Sarge

The good news thread

I'm about to start the final week of my freshman year of college (I'm a smart guy too, y'know)

just finished my last law school exam

tumblr_mt0ujcVb0k1soo02mo1_400.gif

• Downvote 1

Thanatos, you need to tell me all you know about living in Oahu

1. Don't go to any local business or shop around lunchtime. Their lunchtime breaks generally say this: "Out to lunch. Be back when we're done eating."

2. When swimming, for the love of god do not underestimate the undertow, especially around the North Shore.

3. Also around the North Shore, if there is a sign that says Portuguese Man'O'War are in the water, DO NOT go swimming. Trust me. That shit is not worth it.

4. If you have any interest in scuba diving, this is the best place to get it, IMO. One of the best places in the world with several great dive spots for all levels.

5. The locals tend to be very distrustful at first, but they quickly warm up and can become fast friends. I still have contacts over there from a decade back.

6. Everything is within a two hour drive at max.

7. Lots and lots and lots and lots of sunscreen unless you like being burned to crisp.

8. Ladies- a lot of the vacationers tend to treat a trip like they might a Vegas trip and are willing to do some stuff they might not otherwise do. *wink wink nudge nudge*

9. One of the easiest ways to make friends is to join a local soccer team. Soccer is huge over there, as is softball, volleyball, and baseball.

10. Unless you are going through or around Pearl Harbor, traffic is next to non-existent.

• Upvote 1

Can someone remind me why I chose to go back to Buffalo?

Anyone?

Please?

You want the lolBills. You need the lolBills.

Results came back for my thoat today and everything was negative.

Doc said that I had a severe infection and my WBC count was extremely high, so I'm feeling back to normal now and there's no further action required.

Also..I landed a job with a local EMS department as an EMT that isn't volunteer for the summer and some time after that, so that will be fun.

Things are looking up, winter really took a lot out of me psychologically and physically, and it's good to feel healthy and back to normal ATL...almost again :D

• Upvote 2

Yea, this past winter was pretty rough. May has still been below average temp wise so far, but it's getting better all the time. I feel a lot better now than I did a few months ago.

Congrats, Sarge! Best of luck in the job market, buddy.

• Upvote 1

So as well as being an on call first responder this summer...I've been looking for a little extra cash flow...and I applied to a security company a few weeks ago. Had the interview today and was offered the job. It's not an armed position, but I'll take being a part time guard on the side then working for min wage. My pay varies from $9-11 varying on the site, but I'm just thankful to have 2 jobs when it's hard enough to find one.

• Upvote 2

Plus working for a security company looks good on a resume when you want to become a real police officer.

• Upvote 2

And just like that, graduation.

• Upvote 2

My girlfriend's mom got the two of us free tickets to the Altoona Curve, the AA affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. The game will be on Sunday evening at 6 PM. There are fireworks after. :yay::dance:

1) Another vacation is approaching next week.

2) If the Phillies' pitching rotation holds, I'll see Cole Hamels when I go to CBP. :rock:

So the job in Pittsburgh turned out to be a flop. They pay you a salary for 3 months and then you go to straight commission. Maybe in the future I could do that after I learn about sales, but there's no way I can afford that kind of uncertainty when I'm just starting out in my career with bills to pay.

On the other hand, I have another phone interview with a company in Philly on Monday that actually explicitly advertised base salary + commission. Of course I will ask about it during the interview, but at least I already have another opportunity lined up.

Sent my resume and a cover letter out to the Bucs a few weeks ago about a possible fall internship, and they gave me a call back yesterday. Gonna talk to them on the phone more on Monday (they called me while I was at work) and hopefully set up an interview for sometime next week cause I'm going down to Florida (Sarasota, which is like a hour away for Tampa) for a week cause my parents just got a condo down there.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

I bought a car. 97 Eclipse GSX. It doesn't have a motor in it, but it is a great platform. It's also the sixth one I've owned.

I plan on doing about a 90% ground-up restoration with a big ass turbo.

• Upvote 1