Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Felt this was coming from Marvel.

-Like the black panther casting. Had about two other actors in mind, but enough great young black actors that any of them could do it.

-Marvel are still douches for going with "Captain Marvel" just to throw crap on Shazam (the REAL captain marvel). Could have went with her real name "Ms. Marvel", but either way not sure how good a solo movie for her will be.

-Not excited for Inhumans at all.

-Avengers 3 being split into 2....wonder where they got that from?

Edited by butta55

It's the vogue thing these past few years to unnecessarily make the third movie in a trilogy two parts (though at least in this case it might actually be necessary. Probably not though)

Edited by Vin

I also agree with Butta on Captain Marvel / Ms. Marvel. Right now... Easily looks like the worst film in either of the DC or Marvel lineups. Might be the only one I don't actually go see... Depending on how development goes and what the trailer tells me.

I felt this way when they first announced Downey being in Cap 3 and today confirmed it....I don't like this talk of Civil War and future story lines when Avengers 2 hasn't even came out yet. I understand there will be points in the movie that move the story along, but confirming Civil War and all this other stuff pretty much makes the Ultron story less exciting because now I'm really just gonna focus on Iron Man and Cap throughout the movie. Idk thats just my perspective.

Carol Danvers has been referred to as Captain Marvel for a while in comics now.

I'll wait and see how this project goes, it's too far away to judge and we knew she was likely going to be the female hero Marvel was going to showcase. I'm excited about Inhumans, Black Bolt is one of my favorite underrated characters in the MU. My only disappointment from this announcement is the lack of a Hulk film.

Also, Kevin Feige was asked about Spider-Man potentially being able to be a part of the MCU in the future and he responded by saying it's "either not true or not ready to be announced yet." Interesting...

I don't get how her origin story will involve the Kree in anyway because that is a huge story arc that would have to involve the Avengers.

Oh no! Thanos has consumed the planeteers and the powers of earth, wind, fire, and water!!!!! Who knows what kind of sick perverse environmentally harmful crimes he is going to be able to put an end to in the next Avengers film....

What he doesn't know is he is missing Heart....

Oh no! Thanos has consumed the planeteers and the powers of earth, wind, fire, and water!!!!! Who knows what kind of sick perverse environmentally harmful crimes he is going to be able to put an end to in the next Avengers film....

What he doesn't know is he is missing Heart....

Edited by Favre4Ever

The Kree have already been introduced in GOTG, it's possible that Captain Marvel could see her first appearance in GOTG2. They already said Black Panther will appear in CA: Civil War, so her making her debut before her movie is possible.

She was never in space though right? So if she is in GOTG2 means they come back to Earth and the Kree on Earth like I was saying is just a little too big in my mind. Should be interesting how they make her story work out.

Star-Lord is originally from Earth, so a scene with him returning isn't out of the question. Maybe a post credits scene with something, who knows. It can be easily explained though.

True. Like F4E said I'll just wait until we get closer to the movie to decide how I feel about it.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

http://deadline.com/2014/10/channing-tatum-gambit-marvel-comics-x-men-josh-zetumer-1201268949/

EXCLUSIVE: In a move that makes official that the X-Men character Gambit is getting his own spinoff movie with Channing Tatum as the card-savvy protagonist, Fox has set Robocop scribe Josh Zetumer to write the screenplay. The studio has officially attached Tatum as star, and to produce with his Free Association partner Reid Carolin, The Donners Company’s Lauren Shuler Donner, and Genre Films’ Simon Kinberg.

The screenplay will be based on a treatment penned by legendary Marvel Comics writer Chris Claremont, who with Jim Lee created the character for Marvel in 1990. The storyline is being kept under wraps. The character, which also goes by the name Remy LeBeau, has the ability to charge matter with volatile kinetic energy, causing the object in question to explosively release its charge on impact. The character materialized in a short burst in 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Tatum and Carolin are currently producing Magic Mike XXL, which was written by Carolin, with Tatum once again starring. Tatum will next be seen starring in Bennett Miller’s Foxcatcher, and he has a headlock on Oscar buzz for his role as Olympic champion wrestler Mark Schultz since that film premiered at Cannes. Zetumer along with Tatum, Carolin and their company are repped by UTA and Management 360.

Just realized that Ms. Marvel comes out after Avengers Part 1. So they will easily be able to throw the Kree into the movie and pretty much confirms whoever the actress is will be in the Avengers movie to set up her solo movie which won't be an origin story, but continuation.

Also I loved the way Robocop was written so good pick for the writer in the Gambit movie.

Ew.

Gambit was my favorite of the X-Men when I was was young. Always dreaded his solo movie.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Gambit is also one of my favorites... I have my own hesitations about a standalone movie. Gambit is one of those characters that really needs a pitch perfect tone and atmosphere, IMO... There is only really one certain way I want a Gambit movie to come across, and there is a lot that could go wrong...

With the decision of the writer, I don't feel like this example will be a huge problem... But at one time I was afraid of it getting the Green Lantern treatment -- just everything being a big joke.

Not so sure Channing Tatum (who I agree has gotten better as an actor) can really capture Gambit... but, we shall see.

I don't think Gambit works in anything other than a comic book or a cartoon.

• Upvote 1

We knew a solo Gambit movie was coming with an actor as big as Channing Tatum attached. Plus, with the superhero craze in full effect FOX is trying to milk every character and property they can right now.

I'm sure this has already been dissected in this thread, so excuse my truancy, but...

Dat Age of Ultron trailer :blink:

Am I the only one that didn't like Wentworth Miller's acting job in the last episode?

Or feels like the "final battles" with the villians have been stupid?

I'm so far behind in my shows, I have two episodes of Arrow to catch up on plus Flash and Agents of SHIELD.

I love me some Wentworth Miller. Captain Cold, ftw.

He was "overacting" IMO. Just felt like he was overdoing the whole heartless bad guy role. Had zero emotion in his lines like reading them.