Round 5

Emmanuel Acho

Round 6

Billy Winn

Round 7

Trevin Wade

Brad Smelley

Edited by Favre4Ever

Don't like the Weeden pick. I think they should have gone WR. Rumor has it they were targeting Wright, but the Titans beat them to it. Still could have nabbed Hill who I really like.

As far as Trent Richardson....

fuck you...

:troll:

lol He's going to be a friggin' beast in the NFL...no question...not gonna lie...I'm jelly....congrats to the Brownies on that one...

Edited by BucD

If Stephen Hill falls to them, then I like the draft for the Browns. They are really adding some pieces to get their offense going. Richardson is going to be a stud and is a great guy to build the offense around. I just don't get why they would take Weeden at #22 when he would be there at #37.

I would have rather grabbed DeCastro at #22 and then got Weeden in the 2nd. If we still manage to get Hill, I'm happy.

Also, TRich is a BOSS. Dude has speed, strength and hands. Total package.

Don't like the Weeden pick, think he would've been there in the 2nd and I don't like the 1st round investment into a 29 year old QB. But it just felt like Weeden and Cleveland were a match the whole time, I couldn't imagine any other team drafting him.

I love the Weeden pick for the Browns. No more McCoy can only be a good thing. Weeden has a very strong arm, something that was lacking in McCoy. Weeden can make the throws, also something McCoy was lacking. Weeden will be able to get the ball over the line, one more thing McCoy couldn't do. Seeing the trend?

As far as the Browns needing a WR, they do, but it wouldn't matter if they still have McCoy slinging the rock around.

• Upvote 1

This entire draft has had me curious as to H&H's intent.

We move down in the 3rd round when there was still talent at WR and we select a tackle out of Cinci that would have probably have been a UDFA. Why do we feel the need to reach on every player? I dont mind the picks, I just feel like we could have had these guys without trading up or forcing.

link

Overview

Hughes is a fifth-year senior from Cincinnati who started for two years at defensive tackle. He has the size to compete inside at the next level, but he lacks athletic ability and has been rather unproductive to this point in his career. He could get selected in a later round by a team that falls in love with him, but he is more likely to get a shot as a free agent. The pre-draft process will be of extra importance for Hughes, as he needs to prove he has the skills to match his frame.

Strengths

Hughes is a big man who until his senior year had mostly been a gap-filler in a scheme that valued him as a frontline player. He uses his hands well to stay off blocks and displays good technique. He can defeat single blocks fairly easily and plays with good instincts. It's obvious that he is diagnosing plays early after recognizing blocking schemes.

Weaknesses

Hughes has numerous issues in his play that, if not fixed early, could severely limit his pro prospects. He seems lazy at times and rarely chases plays down on the perimeter. As a run defender, he is capable of getting through blocks but often looks shell-shocked once he gets in the backfield. He needs to finish with more force; at times Hughes would be neutralized by offensive linemen because of his poor effort and pad placement.

We got our burner:

I hope he works on his hands.

Maybe a special teamer, perhaps a starter?

Ya Natas... A very weird draft for the Browns this year. Who knows, in three years maybe the Genius of Mike Holmgren and his scouts amaze us. But as it looks on paper, it looks like reach after reach.

I hope they work out for Cleveland.

If Stephen Hill falls to them, then I like the draft for the Browns. They are really adding some pieces to get their offense going. Richardson is going to be a stud and is a great guy to build the offense around. I just don't get why they would take Weeden at #22 when he would be there at #37.

Really? This is the browns man, they traded up many picks to move from 4th to 3rd to secure Richardson who the Vikings (who already have AP) were clearly not going to take. Their organization has some screws loose and that's why they will not be good until their staff makes the changes.

• Downvote 1

The Vikings weren't gonna take Richardson but they were gonna trade the pick to Tampa if we didn't get it first.

Kind of a crazy draft for the Browns.. Really had to question them with some of those picks.

However, Travis Benjamin is going to be a nice little player for them if he can become more consistent catching the football. Billy Winn was a really nice value pick, and I think Acho will be a solid contributor as well.

The more I'm seeing on Mitchell Schwartz the more I like him. Kid is a brawler, has a mean streak and is pretty damn strong.

Mitchell Schwartz and Travis Benjamin are great picks..

Really? This is the browns man, they traded up many picks to move from 4th to 3rd to secure Richardson who the Vikings (who already have AP) were clearly not going to take. Their organization has some screws loose and that's why they will not be good until their staff makes the changes.

They traded up because they knew another team like the Bucs would have traded up to #3 if they didn't.

• Upvote 2

Unofficial UDFA signings by the Browns from http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-nfl-undrafted-free-agents :

John Brantley, QB, Florida

Charles Brown, CB, UNC

Austin Johnson, LB, Tennessee

Chyl Quarles, SAF, Wake Forest

Nick Jean-Baptiste, DT, Baylor

Deonte Thompson, WR, Florida

Nick Provo, TE, Syracuse

Devin Goda, WR, Slippery Rock

Chris Anzevino, C, Kent State

Chad Diehl, FB, Clemson

Antoine McClain, OL, Clemson

Bruce Figgins, FB, UGA