DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2012 NBA Playoffs Western Conference thread

The Spurs are a team where i see everyone would be on their dick. I dont hate them but im not on them to win the West. I just dont see it. Every now and then some teams have lucky breaks in who they play. Jazz, weak. Clippers lucky. Had Spurs played Grizz i bet money on it that if Spurs DID win it woulda been in 7. Congrats for the Spurs winning. But they played two teams that couldnt keep up nor matched up well to them. I stick by Thunder or Lakers beating them out of the finals. Just like when Heat go to the finals, yeah Pacers played em tough but nobody is really matched up to be a West team BESIDES MIAMI. And thats on a good stretch of play from them. IMO Thunder winning it this yr. I had a Thunder-Miami finals and Thunder in 6. Ibaka can shut down Bosh and Durant can score up with LBJ. Westbrook with Wade. Plus they have Fisher whos clutch as fuck in the finals. Not to mention Harden off the bench.

Deja Vu all over again.

Okay, you have proven your stance. You don't like the San Antonio Spurs. Please stop rearranging your sentences to alter your points on how you don't think the Spurs will win the West.

I'm not crossing the Spurs off that easily..They might not win the WC but they are serious opponents for whoever wins the other matchup..

Deja Vu all over again.

Okay, you have proven your stance. You don't like the San Antonio Spurs. Please stop rearranging your sentences to alter your points on how you don't think the Spurs will win the West.

No i didnt say i didnt like them. I dont mind them, but with the Lakers or Thunder being better teams ( yes Spurs won most games but Chicago didnt have that feel to go all the way either, BEFORE ROSE even got hurt. ) I wouldnt see them winning either series. Doesnt mean i dont like em, i dont like their chances lets say that.

Guest Phailadelphia

RUSSELL WESTBROOK SAYS I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!

RUSSELL WESTBROOK SAYS I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!

When a team gets good luck LIKE THAT in alot of their games, i call it fate lol. Durants GW lucky shot and this. Yeah they are so going to the finals.

Guest Phailadelphia

Yup, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Every championship team ever always has a degree of luck in many of their key wins. That magic has to continue to beat SAS without homecourt.

Bryant's 42 ain't helping..The Thunder is just too strong..

OK Let's get the predictions underway for the West Final.

I'll go with Spurs in 7.

Guest Phailadelphia

OKC in 6 because I'm a homer. Wouldn't surprise me if OKC lost though. I really don't know how to predict this series. Both teams seem invincible.

OKC in 6 because I'm a homer. Wouldn't surprise me if OKC lost though. I really don't know how to predict this series. Both teams seem invincible.

:yep: OKC has the youth and speed, SA has the experience and wins by slowing the pace down. Your post is why I said Spurs in 7. This could very well top the 2002 West final.

Edited by BigBen07

I told yall not to ignore the Spurs. they were down by what? almost 10 towards the end of the third. Then they go on an 18-3 run and take control of this game. Not only are they extremely talented but Pop is a mastermind of a coach. They've finally exploited the glaring weakness that OKC has inside which not even LA could do. They D up KD and Westbrook forcing them to make outside shots.

KD will kill you but as long as you don't give Harden his open looks and don't let Westbrook drive it in, your in there.

I know the games over but for what its worth I have the Spurs in 5, probably 6 tho.

The Thunder will take control of the series at home and should win at least one on the road. Tonight would have been a win if Durant and Westbrook had not each botched a dunk.

• Downvote 1

Such a great game and don't even try the bullshit excuse that the Thunder lost because of 2 botched dunks. They lost because the Spurs wore them down, Manu took control of the game in the 4th, and they forced the Thunder to take terrible shots. This will be a great series and I see it going to game 7 easily.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Such a great game and don't even try the bullshit excuse that the Thunder lost because of 2 botched dunks. They lost, because the Spurs wore them down and Manu took control of the game in the 4th. This will be a great series and I see it going to game 7 easily.

It's not a bullshit excuse, you moron. They shot like shit, allowed a lot of inside work like Killa mentioned, allowed Ginobili to go apeshit, and STILL only lost by three. You can talk the Spurs up all you want, but it was a neck and neck game the entire way and something as small as two botched dunks were the difference between a win and a loss on the road. If they had lost by more, then yeah, that would be a retarded thing to bring up. The reason I did bring it up, though, is to prove that the Thunder were as much to blame for the loss as the Spurs were for winning. That's hardly making an "excuse".

• Downvote 1

It's not a bullshit excuse, you moron. They shot like shit, allowed a lot of inside work like Killa mentioned, allowed Ginobili to go apeshit, and STILL only lost by three. You can talk the Spurs up all you want, but it was a neck and neck game the entire way and something as small as two botched dunks were the difference between a win and a loss on the road. If they had lost by more, then yeah, that would be a retarded thing to bring up. The reason I did bring it up, though, is to prove that the Thunder were as much to blame for the loss as the Spurs were for winning. That's hardly making an "excuse".

The Thunder just shot like shit? It couldn't have been Stephen Jackson along with the Spurs' perimeter defenders forcing tough contested shots? Nah that cant be it. The Spurs played poorly as well. The leader of the Spurs all season long played horribly until the end. They were horrible from the free throw line until the 4th. They were down by 9 going into the 4th, but they buckled down and attacked to take the game. Give the Spurs credit. It was a very tough game and both teams played well hence it being so close. Let's say the Thunder made those 2 dunks, do you think the final minute or even 2 minutes would have been the same? No it would have been completely different so trying to blame it on 2 botched dunks in the 3rd quarter is absurd.

Also, please point out to me where I'm talking up the Spurs. Everything I said, you basically agreed upon. I also said the series is going to game 7. Yea, that's talking them up.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I will tell you why the Spurs won.

The final tie was at 73, I believe, before the Spurs took the lead for good. Guess who wasted three straight possessions with bad shots up until the tie at 73? Russell Westbrook. Then when they're down 91-84, who takes a pathetic drive into an obvious charge call? Russell Westbrook. Who said the Thunder would lose this series if Russell Westbrook shot more than 20 times a game? I did. How many shots did Westbrook take? 21. Westbrook is a great player, but he cannot shoot more than Kevin Durant. Durant is the better player. He needs to be deferred to.

On a side note, two things really put the nail in the coffin. The officiating was all Spurs from 6 minutes in the fourth and on. Joey Crawford was AWFUL, especially on the foul call on Sefalosha that put Manu at the line for the Spurs to go up 10. There was minor contact to his non-shooting hand and it did not warrant a foul. The plucked chicken made a horrible call in a crucial moment yet again.

Right before Stephen Jackson's three pointer that put the Spurs up 91-84, Jackson was angry about a foul call on the other end. How do you not guard a savvy veteran after that moment? He was obviously going to shoot if he was open.

Finally, Perkins had no help if he had to stop Parker or Manu from getting to the rim in the fourth quarter. Brooks did not put Ibaka back into the game. If Duncan was able to roll off of Perkins, it was an easy two points. Not putting Ibaka back in this game was the worst coaching decision I've ever seen Scott Brooks make.

Quite honestly, the Thunder lost this game with poor decision making in coaching and on both ends of the court.

The Spurs won it by being smarter on the court and on the bench. We found out tonight how much difference a truly elite coach can make.

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

im too drunk to offer any analysis of the gam ebut can we please get 7 games of whatever that was tonight

Edited by Phailadelphia

I say Thunder in 7 though Spurs winning the series wouldn't be so surprising..

Honestly, it's about time the Thunder's luck ran out as far as winning close games are concerned.

Guest Phailadelphia

OKC has been closing close games all year. That's not luck.

They lost the game last night by leaving Perkins in all 4th quarter. He's too flat-footed to stop the P&R with Duncan and Manu. He's also not an offensive threat, leaving Duncan hedging hard on screens and carrying KD to the basket. If they put Ibaka in, Duncan has to cover him because he can kill them with the pick and pop. He'll also be a better asset on the defensive end with his shot blocking at the rim, where SAS got a lot of their 4th quarter points.

I expect adjustments to be made. OKC at least proved they can hang and even beat the Spurs. They can win this series if they take game 2.

Edit: And I didn't like Harden's energy last night. Way too much standing around. Lackadaisical defense. Bad shots on offense. His effort was not matching that of his teammates, especially KD and Westbrook. You could see those guys giving 110% effort.

Edited by Phailadelphia

I will tell you why the Spurs won.

The final tie was at 73, I believe, before the Spurs took the lead for good. Guess who wasted three straight possessions with bad shots up until the tie at 73? Russell Westbrook. Then when they're down 91-84, who takes a pathetic drive into an obvious charge call? Russell Westbrook. Who said the Thunder would lose this series if Russell Westbrook shot more than 20 times a game? I did. How many shots did Westbrook take? 21. Westbrook is a great player, but he cannot shoot more than Kevin Durant. Durant is the better player. He needs to be deferred to.

That is what holds em back from being a top 5 PG for me. He forces it too much, he needs to play liek the #2 bcuz hes not a #1. Hes a beast but he isnt that guy. Durant is. Durants been hitting GWs let him do the closing at the end. Not to mention hes a tougher player to gaurd then Westbrook. Thunder needa step it up and beat the Spurs.

Spurs= Barcelona FC ....

and to the people who want to point fingers at Westbrook, Kevin Durant and James Harden deserve just as much of the blame as Westbrook for this teams collapse in the 4th.