Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Aight I will look into it again and see how it goes.

Also what I thought was the end of legends of tomorrow was actually the 3rd to last episode. Looking forward to seeing the last two this weekend.

Tyler Hoechlin will be playing Superman in the CW's Supergirl. Massive photo resembling Clark incoming.

Tyler_Hoechlin_SDCC_2014_(cropped).jpg

Edited by Favre4Ever

I posted this in the movie thread... Didn't think about the Power Rangers stuff here, ha.

Ultimate Edition of BvS was enjoyable overall, IMO. Critics are praising it as much better than theatrical cut overall as well.

Daredevil season 3 has been announced, and should arrive very near Jessica Jones season 2. Marvel is fucking NAILING it.

Ghost Rider has been confirmed for..... Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. He would have been better served on Netflix tho......

Fuck, I suppose I should hold off judgment until I see it in action, but this feels like a jumping the shark moment for Agents, I just don't see how they can bring Ghost Rider in without completely changing the show

FX Networks has ordered the pilot for Legion, the story of a troubled young man who may be more than human, it was announced today by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions.

The pilot introduces the story of David Haller: Since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

Noah Hawley (Fargo, Bones) will write the pilot and serve as an Executive Producer along with Lauren Shuler Donner (X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Wolverine), Bryan Singer (X-Men: Days of Future Past, Superman Returns), Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Martain), Jeph Loeb (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel’s Daredevil), Jim Chory (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel’s Daredevil) and John Cameron (Fargo, The Big Lebowski).

The pilot for Legion will be produced by FX Productions and Marvel Television, with FXP handling the physical production.

Legion is just the sort of ambitious story that Noah excels at,” Grad said. “His adaption of Fargo for television was one of the most acclaimed television events in recent memory. It’s also an honor to partner with Marvel on Legion and to enlist such an accomplished team of Executive Producers to create this pilot.”

Legion is the latest project from Hawley and Cameron, two of the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Golden Globe® -winning FX limited series Fargo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SZ3rMMYBLY

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/23/brie-larson-captain-marvel

Brie Larson officially announced as Captain Marvel

brie-comic.jpg

Room Oscar-winner Brie Larson is taking the lead as Captain Marvel, marking the first time a woman will play the title character in a Marvel Studios movie.

After months of rumors, the actress, also known for her roles in Short Term 12, 21 Jump Street, and (going further back) the teen comedy Sleepover, was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con as the star of the March 2019 film.

Larson took the stage during the Marvels Hall H panel, joining Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige as well as the casts of Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2, and Spider-Man: Homecoming for a Marvel family portrait.

She later tweeted a photo of herself wearing a Marvel Studios cap to celebrate the announcement. Call me Captain Marvel, she wrote.

Captain Marvel has had many iterations in the comics, but when Feige announced the project in October of 2014, he confirmed immediately that this version of Captain Marvel would be a woman.

Let me clarify, Feige said. Captain Marvel has gone by many names in the comics, has had many people whove inhabited that costume and used that power base. I want to make it very clear: This heros name is Carol Danvers.

Danvers was created in 1968, appearing in Marvel Super-Heroes #13 a Captain Marvel story as an American security officer working alongside Captain Mar-Vell, an alien sent to study the planet Earth. She debuted as the super-powered character Ms. Marvel in the pages of Marvel Comics after her human DNA was fused with genes from the alien race known as the Kree. She went on to inherit the title of Captain Marvel in 2012.

Feige previously said this cinematic version of the character will straddle two worlds. Her origins are very much Earthbound, but her adventures and power base come from the cosmic realm.

The character almost appeared in a cameo at the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron, except they didnt have an actress cast in the role.

Now, if Marvel follows its previous game plans, we can look forward to her turning up onscreen in a cameo before her own movie debuts.

:megusta:

They announced who Peter Quill's father is, and it is...

Ego the Living Planet, to be portrayed by Kurt Russell

Just got back from watching The Killing Joke.

They do a 30 minute intro to build up Barbara Gordon before they tear her down. I understand they did it for people who are going into it without reading the graphic novel, but it just felt like most of it was unnecessary.

Other than that, it was an amazing adaptation.

Avengers: Infinity Wars Part 1, Part 2 get new titles from Marvel, Disney | EW.com

It’s official: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2 will have new titles.
Disney announced Friday evening that spring 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 will now simply be called Avengers: Infinity War, without a secondary part title. Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 is now currently Untitled Avengers, but will have a different title.
Joe and Anthony Russo said before Captain America: Civil War was released in May that the move would be coming. “The intention is we will change it, we just haven’t come up with the titles yet,” Joe Russo told Uproxx. “But, yes, we will change it.”
“The movies are two very different movies,” he added.
The Russos directed Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War, and were hired to direct the two Infinity War projects last year, written by Captain America collaborators Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Avengers: Infinity War is scheduled for May 4, 2018, while Untitled Avengers will open May 3, 2019.

Interesting change, but I like it, one of the best parts of the MCU to me has been that each movie stands very well on its own while still fitting in with the larger narrative (well, eventually Guardians will fit into the larger narrative) so I'm really glad to see they're going to stick with that

Well, it looks like we've got another shitstorm on our hands with Suicide Squad. Still early, but 38% on rotten tomatoes.

Just got back from Suicide Squad, I enjoyed it but certainly not a masterpiece. Loved Leto's Joker, he stole the show. DC still needs to chill on the dark visuals all the time, I'm not sure the sun exists in this universe lol.

I just got back from SS and thought it was a train wreck. I haven't looked at any reviews up to this point and I didn't see really any kind of reception on it other than reading Blots' post above.

The film, IMO, was better in it's individual parts than it was as a whole. I thought Will Smith as Deadshot was OK. Margot Robbie as Harley was excellent. Viola Davis was a good Amanda Waller. Katana was solid. Diablo was somewhat tolerable. Captain Boomerang was shit. Killer Croc was pretty atrocious. Did not like the guy who played Griggs.

And Jared Leto's Joker was indeed a joke. It seemed like Jared Leto was doing a Jim Carey playing the Joker while doing a Scarface impression kinda thing. Disgusting.

The movies plot was ass gravy... It didn't flow very well at all. You went right from introductions of the team to.. oh the Enchantress is the big bad, let's start our mission and save the world. Build up and suspense does not exist in the DC Universe, apparently.

And they were trying to get a little deep on us with Diablo's backstory... The stuff with Deadshots daughter... or the Griggs / June love story... But none of it really works or matters because character and plot development also don't exist in this universe.

And Milla is right... the saturation / brightness on these movies is so bad. Somebody buy DC some fucking lights, please.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I agree with JD on everything but the Joker. I loved Leto's performance, I honestly thought it was a pretty well done modernized version of an iconic character. However, it felt like he maybe had like 10-15 minutes of screen time at most and the Joker had NOTHING to do with the film's plot at all. He was completely side story filler that ended up being unnecessary.

EDIT: Also, did anyone else notice that Margot Robbie was inconsistent with her accent? I mean she played the character well for the most part but her Brooklyn style accent was on and off throughout the film.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

And ya, I did notice that... I wasn't sure if they were trying like a multiple personality thing with her? Like.. in those moments she was more channeling the good Dr moreso than full blown Harley Quinn or if that was just a huge oversight. Ha

My best guess is she probably didn't think to do an accent on some reshoots or whatever.

http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-puts-man-of-steel-sequel-into-active-development-exclusive/

Henry Cavill‘s Superman will fly solo again in a sequel to “Man of Steel” going into active development at Warner Bros., a person familiar with the project told TheWrap.

Released in 2013, produced by Christopher Nolan and directed by Zack Snyder, “Man Of Steel” earned $668 million at the global box office and launched the ambitious DC Cinematic Universe. This summer’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” which picked up where that film left off, has pulled in $872 million.

Despite Superman’s battle with Batman, DC has been silent on a sequel to “Man of Steel” featuring Superman solo, leading many frustrated fanboys to believe that another film wasn’t going to happen. But a person close to the project told

TheWrap that Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount importance.

Warner Bros. did not immediately return a call for comment Monday.

Back in October 2014, while speaking at Time Warner Investor Day, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara announced a slate of nine films with members of DC Comics the “Justice League” including The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg. “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” set the stage for the new films.

“Suicide Squad,” which opened over the weekend and features a cavalcade of DC villains — and brief appearances by Ben Affleck‘s Batman — pulled in a record $135 million.

Cavill, who played Superman in “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice,” will next be seen in 2017’s “Justice League.”

The “Man of Steel” sequel is a long way from getting a release date. ‘”Wonder Woman” is slated for June 2, 2017, followed by “Justice League” on Nov. 17, 2017. “Aquaman” is currently slated for July 27, 2018. A standalone “Batman” film does not yet have a date, but will likely come before the Superman sequel, the person familiar with the project said.

Warner Bros. has two untitled DC films to be released on Oct. 5, 2018 and Nov. 1, 2019, but hasn’t said what they will be.

What we should've gotten instead of BvS.

The only excitement I got out of that trailer was sugar bates. (The old guy who talked to Cage in the early part of the trailer.) There's so much better Netflix Marvel shows coming out AFTER that it's hard to get excited about Luke Cage, sorry... Remember, we're getting Defenders (next year), Daredevil season 3 (probably a surprise in late next year), AND THE FUCKING PUNISHER (weirdly, TBD).