Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

The same talking heads that told Butta BVS was the best movie in the world and that Fantatstic Four was gonna make big bank.

.....Oh wait those were just his delusions, nevermind. :smug:

Funny no one said either of those things.

Stick to edging while watching Daredevil

---------

Suicide Squad's new trailer pretty much confirms what the legit sources said and kills the initial rumors. Which is a win for everyone. Also Spider-Man's new title is weird to me, didn't like it when the rumors started. But guess we'll see what angle they take on it.

Edited by butta54

P7Scs91.png

fire

Benedict Sexypatch gonna make a Cumberbitch out of Vin yet. :yep:

Nygma is so amazing. YES!

and Penguin's back, Gotham is getting awesome

The creative team of the Deadpool movie is supposedly hoping to do a crossover with Spider-Man. This needs to happen.

The creative team of the Deadpool movie is supposedly hoping to do a crossover with Spider-Man. This needs to happen.

I have no idea how that would work out at this point with Spidey's movie rights now shared between Sony and Marvel and Deadpool's very much with Fox, not sure what it would take to spread the character further

They said that they have a good relationship with Kevin Feige, but it ultimately comes down to Sony. I could see all the sides agreeing to do this crossover. But until otherwise I'll assume it won't happen.

Also, Michael Keaton is in talks to play the villain of Spider-Man Homecoming. Rumor is the character he'd be playing is Vulture.

Would be nice to see him back in comic book movies. :yep:

Finally finished Season 2 of Daredevil. :megusta:

What are your thoughts? Other than your emoji... lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What are your thoughts? Other than your emoji... lol

I really liked it. I thought Jon Bernthal perfectly portrayed Frank Castle and stole the show IMO. It was also cool to see Fisk still in the story. I was assuming he wouldn't be in this Season.

FOX has a bad relationship with Disney, would be hard seeing that happen

Damn...Dr. Strange looks fucking incredible!

IMO, the best superhero movie bar has been set by CA: Winter Soldier. It looks like Civil War may set the new bar, but Dr. Strange could come in and lay waste to them all :yep:

What's up with CW airing one episode of Arrow ND Flash once every 50 years now??

Amen. What is going on. It's really starting to tick me off! Lol

Damn...Dr. Strange looks fucking incredible!

IMO, the best superhero movie bar has been set by CA: Winter Soldier. It looks like Civil War may set the new bar, but Dr. Strange could come in and lay waste to them all :yep:

Ya, my hopes and expectations rise by the day. I hope they aren't unattainable by the time the movie actually comes out.

FOX doesn't need to go through Disney at all for a Spider-Man/Deadpool cross over. Spidey's rights are still with Sony and if they really wanted they could sign off on something. I feel like Kevin Feige would be cool with it because it's an awesome nod to a lot of great comic stories with those two. Plus I feel like the self parodying nature of Deadpool would make something easier for people to sign off on.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it isn't far fetched. I hope to see it, even if it's just a cameo.

I would like to see it too, but the problem is that even though Sony still holds the rights....Spider-Man is now a part of the MCU which was part of the deal. To crossover with Deadpool would put him in the MCU also. Or at least create a very confusing continuity. In a perfect world Sony, Disney, and FOX would all work in one big happy Marvel family.

FOX doesn't need to go through Disney at all for a Spider-Man/Deadpool cross over. Spidey's rights are still with Sony and if they really wanted they could sign off on something. I feel like Kevin Feige would be cool with it because it's an awesome nod to a lot of great comic stories with those two. Plus I feel like the self parodying nature of Deadpool would make something easier for people to sign off on.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it isn't far fetched. I hope to see it, even if it's just a cameo.

Ya, after Deadpool's big success, I think everyone involved needs to be rewarded with more than just Negasonic Teenage Warhead and a cutout of Hugh Jackman's face (even as fantastically hilarious as it was). I am hoping it happens, and I think it will in some way.

I would like to see it too, but the problem is that even though Sony still holds the rights....Spider-Man is now a part of the MCU which was part of the deal. To crossover with Deadpool would put him in the MCU also. Or at least create a very confusing continuity. In a perfect world Sony, Disney, and FOX would all work in one big happy Marvel family.

You mean the same continuity or lack thereof that Deadpool, it's actors, and movie itself mocked nonstop? I don't think that is going to be a big concern honestly. Deadpool is kind of it's own thing for now, and I think people are okay with that.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Deadpool is part of the X-Men universe. It's not it's own thing.

But the nature of his character could easily explain away the continuity problem. I admit I didn't think of it that way. So let's all hope this happens now! :devious:

Deadpool is part of the X-Men universe. It's not it's own thing.

But the nature of his character could easily explain away the continuity problem. I admit I didn't think of it that way. So let's all hope this happens now! :devious:

Does anyone know where X-Men's continuity sits right now? Deadpool isn't in any of the current X-Men continuity stuff (Technically the events of Origins didn't really happen). And Colossus breaks every figment of continuity that may have remained. They may start intertwining them more.. But if this isn't going to happen, it won't be for these reasons, IMO. We will see though. Obviously it is just a guessing game at this point.

The X-Men group we know and love (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, etc) are all rebooted and in the 80s

The present time X-Men will be the New Mutants which you can look up. Plus Storm, Colossus, & Negasonic

The movies are moving by a decade. First Class (63) DOFP (73) Apocalypse (83)

The hope is to eventually crossover with the New Mutants when they catch up. However Storm is a part of the New Mutants which completely destroys all of this anyway :bronbron:

But Deadpool is in current times...which would be the New Mutants.

The X-Men film universe is a damn mess. I know they tried to patch it with DoFP's ending, but at the end of the day those movies still exist and everything is weird. Plus Deadpool is a character whose aware that he's just in a movie, so any movie with him as the star doesn't really have to abide by any limitations of the character's universe. Especially since it's very unlikely you see Deadpool show up in a major X-Men movie.

• Upvote 1

After getting all caught up in Gotham I can say with 100% certainty that it's the beter then anything else out there in terms of super hero related tv shows right now.

I didn't think they'd be able to top the first half of this season... But they did.