Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

What city most deserves and NFL franchise

Nevada can't

You should preface that with 'in my opinion'. There is nothing barring Las Vegas from getting a sports team. I think the biggest problem would be the population of that city being interested in a pro team. The Gladiators (Arena Football) moved from Las Vegas to Cleveland. I dont think they cared.

Edited by NaTaS

I'm also going to add Toronto to this list. Fuck them taking the Bills. They should get their own franchise. We could then name the championship World Bowl or something.

The CFL's Toronto Argonauts will likely oppose any attempt by the NFL to put a team there.

You should preface that with 'in my opinion'. There is nothing barring Las Vegas from getting a sports team. I think the biggest problem would be the population of that city being interested in a pro team. The Gladiators (Arena Football) moved from Las Vegas to Cleveland. I dont think they cared.

I don't think anyone cares about arena football. To say the NFL and Arena league are apples and oranges is an insult to apples... or oranges... pr whichever one is FAR better than the other one.

We can argue over semantics if you'd like, but in this case, there's nothing to argue IMO.

Nevada can't and won't get a pro sports team, especially L.V., which is the only city in Nevada that could support one. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but Nevada is the only state in the USA with legalized sports gambling, and it's on nearly every corner.

The NFL is never going to get in bed with the biggest black eye on pro sports. A Vegas team would be mired in controversy from conception. Every questionable call, every blown assignment, everything that even looks a little sketchy would be immediately scrutinized as the fix being in. What's worse is that in some cases, the scrutiny would be warranted.

There are already examples of shady practices in the NFL. Once every couple of weeks there is a call or a play that people get up in arms about and start hollering conspiracy over. From Neil O'Donnel in the Super Bowl, to Vinny Testaverdi laying a yard short of the goal line on the front page of the NY Times, to Tom Brady and the tuck rule, etc... Imagine if any one of those teams was playing in Vegas, the city of sin.

Plus, prostitution is legal there. I'm Goodell doesn't want his employees running around banging whores in a city where there is literally no last call. It's a cool thought, but it's not happening.

Prositituion isn't legal in Vegas, just the rest of the state of Nevada. :yep:

Maybe because it's Arena Football? :biggrin:

OKC isn't big enough to support an NFL team.

I'd probably say Los Angeles.

LA?

California has 3 NFL teams. They can fucking pick one..

California or Florida getting another NFL team would be the dumbest shit. Give one to a state that doesn't have one.

• Upvote 2

Well, the threat title says which city deserves a team. I don't think LA deserves one. They've already had one and couldn't support it. They've had their chance.

I'll throw a name out there that no one has mentioned yet.

San Antonio.

Prositituion isn't legal in Vegas, just the rest of the state of Nevada. :yep:

Huh. Good call. I spent nine weeks in Nevada last year, and then a week in Vegas at the end, and no I didn't buy any whores. :D Good call. How did I not know that?

Well, the threat title says which city deserves a team. I don't think LA deserves one. They've already had one and couldn't support it. They've had their chance.

San Antonio.

I gotta disagree with you on this one. Top ten in population, I believe, but the 31st biggest market. Between Dallas and Houston soaking up all the Texas football fanatics, I don't see San Antonio as a good fit.

I don't think anyone cares about arena football. To say the NFL and Arena league are apples and oranges is an insult to apples... or oranges... pr whichever one is FAR better than the other one.

We can argue over semantics if you'd like, but in this case, there's nothing to argue IMO.

It shows correlation. I know the Gladiators get enough fans to stay profitable now that they're in Cleveland. I just dont know if the average Las Vegas person is interested in a pro team, I can only go off of other sports teams that failed to make it there.

There is nothing legally preventing them from having a franchise and that was my only point - you said they cant have a team. I'm saying they can. I just dont think they'd attract a ton of interest. Regarding using the word "cant" in this manner isnt arguing semantics, it's a false statement and I was just mentioning it.

No worries though, I still <3 you. I just wanted to make sure everyone was clear that there is no law or injunction barring LV from pro team.

San Antonio.

LA has had two teams - The Rams and the Raiders and didnt support either.

North Dakota would come from all over for 8 Sundays a year, enough to support a legitimate NFL team. I don't think baseball or basketball or hockey would make it, but the NFL would. Mostly Vikings fans, yes, mostly NDSU Bison fans, yes, but this state is batshit crazy over stuff like this. They would come out.

First of all, let's set the record straight about Los Angeles. The Raiders never belonged to the city and rightfully went back to Oaktown. Second, the Rams were supported by the city. It's just that the owner Georgia Frontiere, a former showgirl who may or may not have killed her husband who owned the team, took the money and ran to that most unfootball of cities, St. Louis. The Rams should really move back to L.A. and may just do that since the team gets little love in St. Louie.

As for the other cities mentioned, none of them really fit into the NFL's plans. Vegas has gambling and the league doesn't want to be there. Portland is too small to support building a new stadium. Toronto is the domain of the CFL. And OKC, well that city already stole a legendary franchise from another city so it doesn't deserve a NFL team. Plus it's too small and on Jerry Jones' turf.

Mexico City will get a team before Portland, Vegas, or OKC.

No way would the league put a team in Las Vegas. The only team I see moving is the Rams and that would likely be to LA.

Now for who really deserves a team, I think Alabama does. They really support the college football teams there.

No way would the league put a team in Las Vegas. The only team I see moving is the Rams and that would likely be to LA.

Now for who really deserves a team, I think Alabama does. They really support the college football teams there.

The problem with Bama is they only support their college teams. Alabama and Auburn football pretty much rule this state.

We had our chance with the USFL and XFL and countless AFL or AFL2 teams. None have lasted.

Plus you would pull away from the Titans,Falcons and Saints fanbases. I don't think Alabama would be a good place for a NFL team.

Houston was the same way with cowboy fans, that said though now that they have the texans they converted easily. Something about the home town thing.

Sup Y'all

Just signed on. Usually I just read a crapload of post to get a feel for a new board before posting........But I couldnt let this pass. Houstonians HATE all things Dallas or Dullass as I like to call it.

Most of us either kept watching with no real loyalty to any one team or became Titans fans.

I was a no loyalty fan myself. Once you leave you're dead to me. LOL

And I have to go with San Antonio. They would bail on the Cowboys in a heartbeat if given a team of their own. Hell a bunch of San Antonians are Texans fans already.

Sup Y'all

Just signed on. Usually I just read a crapload of post to get a feel for a new board before posting........But I couldnt let this pass.

Good to have another Texans fan to keep FartWaffles company. Hope you stick around!