Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Burfict: "Whoever picks me in the draft is going to have a great middle linebacker."

The whole article:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/dennis_dillon/04/20/vontaze.burfict/index.html#ixzz1sdYD4wDs

"I wish that all 32 teams could just chill with me for a day and see what kind of person I am off the field. I'm soft-spoken and shy. I'm a laid-back guy."

"Whoever picks me in the draft," he said, "is going to have a great middle linebacker."

What, does Patrick Willis come with him in a package deal? :troll:

• Upvote 1

Always nervous and shy? Not exactly a great personality for a MLB. If he really is that nervous of a guy, and it affected him at the combine, he's going to have a shitty rookie season.

Outside of a history of attitude issues, what is the knock against him? A slow 40 time? I've seen him play live and be a complete terror. Sure he's not worth a high draft pick given the fact that you need a safe a pick as you can get with a top pick. But when the potential is there, it doesn't hurt to just take a flyer on a guy towards the end of the draft when its a complete crapshoot anyhow. Legarette Blount had a similar situation.

I'd be willing to take a flier on him as a UDFA. Maybe this can motivate him.

Outside of a history of attitude issues, what is the knock against him? A slow 40 time? I've seen him play live and be a complete terror. Sure he's not worth a high draft pick given the fact that you need a safe a pick as you can get with a top pick. But when the potential is there, it doesn't hurt to just take a flyer on a guy towards the end of the draft when its a complete crapshoot anyhow. Legarette Blount had a similar situation.

Blount was actually a good player on the field. Burfict is flat out garbage, he misses his assignments all the time and doesn't make the right plays consistently. He just blows people up occasionally. Not to mention he is a complete headcase and is costing his team even more yards with his dumbass penelties.

I wouldn't want this guy near my team as an UDFA. The ONLY reason people have interest is because he has a familiar name.

People are actually knocking him for what he put on film last year as well. It's not just about his attitude and combine.

Updating that, per Rotoworld

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports NFL teams were informed this week that Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict and Virginia Tech CB JayRon Hosley tested positive for marijuana at the Combine.

After starting the 2011 season as a consensus first-rounder, Burfict's past few months have seen a perfect storm of factors sending him toward undrafted free agent territory. Burfict is littered with red flags, from his on-field play to drugs, entitlement, questionable effort, and misplaced priorities.

LOLthisguy

roflBurfict. Well, that solidifies him not getting drafted. lol ATL for taking him in the 4th round in our mock draft.

Ahhhh the life of an UDFA.

roflBurfict. Well, that solidifies him not getting drafted. lol ATL for taking him in the 4th round in our mock draft.

lolATL in general. :troll:

• Upvote 1