Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

**Update** Lofa Tatupu visits Titans on Tuesday

Per Rotoworld.com:

A source close to the situation told the National Football Post that free agent MLB Lofa Tatupu sat out the 2011 season due to knee problems.

Tatupu had both of his knees surgically repaired before the season, and we suspect he was unable to pass physicals in team tryouts. "It was just injury-related," the source said. "He wasn’t 100 percent and didn’t feel he was ready to go." Tatupu is still only 29 and plans to make a comeback in 2012. The Bears, Redskins, and Raiders showed interest in Tatupu last offseason. Jan 31 - 4:48 PM

Source: National Football Post

Edited by BLUE

Possibly Giants???? Maybe Rocky Bernard his ex-teammate can talk him into it

I'd love to see the Eagles take a look at him. If he's healthy and isn't too badly effected by his knee He'd be an enormous upgrade for us.

I'd love to see the Eagles take a look at him. If he's healthy and isn't too badly effected by his knee He'd be an enormous upgrade for us.

Would adding Lofa Tatupu... make the Eagles Super Bowl contenders? :troll:

• Upvote 2

LOL, they would be the "Dream Team".. lol, gotta love Vince Young

Would adding Lofa Tatupu... make the Eagles Super Bowl contenders? :troll:

Funny guy, but you guys could sign LT in his prime to a contract and still not be Super Bowl Contenders with $cam Newton at QB. How do you throw 3 picks when the defense you're playing isn't even competing?

Funny guy, but you guys could sign LT in his prime to a contract and still not be Super Bowl Contenders with $cam Newton at QB. How do you throw 3 picks when the defense you're playing isn't even competing?

You are soo very right... that defense has so many holes

As Plax pointed out, Carolina's defense is the problem, not our offense. Adding LT does nothing. Unless by LT you mean Lawrence Taylor. Although merely adding one guy is probably not enough to fix that defense, since football is, ya know, a team sport.

However, Cam has the greatest season for a rookie QB ever, and you're using one game- the Pro Bowl at that- to say he'd never be a Super Bowl contender?

Cam owes a ton of his success to the absolutely phenomenal job Chud did as his OC. That's why I was so afraid that someone was going to take him for their HC- not because I didn't wish Chud well, but because to take Chud away from Cam this early in his career could have been disastrous for Cam's development.

Not to mention, I'll take Double Trouble over LT in his prime.

(Oh and Cam Newton > Michael Vick.)

Edited by Thanatos19

As Plax pointed out, Carolina's defense is the problem, not our offense. Adding LT does nothing. Unless by LT you mean Lawrence Taylor. Although merely adding one guy is probably not enough to fix that defense, since football is, ya know, a team sport.

However, Cam has the greatest season for a rookie QB ever, and you're using one game- the Pro Bowl at that- to say he'd never be a Super Bowl contender?

Cam owes a ton of his success to the absolutely phenomenal job Chud did as his OC. That's why I was so afraid that someone was going to take him for their HC- not because I didn't wish Chud well, but because to take Chud away from Cam this early in his career could have been disastrous for Cam's development.

They're the same player. Cam is just bigger and less brittle

They're the same player. Cam is just bigger and less brittle

Even if that were completely true, and the only difference, that in and of itself makes him loads better.

What makes Cam and Michael the same? The fact that they are both black and have a little running ability? I see no other similarities between the two.

Back to the topic, Lofa is one of the smartest players. He's the quarterback of the defense and always knows where to be especially on running plays. Just keep him heathy, I don't believe he's played a full season more than twice. He's gunna miss games.

knee injuries... i wondered why the gmen didnt give him a look when they needed lbs

Cam Newton and Mike Vick are no where near the same player, not even the Vick of last season. A HUGE difference that I definitely know is that Cam Newton can throw the ball accurately. Mike Vick can't. He never could. Never.

• Upvote 1

Per Rotoworld.com:

Free agent MLB Lofa Tatupu visited with the Titans on Tuesday.

Titans GM Ruston Webster mentioned the defensive front seven as a top offseason priority. Tatupu would provide veteran insurance for Tennessee's young linebacking corps. The 29-year-old had visited the Saints on Monday. Feb 14 - 8:25 PM

Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter

I would love to see him in two tone blue, and since Reinfeldt was with Seattle when they drafted Tatupu it makes sense we'd look at him, I'm not sure what would happen with McCarthy, but I'm sure we could figure something out, and I'd be fine with pushing McCarthy onto the bench to make room for a guy like Tatupu

If he stays healthy and is willing to accept a small contract, you won't be disappointed.

There is only one LT...And he once said back in 05 or 06, that if LaDanian insisted on being called by initals, they should call him BLT (Baby LT)...haha that had me laughing for days

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

they should call him BLT

Now I'm hungry.

First they sign Hasselbeck now they're after Tatupu...

The Tennessee Titans - Where Seahawks vets go to retire!

Seriously though, I always liked Tatupu. He's a great player (While he's healthy) and I was sad to see him leave us. I wish him and whoever picks him up the best of luck. He's the kind of guy I hope becomes a coach after he retires. He knows so much and is so devoted to the game he could train the hell out of your LBs

Edited by Jayrus

usually happens when you get a GM from a different team

Seriously though, I always liked Tatupu. He's a great player (While he's healthy) and I was sad to see him leave us. I wish him and whoever picks him up the best of luck. He's the kind of guy I hope becomes a coach after he retires. He knows so much and is so devoted to the game he could train the hell out of your LBs

Thought that was Detroit? :wink:

Good luck where ever he goes in my opinion he is done i wanted to move on after watching him get run over by teams in his last season with us looked like his size caught up to him like draft experts predicted.