NaTaS

TGP, do you really hate your your rivals?

I despise all three AFC North teams. The Bengals are a team I hate much less than the other two, if only for the fact that their defense has quite a few players that I like on it.

As a Browns fan, I don't hate the Bengals, I used to hate the Ravens and that is cooling off, but I really hate the Steelers. I dislike (most) of their fans with a passion - except ZoS and Sarge both of whom I respect greatly. Steeler fans are some of the biggest bandwagon mother fuckers on earth and they're everywhere. I hate that the all-time record Browns vs Steelers that was own by the Browns since the beginning of time to the mid-2000's is now owned by the Steelers and our piss poor performance over the last decade has caused some of our fans to join the Steelers bandwagon. I'm bitter and that fuels my hatred.

What about you? Do you really hate your rivals or is it more respect?

Damn man, that cuts deep, been steelers fan since I was born.

:Packers: : My dad is from Wisconsin, and therefore half of my family cheers for the Packers. We have some fun (at times, intense) discussions, especially during the weeks that Green Bay and Chicago play. While I want to say that this rivalry is always in good fun (it usually is), it isn't always. It stems from a hatred between Chicagoans and Wisconsinites. I was vacationing in Wisconsin and I went into a pharmacy for a paper. I asked how much the Chicago Tribune costs, and the clerk said, "$3.00. We aren't in Chicago, you know." While I don't personally hate people from Wisconsin, a lot of people that I know do. I do find it annoying, however, how seriously they take the Packers and how biased they are. That's a whole different story, though. In terms of players, I hate Clay Matthews. I like Driver. Anyone else I don't really care about.

:Lions: : I agree with what F4E and badgers said. I never really cared about the Lions until recently, and now I hate them more than Minnesota. It's not as much about the fans or the city/state here, it's about the team. Suh is one of my least favorite players in the game and Schwartz is one of my least favorite coaches. I don't have a problem with hard-hitting (we are the 'Black and Blue' division, after all), but they're just flat out dirty. I've never defended a Green Bay Packer more than when Suh stomped on him on Thanksgiving.

:Vikings: : I don't like the Vikings, but they're my favorite of the other three teams in the division (of course, that isn't saying much). I love Minneapolis, and they're fans are some of the nicest, but I do dislike them just because they are a division rival.

In summary (and to answer your question), I don't hate the fans or players of our rivals, but I do hate the team, if that makes sense. I hate the Green Bay Packers organization and I cheer against them, but I don't necessarily hate the people in the organization.

I used to dislike the Giants for ending the Pats perfect season in the Superbowl. However, I've gianed increasing respect for them as of late. So there's really only four teams I have legitamate animosity towards right now.

1) Steelers - Reason? You might think Superbowl XL. Well yes and no. It's not that we lost, or that I question the loss. It's that Steelers fans won't stop rubbing it in our faces. It happened. It's over. shut the hell up please. There's also the fact that I despise their bandwagon fans. Steelers "Fans" exist in every state in the country and I'd be willing to bet 98% of them only support the Steelers because they're the perennial SB team. the moment the Steelers stop going to the big one most of their so-called fans will jump ship, I guarantee you.

2) Raiders - Reason? This is an age-old prejudice left over from days past when the Seahawks were in the AFC West. Not to mention I live in Oregon where if you're not a Seahawks fan like the majority, you're probably either a Raiders or a 49ers fan. Also, unfortunately where I live the Raiders "fans" are generally thugs and gangsters. Add into it that the Raiders historaccly have had much violence agaisnt opposing fans in their stadium, and the result is me not able to stand this team or anyone who supports them.

3) 49ers - Reason? Beyond being our current divisional rival, I can't stand the fact that they are the ONLY team in our division anyone gives a shit about. The Seahawks owned the NFC West for 7 years and yet we had to listen to how it's the "49er's division" and how the "49ers are/were a dynasty!" Never mind that they've been a joke for over a decade. Those rusted old superbowl rings mean they're the only team in the West anyone will talk about, and their fans are even worse. The 49ers have the loudest, dumbest, most self-absorbed fanbase i've EVER seen. I have NEVER hald a conversation with a 49ers fan (Except for BayAreaBomber) that didn't degenerate into mindless insults against my team and a reminder that they won the superbowl decades ago. No matter how bad their team does. No matter how much they suck THIS year, they're better than you because they won the superbowl way back when. Every 49ers fan acts like football royalty, expecting you to bow down to their team and it's "dynasty" and it drives me insane.

4) Saints - Current events aside, I can't stand the Saints. I hate when a team is crowned the Superbowl Champion halfway through the season. I hated the media circus that surrounded them that year. I hated hearing about Katrina 100 times a day. (I don't in anyway mean to minimise the suffering people went through in that tragedy though. I just was sick of hearing about how the Saints saved New Orleans every other minute of the day that year). I ESPECIALLY hated the obvious and disgusting favoritism they were shown in the NFCCG that year. They will never in my mind the the Superbowl Champs of that year. They didn't earn it. They were just handed it. (I know Saints fans will contest that. This isn't about wwhether that's true. I'm just describing my reasons and beliefs for disliking the Saints). As for the current scandal, it has only vindicated, at least for me, my dislike of the Saints.

This exactly. 1000x this. Had to live with one of those bandwagon Stealers fans last year for 6 months... one of the biggest toolbags I've met. Arrogant douchebags with rapists for players. One of my good friends is a 49ers fans, so that's made it more like an intense sibling rivalry. Love to watch them lose. The season opener in 2010 he, a couple of my Hawks frends and I went... so sweet to watch them sit there and cry about the niners getting stomped. Great day to be in the Hawks nest too. Hate Oakland and their fans, but I've had to lessen it to an extent because one of my favorite players (Taiwan Jones from EWU) got drafted to that shithole, so I root for him to do well... hope he can get traded ASAP. Don't have anything personal against the Saints, but in light of the recent BS, makes the Hawks' BEAST MODE beat-down so much more satisfying. That day will live in Seahawks and NFL lore. Honorable mention goes to the Bears. They're similar to the Niners, but have been kind of relevant in the last decade.

Cool topic, NaTaS. As a Cowboys fan, in order of hate:

1. Igglez. I cannot stand their fans. I get along with the fans on these boards (SteVo, seanbrock, etc), but around my town and stuff they're so clueless. The Eagles radio announcer has by far the most annoying voice in all of sports. It doesn't help that the Igglez also have a dog killer as their QB and the biggest cockbag in the NFL known as DeSean Jackson. But hey, I guess that's what I get rooting for the Cowboys in a location 45 mins from Philly. Regardless, you've earned my vote for most hated rival.

2. Giants. They say you usually hate others because they are good. Well, I guess that applies here to an extent. The Giants have owned our ass in recent years and I'm sick of it. Again, I'm cool with their fans on here (NYGFH and BLUE), but I work in Jersey and every Giants fan here at work makes me want to pull my hair out. You can't even hold a conversation without them getting defensive and just sounding stupid. Typical Jersey fans. I guess I have some of that blood in my considering I was born and raised in Jersey, but so be it lol...

3. Redskins. History says I should probably hate this rival the most, but I guess because I wasn't around during the hayday of this rival it doesn't mean as much to me. Skins also suck ass, so it makes it easier to not hate them as much lol. I have family in VA though so when the Skins v Cowboys comes up, the blood starts to boil.

Not a rival, but an honorable mention goes to the Ravens.

I just absolutely hate every team in the NFC North outside of my favorite team... At one point it was the Packers and then everyone else... Now I hate them all. Only player I respect who doesn't play for the Lions is AP and Briggs.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't "hate" them individually, but I despise the collective idea of them and their fans.

I hate every team in the nfc

Awesome topic.

1) :Eagles: I am far from a fan of the Eagles, but I am honestly indifferent toward them.

2) :Giants: I have a fair amount of hatred for them, but not so much the team as their fans. I have seriously never met a more arrogant bunch of people in my fucking life. Of course, there are certain exceptions to the rule (Blue, for instance), but still. I guess it helps comfort me to know that the Redskins have played the Giants pretty close the last couple of years (even swept them this past season).

3) :Cowboys: Let me put it like this: I vowed many years ago that if any teacher of my children put a blue star shaped sticker on their paper, I will IMMEDIATELY remove my kid from the classroom. My hatred runs so fucking deep that if I even see a blue star, I start to sweat and my blood begins to boil. The rivalry goes back to the founding of the Cowboys, so there is no half-assing the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry.

Awesome topic.

1) :Eagles: I am far from a fan of the Eagles, but I am honestly indifferent toward them.

2) :Giants: I have a fair amount of hatred for them, but not so much the team as their fans. I have seriously never met a more arrogant bunch of people in my fucking life. Of course, there are certain exceptions to the rule (Blue, for instance), but still. I guess it helps comfort me to know that the Redskins have played the Giants pretty close the last couple of years (even swept them this past season).

3) :Cowboys: Let me put it like this: I vowed many years ago that if any teacher of my children put a blue star shaped sticker on their paper, I will IMMEDIATELY remove my kid from the classroom. My hatred runs so fucking deep that if I even see a blue star, I start to sweat and my blood begins to boil. The rivalry goes back to the founding of the Cowboys, so there is no half-assing the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry.

F you too chia :censored:

F you too chia :censored:

lol. You aren't too bad most of the time. It is the other part of the time that annoys me. In your defense; your team has won two titles while mine has been wallowing in horribleness for many years...

lol. You aren't too bad most of the time. It is the other part of the time that annoys me. In your defense; your team has won two titles while mine has been wallowing in horribleness for many years...

Fair enough sir, fair enough. PS fun fact one of my buddies I played with since I was 5 became a starter this year for your Redskins so I actually cheer for them now, except when they play us lol although you clown stomped us twice this year haha. Darrel Young he's an amityville boy from long island, we grew up less than a mile away from each other best kid in the world, real stand up guy too

Anyways my hate list in reverse order....

4. Skins, for reasons stated above

3. Cowboys, with the exception of my brother and Mav I could do without all over cowboy fans plus we won 7 of the last 9 and they vaulted us to the Super Bowl this year.....thanks again for that

2. Eagles, for all intensive purposes they have owned us the last few years.....butbi have no dislike to any of the fans on here however every eagle fan I've met in person I have wanted to beat the piss out of

1. We play them once every 4 years, they have sucked and have accomplished nothing in nearly half a century, and they are the virtual step child of NY but when Rex Ryan got here, and they were handed a playoff spot by the colts 3 years ago and the false sense of accomplishment and thought they were the Kings of NY everyone of my Mets/Jets fan suddenly forgot how to shut the fuckkkkkk up. Now I hope they go 0-16 every year in embarrassing fashion

PS amazing topic NaTaS

The interesting thing about the NFC South is that I think any 4 of the teams in the division can beat eachother in any given game. That's pretty unique because there aren't any other divisions like that, except maybe the NFC East.

I absolutely hate the Saints with a passion more than any other team in the league. I hate the team, I hate the players and while I do have a few friends that are fans of the Saints, for the most part I hate their fans as well. Majority of their fans (NOT ALL) have some sense of entitlement ever since they won the Superbowl. It get's pretty annoying, and a lot of them can be pretty damn arrogant. Almost like the old-school raiders fans were. (No offense, again lol)

The Panthers and the Bucs I just simply dislike. I can't stand them, but not quite on the same level as the Saints.

Fair enough sir, fair enough. PS fun fact one of my buddies I played with since I was 5 became a starter this year for your Redskins so I actually cheer for them now, except when they play us lol although you clown stomped us twice this year haha. Darrel Young he's an amityville boy from long island, we grew up less than a mile away from each other best kid in the world, real stand up guy too

Anyways my hate list in reverse order....

4. Skins, for reasons stated above

3. Cowboys, with the exception of my brother and Mav I could do without all over cowboy fans plus we won 7 of the last 9 and they vaulted us to the Super Bowl this year.....thanks again for that

2. Eagles, for all intensive purposes they have owned us the last few years.....butbi have no dislike to any of the fans on here however every eagle fan I've met in person I have wanted to beat the piss out of

1. We play them once every 4 years, they have sucked and have accomplished nothing in nearly half a century, and they are the virtual step child of NY but when Rex Ryan got here, and they were handed a playoff spot by the colts 3 years ago and the false sense of accomplishment and thought they were the Kings of NY everyone of my Mets/Jets fan suddenly forgot how to shut the fuckkkkkk up. Now I hope they go 0-16 every year in embarrassing fashion

PS amazing topic NaTaS

:beerchug2:

I absolutely hate the Steelers and everything they stand for. I can conjure up some respect for them when nobody is doing anything to piss me off, but the hate can be overwhelming. I don't like them as an organization or as people. I don't care about the Bengals or Browns at all. I hardly even consider them rivalries. I have much more disdain for the Patriots than either of those teams.

As a Browns fan, I don't hate the Bengals, I used to hate the Ravens and that is cooling off, but I really hate the Steelers. I dislike (most) of their fans with a passion - except ZoS and Sarge both of whom I respect greatly. Steeler fans are some of the biggest bandwagon mother fuckers on earth and they're everywhere. I hate that the all-time record Browns vs Steelers that was own by the Browns since the beginning of time to the mid-2000's is now owned by the Steelers and our piss poor performance over the last decade has caused some of our fans to join the Steelers bandwagon.

Preach.

I absolutely hate the Steelers and everything they stand for. I can conjure up some respect for them when nobody is doing anything to piss me off, but the hate can be overwhelming. I don't like them as an organization or as people. I don't care about the Bengals or Browns at all. I hardly even consider them rivalries. I have much more disdain for the Patriots than either of those teams.

I can understand hating them as people, or individulas, and of course the team in general....but I dont get hating them as an organization....elaborate please. IMO one of the most stand up and respected organizations in the league

The interesting thing about the NFC South is that I think any 4 of the teams in the division can beat eachother in any given game. That's pretty unique because there aren't any other divisions like that, except maybe the NFC East.

I absolutely hate the Saints with a passion more than any other team in the league. I hate the team, I hate the players and while I do have a few friends that are fans of the Saints, for the most part I hate their fans as well. Majority of their fans (NOT ALL) have some sense of entitlement ever since they won the Superbowl. It get's pretty annoying, and a lot of them can be pretty damn arrogant. Almost like the old-school raiders fans were. (No offense, again lol)

The Panthers and the Bucs I just simply dislike. I can't stand them, but not quite on the same level as the Saints.

Pretty much what he said except switch the Saints for Falcons and Falcons for Saints. And also would leave out the superbowl part.

Saints and Falcons have a great rivalry since the old NFC West days. As for fans they have some real fans and then some bandwagoneers much like the Saints do.