DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2012 NBA Playoffs Western Conference thread

CZeGd.png

And that right there is why Andrew Bynum is a team cancer. He thinks it's all about him. If I was coaching the Lakers, he'd stay in that spot on the bench until he showed some respect for the coaching staff.

Considering that it's well documented that he's a douche off the court as well, none of his absurd behavior surprises me.

I don't think it can be denied that the two Superstars in this series, Paul and Griffin, have been babied. Babying Paul sealed game one with two free throws he didn't deserve. Not to mention the atrocious amount of technicals that could be called on him and Griffin but aren't. They're given too much leniency and are babied. There's no denying that.

I'm denying it. Those free throws that you keep saying Paul "didn't earn" were the result of a stupid, stupid FOUL. It was a foul, and there was no reason to make that contact there. You can't blame the refs for calling fouls that happen right in front of them.

As for Blake, he gets mauled constantly. He probably was the victim of more flagrants than anyone in the NBA this season. He's got a target on his back, he's constantly bumped and prodded, and plays through it. It's to understand him getting frustrated. He's getting the Dwight treatment from most of his opponents.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but most players initiate 90% of the contact that is given to them. Paul Pierce is probably the biggest initiator of contact in the NBA, he just does it on jump shots. Kobe, Wade, Melo, James, Dirk, and the list goes on and on of guys who pump fake, throw a shoulder into a defender who leaves his feet, get a foul, then set and shoot the ball after the contact—which usually comes before they even consider jumping—and get an and one, and everyone praises them for their basketball savvy.

Once the defender leaves the ground, the burden is on him to make a clean block. If he goes up and contact is made in the air, it's a defensive foul, elbow out or not. Patrick Ewing was notorious for driving through the lane with his knee out, but if a guy jumped into it, it was a defensive foul. If a guy stood there and took the charge, they were getting bowled over. No one wants to take a charge from Blake either, so they can either block it, and yeah right on that, or foul him.

• Upvote 1

And that right there is why Andrew Bynum is a team cancer. He thinks it's all about him. If I was coaching the Lakers, he'd stay in that spot on the bench until he showed some respect for the coaching staff.

Considering that it's well documented that he's a douche off the court as well, none of his absurd behavior surprises me.

He's got a lot of maturity issues.

It seems like a huge problem among a lot of younger big men in the NBA, actually. lol.

He's got a lot of maturity issues.

It seems like a huge problem among a lot of younger big men in the NBA, actually. lol.

Have you heard some of the off-the-court shit about Bynum? Apparently the dude parks in handicapped spots, knowingly, and just pays the fine. What a fucker. Somebody's going to beat this boy's ass one day, and I hope I get to see it.

Is it weird that I don't feel worried at all about tomorrow's Game 7?

I think I'm all out of respect for the Clippers after tonight. All they did is whine and moan all game; they forgot that there was a winnable basketball game going on that would have vaulted them to the next round. Instead, they get to go back to Memphis and potentially get crushed. I hope it happens. Griffin and Paul were particularly obnoxious tonight. It was like Dwyane Wade was in a Clippers uniform and his ugly giant cousin wearing #32 had his same bitching gene.

lolBware.

You had respect for the Clippers before this game? Seemed like all you do is complain about Griffin always bitching or getting calls.

• Upvote 1

lolBware.

You had respect for the Clippers before this game? Seemed like all you do is complain about Griffin always bitching or getting calls.

Do I not have a point about tonight's game?

I think I'm all out of respect for the Clippers after tonight. All they did is whine and moan all game; they forgot that there was a winnable basketball game going on that would have vaulted them to the next round. Instead, they get to go back to Memphis and potentially get crushed. I hope it happens. Griffin and Paul were particularly obnoxious tonight. It was like Dwyane Wade was in a Clippers uniform and his ugly giant cousin wearing #32 had his same bitching gene.

lol...All YOU do is whine and moan about the refs and how Stern wants the Clippers to move on.

• Upvote 1

It's not..Kobe will do what he usually does and the others will be there to help him..

Yes. What have you seen in the past two games that has given you reason to not be concerned? Is it just the fact that it's a game 7 and the pressure is going to be ramped up?

The Denver Nuggets never ever stop running... Once that ball touches a Nugget, they just keep turning their legs...

The Lakers have to control the tempo.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

The better team wins every series unless Joey Crawford decides to eject Duncan for laughing again :D.

Oh God...I don't want to see so much of Joey Crawford again. If there's a worse official in professional sports, I'd like you to name him.

medium_Donaghey.jpg

Tim Donaghy...

By the way, Blake Griffin creates 90% of the contact he takes because he jumps into people. That's why he doesn't get EVERY SINGLE call like he wants, and he shouldn't. He's still babied by touch fouls when he finds himself trapped under the hoop, and that elbow to the face thing needs to be called. He gets away with it on just about every dunk.

There is no denying that Blake Griffin is the NBA's darling. I don't recall Amar'e Stoudemire glaring at officials after every dunk in his prime. I don't recall Amar'e Stoudemire throwing hissy fits every time he gets called for a foul, either.

When you compare him to other freakish athletes, he's babied.

Duncan-whining.jpg

2434212258_e0cdd9f48c_o.jpg

nba_g_duncan_sy_576.jpg

2zyijgo.png

Gotta give it to Denver, they gave us so much to handle and they did a hell of a job to come back and take the lead at one point. I also felt like we would pull it out though and luckily we did. Gasol had a BEAST game, exactly what we needed.

The Lakers are taking a parallel to my Devils in hockey right now in their playoff run. Devils played a Florida team everyone thought they should beat fairly easily yet it took seven, just like the Lakers and the Nuggets.

Devils moved on to take on the Flyers, who of a lot of people felt would win fairly easily, like it seems a lot of people are saying about this Lakers/Thunder series...

Edited by JetsFan4Life

I wish the better team had won the Mem/LAC series, but oh well. At least now I get to watch the Spurs slaughter the Clippers.

The better team did win the LAC/Mem series.

No excuse for Memphis letting it get to 7 games and then losing game 7 at home.

Not to mention, Blake Griffin was getting beat up today, and the refs weren't calling blatantly obvious fouls on him. Now, I haven't seen much of the rest of the series, but if this was the type of officiating you've been whining about the whole time, if anything, it was biased the other way.

Memphis got beat by the better team.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

Lakers/Thunder starts tomorrow. GOT DAMN I AM EXCITED

• Upvote 1

BWare, you are biased as fuck if you think the refs had no reason to "whine" to the officials. Randolph practically took off Griffin's head twenty different times throughout the series. And after what happened in game six, they have every right to complain. Doesn't matter, the better team won.

Wow. Seeing BOTH LA teams in the 2nd round is so odd. I was used to seeing the Clippers struggle for years.

Congrats to the Clippers for beating the Grizzles. Now comes a VERY hard test vs. the Spurs. I'll say San Antonio in 6 as I feel LA will give them a bit of trouble.

Guest Phailadelphia

For round 2 I have:

Spurs in 5

Thunder in 5

Heat in 5

Celtics in 6

BWare, you are biased as fuck if you think the refs had no reason to "whine" to the officials. Randolph practically took off Griffin's head twenty different times throughout the series. And after what happened in game six, they have every right to complain. Doesn't matter, the better team won.

Nothing in the Grizz's favor happened in game 6. What the fuck are you talking about? Are you sure it isn't you who's biased? Jesus, do your eyes even work?

• Downvote 1

It's Spurs in 5 and Thunder in 5..

OKC in 6

SAS in 5

Edited by KiLaSix9

Nothing in the Grizz's favor happened in game 6. What the fuck are you talking about? Are you sure it isn't you who's biased? Jesus, do your eyes even work?

Nope nothing at all....

Anyway Lakers/Thunder tonight. Let's go Lakers!!!!

Edited by JetsFan4Life
  • Upvote 1