Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

I'm 99% sure everyone who posts here has seen the show anyway. Me and you are probably the last two to have seen it all :yao:

I've only seen the first six eps.

Yea yea. Will get around to it. My free time for watching tv is nearly nil atm. I'll make more excuses later.

Pshh, not like your wife, kid and job needs any of your time/attention. :shifty:

I've only seen the first six eps.

Well shit. Get on it and watch the rest :yep:

The ending fight is the biggest fight of the movie and should not have been the same as Avengers 1, that's why the movie sucked.

Also, the build up for Civil War? WE GOT NOTHING. Tony and Cap made up in the end, lulz. And the Scarlett Witch shit was dumb as fuck, as was most things with the movie. I couldn't stand them being in Hawkeye's house. It was cringeworthy. Hawkeye is a crap character, and they should have kept it that way. Also, tell me ONE thing Ultron did that brought the Avengers to their feet. Oh yeah, nothing. Also, daddy issues.... This movie did NOT live up to the hype at all.

I just read a whole lot of "the movie didn't line up with my predisposed opinions so it's garbage".

Civil War will be its own thing, if you read the comics you would know it happens suddenly and there's not a lot of build-up. Scarlet Witch using her powers or 'scarlet witch shit' could have been better, but she did almost break the team right there. Hulk killed a bunch of people in New York as a result of it, so maybe there's your build-up to a Planet Hulk movie. Everything else she did in the movie was incredible.

This movie made me love Hawkeye. I respect him about as much as I do Arrow. Just some dude who's not Batman running around with people who could kill him in an instant. They gave him a lot of personality this time around, and added depth to his character. You hate him though, so fuck all that.

By 'bring Avengers to their feet' I assume you mean knees. The aforementioned Hulk murder spree was his instruction, creating a meteor that would kill the planet.

Killing Quicksilver!

But, I can see what you mean here, I'll move on to what I didn't like about it.

By no means would I give this movie a 10 or even a 9. I never really felt like the team was in danger. It lacked that desperation the first one had, but it is a different movie. Ultron, while performed to damn near perfection, never felt like a big threat. He was at his most dangerous while flying a jet. Nuff said.

Too many jokes and goofy things.

I hated the beauty and the beast stuff. I'll just leave that there. I hate when people make stuff up.

• Upvote 1

Getting hyped for Flash tonight, should be a really solid episode, but we get the real shit next week. I have probably never been more hyped for even the PROMO for next week.

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

OH fuck, what am I saying? I'm hyped for the rest of the season. Four straight weeks of epicness.

Also, willing to open up my mind on the superhero genre. Need to stop just hating on everything that isn't Spawn or Flash. Captain America is slowly becoming my most favorite superhero.

Edited by Spartan Havoc
  • Upvote 2

Getting hyped for Flash tonight, should be a really solid episode, but we get the real shit next week. I have probably never been more hyped for even the PROMO for next week.

Today is a day that we get to enjoy The Flash....we shall rejoice and be glad in it :cigar:

• Upvote 1

Exclusive Hulkbuster Pop Vinyl came in today, looks badass.

5E994CC3-CEF7-4964-AF28-83B66756F631_zps

This Flash episode gave me everything I wanted, but didn't necessarily give me anything I wasn't expecting.

The trailers def was well put together to add more drama to the episode than there actually was.

My favorite parts:

-The opening scene in the time vault
-Cisco's dream sequence
-Joe turning up on Eddie about marrying Iris
-Iris finding out about Barry through his electric shock
-Wells talking to the coma Barry

• Upvote 1

Flash was great. Gotham was pretty good (Got soooo fucked up with the Ogre, and an awesome Penguin episode). Agents of Shield dominated this week. Got a couple Age of Ultron tie-ins, and easily the best choreographed action sequence I've seen in any of these shows. Sky went fucking ham... looked like it was straight out of John Wick :lol: Those definitely weren't no icer rounds to the heads either. Could've used some spaghetti-western blood spray.

How many more episodes of The Flash are there? I feel like it should be over but then realized that they just show an episode whenever they feel like it.

• Upvote 1

Three more to go.

Grodd Lives

Rogue Air

Fast Enough

Aka hold onto your assholes children, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

This Flash episode had me screaming in excitement the whole episode. The finale is going to be something special folks, and we get Firestorm and possibly a Legends of Tomorrow preview in Rogue Air!! :ooo:

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Flash was great. Gotham was pretty good (Got soooo fucked up with the Ogre, and an awesome Penguin episode). Agents of Shield dominated this week. Got a couple Age of Ultron tie-ins, and easily the best choreographed action sequence I've seen in any of these shows. Sky went fucking ham... looked like it was straight out of John Wick :lol: Those definitely weren't no icer rounds to the heads either. Could've used some spaghetti-western blood spray.

How many more episodes of The Flash are there? I feel like it should be over but then realized that they just show an episode whenever they feel like it.

just watched the most recent Agents of Shield episode, and holy shit, I didn't think I could get more hyped for Age of Ultron, but I'm there, the last couple minutes were basically just teaser for AoU, but it worked

The way Flash put the trailer together, i thought the episode would suck. Luckily as Butta said, the trailer really wasn't the same feel and energy as the actual episode. So, I liked it more than I thought I would. I still don't really know what the show will be like once Wells is around less often and honestly I don't really want to think about it.

The way Flash put the trailer together, i thought the episode would suck. Luckily as Butta said, the trailer really wasn't the same feel and energy as the actual episode. So, I liked it more than I thought I would. I still don't really know what the show will be like once Wells is around less often and honestly I don't really want to think about it.

That's true, he's been the driving force in the show even as a good guy. Could seem directionless with just Barry, Cisco, and Caitlyn.

-----

tumblr_nnlbubqyBA1tl69qho1_250.giftumblr_nnlbubqyBA1tl69qho2_250.giftumblr_nnlbubqyBA1tl69qho9_r1_250.gif

Pictures of Ben Affleck on the set of Suicide Squad have surfaced online :yes:

ben-affleck-toronto-29apr15-05.jpg

Still don't like Affleck, but all signs point to a Bruce Wayne/Batman cameo in the movie which I think is needed. Movie can focus on the squad but it ultimately has to be about Batman. This is the amount of crossover in movies I was envisioning DC having.

Edited by butta55

just watched the most recent Agents of Shield episode, and holy shit, I didn't think I could get more hyped for Age of Ultron, but I'm there, the last couple minutes were basically just teaser for AoU, but it worked

Yea it did. I just bought a couple tickets to reserve a spot to watch it Friday night. Lmao. Well played Marvel.

CD3it1rWoAAEivV.png

batscolor.0.png

Affleck has a future doing some DirecTv commericals

Hi I'm Batman and I am one of the most popular superheroes in history.

>> And I'm clinically depressed Batman and I do nothing but disappoint you