Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Santorum Pulls Out

Rick Santorum to drop out of the presidential race

Posted by Aaron Blake and Nia-Malika Henderson at 02:02 PM ET, 04/10/2012

Rick Santorum will announce Tuesday that he is suspending his presidential campaign, all but bringing to a close the 2012 GOP presidential contest and effectively handing the nomination to Mitt Romney, according to an official close to the campaign.

Santorum is set to announce his withdrawal at a campaign event happening shortly in Gettysburg, Pa. — the site of the historic and pivotal Civil War battle. (Video of the event will be streamed above and can be found here.)

The former Pennsylvania senator had been Romney's top opponent, but he suffered a trio of defeats last week in Wisconsin, Maryland and the District of Columbia, and over the weekend his daughter, Bella, was hospitalized for the second time this campaign due to complications from a rare genetic disorder.

Washington Post

I'm not sure if this was motivated more by how small his shot of getting the nomination is or his daughter's health complications, my bet is a combination of the two, but either way it effectively ends the Republican Primary

I'm guessing it's a combination of the two as well, oochy. And yes, this basically cements that this November we will have a Obama vs. Romney election.

Fucking yuck. Is this seriously the best America can come up with? I might vote for Ron Paul anyway.

Interesting. Tonight he will be speaking at my school...campus is crawling with SS so it'll be an interesting night indeed.

Is this seriously the best America can come up with? I might vote for Ron Paul anyway.

I'm seriously considering it. Of course, I have been for awhile, I wasn't voting for Santorum, either.

it's 2004 all over again, you have an unpopular incumbent facing a challenger people like even less

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

RIP to my favorite political meme of the 2012 election cycle. :(

LOL what an incredibly ironic thread title for the most pro-life candidate we've seen in years.

Thank goodness. Not a huge fan of Romney, but at least he doesn't want to effectively destroy america.

Santorum gets *owned* by *Fox News* on Don't Ask, Don't Tell- this was back in January, but a person using this logic could pretty much justify anything.

I mean, this is worth watching just because it's Fox News actually bringing up valid points.

Edited by Thanatos19

Maybe if his dad would have pulled out we could avoid one more retard in politics.

• Upvote 1

LOL what an incredibly ironic thread title for the most pro-life candidate we've seen in years.

Bware, go on youtube and search "Jimmy Kimmel Live L. Brent Santorium". It's just fuckin comedy gold, just super funny stuff. I cried of laughter one time I watched it. He's supposed to be the "brother" (fake) of Rick Santorium.

Edited by CARDINAL