JetsFan4Life

#3 Florida Panthers vs. #6 New Jersey Devils

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Florida Panthers
    • New Jersey Devils

Discuss this series here.

So pumped that as a Devils fan that we drew Florida. We're also playing really good hockey coming into the playoffs. We should win this series hopefully.

I have the Devils in 6. Vintage Marty performances coming up.

Florida is only the #3 seed because of NHL's dog shit seeding system, and the Devils are playing great hockey at the right time. As of now I'm actually predicting them to beat the Rangers in round two and advancing to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Florida doesn't have enough. Devils.

Florida is only the #3 seed because of NHL's dog shit seeding system, and the Devils are playing great hockey at the right time. As of now I'm actually predicting them to beat the Rangers in round two and advancing to the Eastern Conference Finals.

:yep: And let's not forget the 18 OTL/SO losses the Panthers got during the season.

Devils have far too much playoff experience for the Panthers to handle. New Jersey wins in 5. If this goes at least 6 I'll be surprised.

Liking Florida to surprise and win this series. Brodeur has been pretty dog shit in the postseason for the past several years.

By all accounts we should sweep the Panthers but I know we won't. I have us winning this series in 6 games though.

Liking Florida to surprise and win this series. Brodeur has been pretty dog shit in the postseason for the past several years.

Dude, the Panthers had been out of the playoffs since 2000. They have almost no playoff experience. The Devils will be too much to handle for them.

Dude, the Panthers had been out of the playoffs since 2000. They have almost no playoff experience. The Devils will be too much to handle for them.

Uh, you do realize that they have plenty of players with playoff experience, right? Not to mention several of them have rings, as well.

It's not like they've had the same roster since 2000. :laugh:

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Uh, you do realize that they have plenty of players with playoff experience, right? Not to mention several of them have rings, as well.

It's not like they've had the same roster since 2000. :laugh:

I do know this. I also know that the Panthers are very mediocre this year, and that they only got in due to 18 OT/SO losses and the NHL's retarded seeding system.

Edited by BigBen07

I do know this. But how many of those players have won a Cup?

Too be fair the Devils don't have too many Cup winners either. Brodeur, Sykora, Elias....am I forgetting someone?

I'm hoping Clemmenson gets some action for Florida. Looking forward to him getting some playoff time....

so we can own him. :devious:

Too be fair the Devils don't have too many Cup winners either. Brodeur, Sykora, Elias....am I forgetting someone?

I'm hoping Clemmenson gets some action for Florida. Looking forward to him getting some playoff time....

so we can own him. :devious:

Whoops. I re-edited my original post too late. lol.

I have full confidence in the Devils to win this series.

I do know this. I also know that the Panthers are very mediocre this year, and that they only got in due to 18 OT/SO losses and the NHL's retarded seeding system.

So what? lol. It's the playoffs. Regular season stats are thrown right out of the door.

So what? lol. It's the playoffs. Regular season stats are thrown right out of the door.

I know. But I feel that Florida will carry over their recent regular season play into this series. (2 wins in their last 10 games) And that is what may cost them.

Devils in 5.

I'm a bit scared just because in recent years we've seemed to shit the bed in the 1st round, but in my eyes this team is different than that of the past.

As others have said, Devils are hot right now too. That's big in any sport - regardless of seed.

Panthers in 6. Panthers are dog shit devils are more dog shit true story

• Downvote 1

Well that pretty close. Up 1-0 :rock:

Well that pretty close. Up 1-0 :rock:

Yeah almost blew that one. Theodore did great in goal for Florida, not his fault.

Brodeur with his 100th career playoff victory! Hopefully he gets 101 on Sunday. :yep:

Panthers in 6. Panthers are dog shit devils are more dog shit true story

You were definitely high when you posted this you fool lol...

Even though the Panthers won tonight I'm not worried. We lost tonight because of two reasons. We took stupid penalties early on which cost us, we can fix that. Also Theodore played a great game for the second game in a row. He'll come back down eventually.

Either way as the road team you'll always take a split in the first two games. :rock:

Even though the Panthers won tonight I'm not worried. We lost tonight because of two reasons. We took stupid penalties early on which cost us, we can fix that. Also Theodore played a great game for the second game in a row. He'll come back down eventually.

Either way as the road team you'll always take a split in the first two games. :rock:

Yeah, that's about my mindset. I'll take a tied series heading back to Jersey for two games.

Funny, the way Game 1 and 2 went they were almost reversed.

Ugh Marty's Sv % is under .900 in these playoffs.

lol Jimmy Howard's is .892

Both Jose and Marty have GAA's of 2.52 but Theodore has the much better .921 Sv %

:yep:

I don't even want to look at Fleury's #'s :rofl:

Edited by BayAreaBomber