Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Darrelle Revis unhappy with his contract

Per Rotoworld.com:

Darrelle Revis is unhappy with his contract situation, and didn't rule out the possibility of a holdout when speaking to reporters Monday.

"I just don't know," said Revis. "I'm not saying I am going to holdout. I'm not saying I'm not." Revis held out for over a month back in 2010 before signing a four-year, $46 million extension. Only 26 and clearly the most dominant player at his position, Revis is understandably upset after watching inferior Brandon Carr and Cortland Finnegan land huge contracts. He has plenty of leverage and likely won't be satisfied unless he's the league's top-paid cornerback. Apr 23 - 7:51 PM

Source: Kevin Armstrong on Twitter

Edited by BLUE

I think it's kind of fucked up to sign a contract after holding out and do it two seasons later, but Revis has a lot of leverage going for him this season. Rex Ryan's job could be on the line this year, and he'll do what he can to convince Tannenbaum to give Revis more money.

I think it's kind of fucked up to sign a contract after holding out and do it two seasons later, but Revis has a lot of leverage going for him this season. Rex Ryan's job could be on the line this year, and he'll do what he can to convince Tannenbaum to give Revis more money.

Ya... Dude just got like 20 million guaranteed after holding out not so long ago... ha.

I don't really blame him him, but DAMN is he gonna get expensive if they do this every other offseason.

He didnt like now sign a contract?

Yeah I really wish he wouldn't be doing this since he just held out two years ago, but I understand where he's coming from seeing as he is the best cornerback in the NFL.

July 2012: Darrelle Revis signs huge contract

Late August 2012: Darrelle Revis tears ACL in left knee and misses 2012 season.

A douche, but a very talented douche.

Yeah I really wish he wouldn't be doing this since he just held out two years ago, but I understand where he's coming from seeing as he is the best cornerback in the NFL.

Ya, I don't blame him for wanting to be the highest paid CB being that he is... the best cover CB in the league.

But you are going to get overpaid players every year, especially at CB which is quickly becoming one of those big time positions that you NEED to be successful being that this is a passing league more than ever.

The price is going to continue to raise...

If I am the Jets organization, I am just going to prepare to restructure his deal almost every year, maybe every 2.

A douche, but a very talented douche.

Unless you have another reason I don't see how wanting to be paid the most for being the best at your position makes you a douche. :shrug:

Ya, I don't blame him for wanting to be the highest paid CB being that he is... the best cover CB in the league.

But you are going to get overpaid players every year, especially at CB which is quickly becoming one of those big time positions that you NEED to be successful being that this is a passing league more than ever.

The price is going to continue to raise...

If I am the Jets organization, I am just going to prepare to restructure his deal almost every year, maybe every 2.

Yeah the only problem is I'm doubting Mike T. and the gang expected to Revis to possibly hold out again before this contract ended.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Unless you have another reason I don't see how wanting to be paid the most for being the best at your position makes you a douche. :shrug:

Who the hell whines bitches and moans about a contract and holds out on national TV to try and gain leverage, gets a deal done that is pretty damn crazy anyway. Then turns around and does it again. Take that bitch ass crap somewhere else.

I am the best ever....but I pull up lame when Randy Moss beats me lol. :rofl:

Just another part of the sideshow that has become the jets. At least under Mangini they were not a laughing stock.

Foot Fetish coach that loves feet.

A coach that guarantees a SB every year he is coach.

A diva WR who has to annoint himself the end all be all

A shitty QB who complains every five minutes about the jets and a QB rumor.

Paying said shitty QB long term.

A divided locker room.

Cromartie and his cabbage patch garden.

Now Bevis pulling this shit.

An old Fogie who is supremely overrated who gets sauced and hits on reporters on live tv, commenting on everything.

And Jesus trying to mediate.

I appreciate the Jets being a storied Franchise and all, but damn. It is time to shut your mouth and play football. It cant get any worse than this run your mouth and pray thing they got going.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Who the hell whines bitches and moans about a contract and holds out on national TV to try and gain leverage, gets a deal done that is pretty damn crazy anyway. Then turns around and does it again. Take that bitch ass crap somewhere else.

Just another part of the sideshow that has become the jets. At least under Mangini they were not a laughing stock.

Foot Fetish coach that loves feet.

A coach that guarantees a SB every year he is coach.

A diva WR who has to annoint himself the end all be all

A shitty QB who complains every five minutes about the jets and a QB rumor.

Paying said shitty QB long term.

A divided locker room.

Cromartie and his cabbage patch garden.

Now Bevis pulling this shit.

An old Fogie who is supremely overrated who gets sauced and hits on reporters on live tv, commenting on everything.

And Jesus trying to mediate.

I appreciate the Jets being a storied Franchise and all, but damn. It is time to shut your mouth and play football. It cant get any worse than this run your mouth and pray thing they got going.

Who holds out? Quite a lot of football players hold out and what does your list that you wrote up have anything to do with your previous comment about Revis being a douche? Like Rex Ryan is the only guy to ever have a foot fetish, who gives a fuck. Also Namath is also just a guy who happened to play QB for the jets and won't keep his mouth/drunk ass off TV or out of the media.

Who holds out? Quite a lot of football players hold out and what does your list that you wrote up have anything to do with your previous comment about Revis being a douche? Like Rex Ryan is the only guy to ever have a foot fetish, who gives a fuck. Also Namath is also just a guy who happened to play QB for the jets and won't keep his mouth/drunk ass off TV or out of the media.

I am saying that when you are the best player on your team, you might want to take a leadership role. It happens quite often actually. He needs to be worrying about how to get his team to play together as a unit and quit running to the media when you have an issue. he has the stage to set a great example for a divided locker room by letting this thing work itself out and settling it in house. If he becae a leader who led by example and could gel a cohesive locker room together. If he did that on top of his natural ability as the best cover corner in the league there is no way the jets let him leave and will get his HUGE pay day. If by some crazy off shoot scenario the Jets part ways with him he gets it elsewhere. Keep quiet and take your 11 million dollars this year and let the negotiating begin next year.

The other things brought up was to show what is on the shoulders of the new york Jets right now without having take a snap. he does not need to add to the drama especially when you are the face of the franchise and the teams best player.

People who just play ball and become the leaders of a team almost always get paid. Seen it time and time again with Ray Lewis. The man was 34 and makes over 7 mil a year on a contract when he is well past his prime.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

What do you mean holds out on national TV? He didn't/doesn't have a show about his holdout. He didn't even say I WILL hold out he just said said he doesn't know.

He has never and no one has said he's the best ever. And oh no he had one bad moment...

Just another part of the sideshow that has become the jets. At least under Mangini they were not a laughing stock. Yes we were....the Brett Favre Era ON TOP of missing the playoffs two out of three years and the one year we made it the Pats whooped our asses. The definition of a laughing stock.

Foot Fetish coach that loves feet. Yep...

A coach that guarantees a SB every year he is coach. Yes the coach is the coach great observation.

A diva WR who has to annoint himself the end all be all And is upset because he has a shitty QB...oh wait you can call him that but he has to put up with it.

A shitty QB who complains every five minutes about the jets and a QB rumor. What?

Paying said shitty QB long term. To help make cap space for this year and next year.

A divided locker room. That's nice.

Cromartie and his cabbage patch garden. The one funny thing you said this whole time. Congrats.

Now Bevis pulling this shit. Seriously the nerve!

An old Fogie who is supremely overrated who gets sauced and hits on reporters on live tv, commenting on everything. What does that have to with this era? That was 10 years ago....

I actually think Brett helped the Jets transition rather nicely into what they become in the years directly after his one season there.

If it weren't for that collapse, they would have (and should have) made the playoffs.

I actually think Brett helped the Jets transition rather nicely into what they become in the years directly after his one season there.

If it weren't for that collapse, they would have (and should have) made the playoffs.

Well considering that was the year of Brady's injury and we cut Pennington who went on to help lead the Dolphins to the AFC East title (which we were supposed to be the ones to grab from the Pats) it was still embarrassing. Not to mention Brett using us to get to the Vikings ultimately.

I DO think it helped in the fact that after that season the Jets realized they needed to establish an identity and I think that's part of the reason we hired Ryan.

What do you mean holds out on national TV? He didn't/doesn't have a show about his holdout. He didn't even say I WILL hold out he just said said he doesn't know.

He has never and no one has said he's the best ever. And oh no he had one bad moment...

So the Hard knocks thing where he decided he wasnt going to show up with his team, and Ryan had to check his room at night hoping he showed up. Ya know where Rex actually had to help in getting a deal done. That time he wasnt there.

So youre telling me santonio only acts a fool because of his QB. What about Big Ben ? Pretty sure he will go down as a way better QB than Santonio will receiver.

If you havent caught any instances of Sanchez complaining I dont know what to say ?

You are going to tell me your locker room is cohesive. I guess we should take your word over all of those players that are there.

What Namath has to do with this era is he cant help but be a distraction. The dude cant shut his mouth.

You want to have all these problems on your team, and then have the franchise trying to posture in the media. Not a good look.

I don't really understand this move by Revis. I mean, you can't hold out for more money EVERY time the market changes. What if the market for corners goes down?

I don't really understand this move by Revis. I mean, you can't hold out for more money EVERY time the market changes. What if the market for corners goes down?

I don't see that happening. But theoretically he says nothing and plays... lol

Dude just signed a god damned $46m extension 2 years ago, and he's already thinking about holding out? What a fucking clown.

Honestly, if he goes through with holding out, I say fuck it and part ways with him if I'm the Jets. Better off investing your money in offensive linemen. An elite corner doesn't win you Super Bowls, anyway.

WTF. you just got paid. Like people said with T.O, if u dont like the contract dont sign for it. When u sign for it and then want a new one 2 years later u look like a bitch

WTF. you just got paid. Like people said with T.O, if u dont like the contract dont sign for it. When u sign for it and then want a new one 2 years later u look like a bitch

I don't get this sentiment. When teams sign player to a contract and doesn't perform to the level expected and cut them no one complains. But if a player signs a contract and becomes worth more than the contract he's a bitch, a douche etc.

It happens in the real world too. Teacher unions are constantly negotiating for more money even during a contract. Are they bitches too?

I don't get this sentiment. When teams sign player to a contract and doesn't perform to the level expected and cut them no one complains. But if a player signs a contract and becomes worth more than the contract he's a bitch, a douche etc.

It happens in the real world too. Teacher unions are constantly negotiating for more money even during a contract. Are they bitches too?

Whatever money a teacher makes is not even close to what NFL players make. Big difference in money. Not to mention that job would be benficial to society. Anyways, worth more? If he thought he was worth more why not of went for a similair contact back then? Or an extension. Doing whats hes doing is basically saying im here for the money thats it. Greedy. Thats the word I should use. Now if he done that AFTER his contract were about to be up or he were in the final year of the deal ok. Not halfway thru bro.

It's understandable to be frustrated when you see lesser players get better contracts, but to even consider pulling another off-season stunt so soon after the last one would make it obvious he cares a little much about the money. That's how most will perceive it, anyway. It's undeniable he's a beast. All he has to do is continue to dominate without saying anything, and then he gets the money and he gets lauded for being a class act about it.