Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

It just looks almost identical to the last Spider-Man franchise... lol. I mean, it's really close to the comics as the article says.. But I would like to get away from the Raimi films as much as possible. Hopefully Toby McGuire doesn't get cast.

It looks straight out of a comic book, I'm glad they are going more classic Spidey with the look.

I think the film makers should focus on distancing itself from Raimi with the actual film rather than look. Make sure Peter isn't a emo crybaby and constantly use the overused dansel in distress hook with MJW. They've yet to use a villain used by Raimi too, though they'll HAVE to use Gobby at some point.

It looks straight out of a comic book, I'm glad they are going more classic Spidey with the look.

I think the film makers should focus on distancing itself from Raimi with the actual film rather than look. Make sure Peter isn't a emo crybaby and constantly use the overused dansel in distress hook with MJW. They've yet to use a villain used by Raimi too, though they'll HAVE to use Gobby at some point.

They've already gone completely away from the other franchise in regards to Peter, and the worst character in comic book history, Mary Jane. By switching it after making it a point to be different just seems counter productive and makes it appear they were afraid to go with this look from the beginning.

Either way, it isn't going to change the movie in the slightest.

Spider-Spider-Man_%26_Venom-Separation_Anxiety.jpg

Was playing this earlier. Spider-Man sucks ass lulz.

Next time I'm being Venom :nonono:

Spider-Man is the shit, shut your filthy mouth Bay. :yep:

Also, there are rumors going aroun about the potential involvement of RDJ in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Maybe people are just going off the new comic reboot in which Tony goes into space and joins the Guardians, but there are legit rumors of Star-Lord being introduced in Iron Man 3's after credit scene. There is also talk of a Namor movie in Phase 3 to go with Dr. Strange and Ant-Man. Which is kind of odd, and there is question of if Marvel actually owns his rights since he has ties to the X-Men and Fantastic Four.

More movie-related rumors...

-Halle Berry expected to be have a role in X-Men: Days of Future Past

-Warner Bros. already planning Man of Steel sequel?

-Paul Rudd to potentially play Ant-Man?

-Marvel denies they are planning a Planet Hulk movie

On another note, in Batman Incorporated #8 this week, the current Robin (Damian Wayne, Bruce's son with Talia al Ghul) died. I unfortunatly couldn't get a copy of the issue. :(

I agree, but in that game he is quite inept. :yep:

XMen_MutantApocalypsefrontcover.jpg

FUCK MAGNETO.

Edited by Bay

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/report-bale-to-return-as-batman-in-justice-league

Christian Bale is in talks to reprise his role as Batman in DC's upcoming Justice League movie, Christopher Nolan will oversee the project, and Man of Steel-helmer Zack Snyder will produce - and possibly direct - if a new report from Latino Review is to be believed.

The website claims that Nolan is now in charge of the entire DCU at Warner Bros., and is in discussions to act as a sort of Godfather to the project, as well as produce alongside Zack Snyder. The studio allegedly wants the film to be set in the same universe as Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, which naturally means a return of Bale's Batman. Not only that, but Justice League would also tie in with Snyder's gritty Man of Steel, which means - you guessed it - Bale's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman would appear in the same universe, in the same movie, at the same time.

As the website correctly notes, Bale wouldn't be against reprising the role, as long as the story was right. "I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work," he told Empire Magazine last summer.

Considering Marvel hit the billion-dollar jackpot with the culmination of its Phase One shared universe model, The Avengers, imagine what Warner Bros. could spin by crossing over their top-tier DC properties? And if Justice League releases in 2015 as planned, it will go up against The Avengers 2 the same year, which is certainly an unprecedented clash of the comic book movie titans.

While the information is definitely still camped out in rumorville, the folks at Latino Review have traditionally proven themselves to be a reliable source for scoops, and this could certainly be one of their biggest.

We'll update with any new information as we get it.

Bale's terrible Batvoice is exactly what Justice League needs.

Better than someone new. Or not at all.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/halle-berry-confirmed-for-x-men-days-of-future-past

Just last week she said she was in talks to return as Storm for Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past sequel, and now Halle Berry has been confirmed to be returning to the silver wig.

HitFix has the news, with Berry telling the site, "I love Storm and I'm happy I get to be a part of it this time." Deadline is also confirming the casting this morning.

Meanwhile, French actor Omar Sy (The Intouchables) is also joining the cast in an unspecified role.

Singer revealed the news via his Twitter account. "Thrilled to welcome the brilliant #OmarSy from the amazing film #TheIntouchables to the cast of #Xmen #DaysofFuturePast!" the director tweeted this weekend.

Days of Future Past is hoping for an April or May start date, with a release set for July 18, 2014.

UPDATE: In related casting news, Kelsey Grammer has confirmed through his own Twitter account that he will not reprise his role as Beast. Said the actor, "No I will not return as Beast. Pointless as Beast looks the same in youth and later on."

Another new trailer for Iron Man 3:

Edited by BLUE

Aw man, overseas gets a release that's eight days earlier than ours. :(

1170170796-00.jpg

:megusta:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/15/azazel-wont-be-back-for-days-of-future-past

UPDATE: Ever the dropper of casting news, Bryan Singer tweeted a new photo today featuring head shots of various cast members in Days of Future Past. Among the lineup was Daniel Cudmore, aka Colossus, who looks to be reprising his role from X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand. Also spotted was Fan Bingbing (Battle of the Warriors) as well as Booboo Stewart (The Twilight Saga). Heat Vision reports that Bingbing will play the teleporter Blink, who loyal X-readers will recall from the Age of Apocalypse story and Exiles. No word yet as to who Stewart will play.

Original story follows...

Add Azazel to the list of non-returning mutants for X-Men: Days of Future Past. First Class actor Jason Flemyng says he'll be sitting this next one out.

Explained Flemyng, "Initially I was gutted, but then I remembered I had to get up at two in the morning, I had to be painted red and be slightly out of focus and posed a lot, and that was sort of it. Now I don't have to do that."

He's relieved for other reasons as well. Flemyng is now a father of two. "I've had twins so I'm quite glad to stay at home," he continued. "It's filmed in Canada and it takes about seven months so I'm quite glad to be at home."

Good news! Ryan Reynolds said he isn't interested in doing Green Lantern again. Unless someone like Joss Whedon or Chris Nolan is directing.

• Upvote 1

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 came out today and I got the awesome Deadpool launch variant as usual. :yep:

9DAFFDCA-3865-4306-AFF0-F164192124D8-2496-0000031F3FFA401A_zps663ce6d7.jpg

International is better.

Under the radar comic movie coming out this year...Kick-Ass 2.

mfer.jpeg

McLovin? That's funny.

Kick Ass 2 also has Jim Carrey in it as Col. Stars and Stripes..should be good :yep:

Edited by RANGA

I think it will be worth a look for sure. But it has really gone under the radar with Iron Man 3, Wolverine, Thor 2, Cap 2, GotG, ASM2, DOFP, etc. getting a lot of talk.

Some info about Joss Whedon's SHIELD TV show....

ABC has announced that their upcoming small screen foray in Marvel's cinematic universe has a new title. Formerly known as "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.", the new series will now be called "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." The newly-released synopsis for the show reads as follows:

Joss Whedon shows us not all heroes are super with "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, Marvel's The Avengers, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet). Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen ("Dollhouse," "Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog"), Jeffrey Bell ("Angel," "Alias") and Jeph Loeb ("Smallville," "Lost," "Heroes") comes Marvel’s first live-action TV series, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

There's no word yet on when the show might premiere, but check back for details as soon as they become available.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176025-arvels-shield-is-now-marvels-agents-of-shield