Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Supergirl is really good, anyone not watching it should get on that

also, Gotham is back and starting the second half of the season strong

Gotham was amazing. Nygma = Top Tier.

Also, the Suicide Squad sequel is in the works.

Think I'll start watching Arrow now that I'm done with Jessica Jones.

https://twitter.com/DanielNMiller/status/705447422667849729

Iger refers to Disney CEO Bob Iger (I wouldn't have known without seeing it in an article so I figured I'd spare anyone else from looking it up)

While not at all surprising, this is good to see, there's a place for R Rated Superhero movies, but the current MCU isn't it.

Edited by oochymp

Slowly catching up to the Flash... are we gonna be doing time travel every season? At least this one was contained to one episode...

What exactly does Marvel have that could even be a legit R without it coming off incredibly forced?

What exactly does Marvel have that could even be a legit R without it coming off incredibly forced?

Just look at their netflix universe and you'll see....

Marvel could probably make a bomb rated R Punisher movie, but it's better off on Netflix.

But people need to get over the R rating stuff with Deadpool as if that is the reason it was successful. It was successful because the people who made where true to the source material, which required an R rating. People aren't going to get more excited to see an R rated Iron Man film just for the hell of it.

• Upvote 1

Reports are out that Sony is planning on a Venom solo movie that isn't connected to the MCU. While I'd love a Venom movie, I see no reason to not tie it into a bigger franchise.

All about the money @Milla, that deal between Sony & Marvel was not for everything in the Spidey world. Plus that puts creative restraints on you.

Also R ratings don't always mean a bunch of cursing, sex scenes, and etc. The rules are super vague and gray so it could be too much blood, really violent action, or whatever. It could be one scene or five. So I think there are plenty of movies that can be R-rated just depends on why it's rated R.

Edited by butta54

IDK if I could stomach an R-rated Punisher movie... Probably would be hella gorry...

you do realize that an R-rated Punisher movie has already happened (twice) right?

and butta does raise a good point, in fact, as I said earlier, I'm fully expecting the R-rated version of BvS that they announced for the dvd release to be mostly, if not entirely, due to violence

Sylvester Stallone has been seen on the set of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 supposedly. Some people are suggesting he could be playing Star Lord's dad rather than Kurt Russell but it's more than likely just a cameo.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-adds-jk-simmons-873227

Oscar winner J.K. Simmons has been cast as the Gotham City police commissioner.

Justice League, which will be directed by Zack Snyder, sees heroes Batman (Ben Affleck), Superman (Henry Cavill), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), The Flash (Ezra Miller) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher) teaming up to combat a threat beyond each member's capabilities.

Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay for Justice League, which will be released in two parts by Warner Bros. It's produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder.

Justice League: Part One will start shooting in mid-April. It's slated for release on Nov 17, 2017 while Part Two will hit theaters on June 14, 2019. Warner Bros.' next DC film will be Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which hits theaters on March 25.

The DC Comics character Commissioner James Gordon has been played by a slew of actors over the years, including Lyle Talbot in the 1949 series Batman and Robin, Neil Hamilton in the TV series Batman in the 1960s, Pat Hingle in the Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher Batman movie franchise, and most recently, by Gary Oldman in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight films. The character is an integral part of the Batman literary mythos and is the lead character in Gotham, Fox's take on Gordon's early days, where he is played by Ben McKenzie.

Simmons is already a familiar face in the superhero world as he played publisher J. Jonah Jameson in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies.

Simmons has been very busy since winning the best supporting actor Oscar for Whiplash in 2015. He’s reteaming with Damien Chazelle for his musical La La Land, and he voices a character in this past weekend’s big hit animated film Zootopia. He recently joined Mark Wahlberg in the Boston bombing film Patriots’ Day, and he’ll be seen in The Meddler with Susan Sarandon and Rose Byrne, which is due out in April. His other projects in post including The Accountant with Ben Affleck, Bastards with Owen Wilson and Ed Helms and The Snowman with Michael Fassbender. He’s repped by Gersh.

• Upvote 1

#DividedWeFall #TeamIronMan THE SECOND TRAILER DROPS TODAY!! :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Jesus christ this civil war hype is almost as long and drawn out as the american electoral process...

Jesus christ this civil war hype is almost as long and drawn out as the american electoral process...

If you mean Batman vs Superman hype, then yeah I agree.

SPIDEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Edited by Sparty

in case anyone doesn't want to watch it

this seems to put Spidey on Team Iron Man, wasn't expecting that to be revealed prior to the movie, perhaps a false flag?

• Upvote 1

Great trailer.

Scarlett Witch punking Vision. :no:

• Upvote 1

I expect Spidey to switch sides during the movie, as he did in the comics.

• Upvote 1