stated that re-signing Fletcher will be a "priority" this offseason. Jan 27 - 12:10 PM

Source: Redskins.com

Edited by BLUE

:clap:

You hardly find these players anymore.

Edited by badgers

How can you not love London Fletcher?

How can you not love London Fletcher?

I think even rival fans love the guy, haha.

I'd certainly welcome him to Philly with open arms. Great guy to have in your lockerroom and despite his age he continues to be of the 5 best ILB's in the game. You gotta respect Fletch.

I would be seriously shocked and more than a little pissed off to see London Fletcher leave the Redskins. We have other big name free agents (Laron Landry, Fred Davis), but there is no one that has had the impact and locker room presence that Fletcher has. I want to see him retire in the Burgundy and Gold.

I would be seriously shocked and more than a little pissed off to see London Fletcher leave the Redskins. We have other big name free agents (Laron Landry, Fred Davis), but there is no one that has had the impact and locker room presence that Fletcher has. I want to see him retire in the Burgundy and Gold.

At the same point in time the man deserves to at least have a shot a winning the Super Bowl. At this point does he even have a shot at the playoffs in Washington? tbh I hope so. Fletch deserves to see some team success instead of just individual success.

At the same point in time the man deserves to at least have a shot a winning the Super Bowl. At this point does he even have a shot at the playoffs in Washington? tbh I hope so. Fletch deserves to see some team success instead of just individual success.

He won one in St. Louis, but I do agree that he deserves another. Will that happen in DC? Not likely. I just cannot imagine our defense without #59 on the field.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Redskins GM Bruce Allen confirmed during Super Bowl week that the team intends to re-sign free agent ILB London Fletcher.

"We want to. We want to, and he wants to come back," Allen said. "We’re just waiting for the season to finish, and then we’re gonna take care of business. He’s a captain. We want our captain back." Fletcher turns 37 in May, but has started 224 straight games and his performance has not been an issue. The sides should be able to work out a short-term deal before free agency begins. Feb 6 - 4:28 PM

Source: redskins.com

whether he stays or goes you can bet on him to lead whatever team he's playing for in tackles, he's led his team in tackles every year since tackles became an official stat in 2001, spanning three different teams

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to FOXSports.com's Alex Marvez, the Redskins' cap penalties could hinder contract talks with free agent ILB London Fletcher.

The Redskins have expressed interest in bringing back Fletcher, but won't have the option of backloading his contract going into his age-37 season. If Fletcher returns with Washington, it will be at a bargain-basement salary. Mar 24 - 7:55 PM

Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

Per Rotowolrd.com:

Redskins re-signed ILB London Fletcher.

He's the last of the marquee free agent inside linebackers to sign. Fletcher turns 37 in May, but remains one of the league's top run defenders and can still hold his own in pass coverage. Fletcher's 166 tackles led the NFL, and he's also forced six fumbles over the past two seasons. He added two interceptions and will return as one of the better re-draft IDP targets going. Apr 13 - 5:43 PM

I was tempted to do run down the street doing my happy dance when I heard the news. Made my fucking week.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Redskins ILB London Fletcher's new deal is worth $10.75 million over two years, and contains $5.25 million guaranteed.

Technically a five-year contract to spread out the cap hit, Fletcher's deal will void after two seasons, and is essentially a one-year pact. The Redskins' leading tackler each of the past five seasons, Fletcher will turn 37 in May. Apr 16 - 10:48 AM

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter