Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Finals- Thunder Vs. Heat (1-1)

There are other players they can stick on Battier but not in the starting lineup. Ibaka most definitely won't be defending LBJ, Sefolosha is on DWade, KD is on LBJ, and Perkins is on Bosh so they just have to deal with it until bench players come into the game.

I think they found a good defensive strategy in the 2nd half of Game 3. It was very similar to the defensive gameplan against San Antonio where every player but the on-ball defender had a foot in the paint and just closed hard on kickouts or switched on pick and rolls. If anymore adjustments are going to be made with the starting lineup, I think it should be KD guarding DWade and Sefolosha on LBJ. Lebron has been ridiculously good this series but Sefolosha makes him work his ass off everything and KD's length really messes with Wade. It's clear KD doesn't have the strength to stay with Lebron and it's part of what's getting him into foul trouble.

Ya, understandable as far as the lineup goes.

Would it be absurd to let Ibaka come in off the bench to take advantage of the match ups? I just REALLY don't like the fact that the Heat are dictating where he plays so easily. Ibaka is so much more valuable down low...

Is that part of Erik Spoelstra's strategy? Have a guy shoot from 3 pt land a lot, and effectively move Ibaka out of his most effective area?

That might be giving Spoelstra too much credit. lol

Tonight better be fucking reffed fairly is all I'm going to say.

Or what? You'll bitch and moan more? I'm sure the NBA is quivering in their boots

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

Ya, understandable as far as the lineup goes.

Would it be absurd to let Ibaka come in off the bench to take advantage of the match ups? I just REALLY don't like the fact that the Heat are dictating where he plays so easily. Ibaka is so much more valuable down low...

Is that part of Erik Spoelstra's strategy? Have a guy shoot from 3 pt land a lot, and effectively move Ibaka out of his most effective area?

That might be giving Spoelstra too much credit. lol

Battier is in the starting lineup because every player behind Miami's big 3 is dogshit. It wasn't anything strategic but it's worked out for them.

OKC has played well enough to win these last 2 games. They just have to keep their heads down and play better, which they are definitely capable of doing.

LET'S GO HEAT!!! I'm glad Battier has been monsterous behind the three point line this series. What better time than now? It kinda reminds me when last year against Dallas all of a sudden, Barrea and Terry couldn't miss behind the three point line and killed us. Hopefully fate will have a different end result for this years Heat team. After all the critisicm and scrutiny that this team has endured, I think they deserve it. When 49 of the 50 States and 29 of the 30 teams in the NBA hate you and are dying for you to fail and has been very vocal about it. Maybe it's my homerism, but I think they deserve it after all the critisism since last season... (I think I have a few words spelled incorrectly, but you get the point)

Guest Phailadelphia

All my Westbrook critics that don't like his game should be complaining about it right now too, even though he's balling. He isn't playing any different than he has this entire postseason. Difference: His shot is falling.

This is a fucking disgrace of a game. Refs are absolutely terrible.

I'm sorry, but if anyone has been watching this 3rd quarter, you have to agree with this. Absolutely terrible. Westbrook keeps getting shoved and/or hit, and nothing, and Harden gets called for doing absolutely zilch to LBJ. This is the worst reffed quarter in the finals so far.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

How many layups have the Thunder missed tonight? Has to be 3-5 so far.. Easy points just being shat away.

Guest Phailadelphia

Everyone watching this game should now understand my man love for Westbrook.

Westbrook has been to the line once and has 37 points. He's been getting fucking mauled. LeBron has been smashing people all game and getting sent to the line for it. Ridiculous.

Russlol Westbrook. Use your fucking head, boy.

• Upvote 1

Everyone watching this game should now understand my man love for Westbrook.

And everyone who was watching the final 15 seconds of this game should now understand why so many people hate him. facepalm.gif

• Upvote 1

Nothing would be better than to see the Thunder win the series now.

• Upvote 1

Westbrook was attacking the rim all night and didn't get a free throw until the late 3rd/early 4th, don't remember which. Just fucking disgraceful.

Refs were absolutely terrible in this game, most noticeably in the third, but again, the Thunder could have won if a couple key players, *cough*Harden*cough* hadn't played like complete shit.

Yup....

Westbrook had the absolute best 46 minutes on the court tonight. But he also had the absolute worst 2 minutes in the game. Unfortunately for the Thunder, those terrible two minutes were the last two minutes.

This series needs to be extended. Westbrook had me so hype in the 4th when he was goin off.

And everybody and there moms knew LBJ was gonna take that 3... Except Thabo...

I didn't see a lot of the first 3 quarters but holy shit Westbrook is a moron. I don't understand how you could play basketball your whole life and not understand what was going on there

Westbrook was attacking the rim all night and didn't get a free throw until the late 3rd/early 4th, don't remember which. Just fucking disgraceful.

Refs were absolutely terrible in this game, most noticeably in the third, but again, the Thunder could have won if a couple key players, *cough*Harden*cough* hadn't played like complete shit.

Tonight, Harden looked like Barkley, Ewing etc. in Space Jam when they all got their skills "sucked away" from them. He was throwing up his shots/passes with prayer instead of conviction.

• Upvote 1

I said it in the shoutbox, but the Thunder coaching staff deserves blame for that Westbrook screw up. They should be yelling and making sure players are aware of the situation.

I didn't watch much of the game, but it sounds like officiating was very Miami oriented AGAIN, and the few minutes I did watch involved Westbrook getting killed at the rim with no call. Imagine that. The Thunder must be either: A. James Harden, or B. Absolutely fucking killed, to get to the line.

Ab-fucking-surd.

Dear Miami,

You're welcome for the 2012 NBA Title you didn't earn.

Sincerely,

NBA Officiating

Cubicle B, adjacent to David Stern's office

NBA Headquarters

Miami, Florida

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I said it in the shoutbox, but the Thunder coaching staff deserves blame for that Westbrook screw up. They should be yelling and making sure players are aware of the situation.

I don't expect to have to babysit a contractor and his crew as they do something as simple as shingle my roof. That play is entirely on Russell Westbrook. No questions asked. I really, serious as all hell, want to love the kid, but even on a night when he single-handedly kept his team in the game, he found a way to lose it as well.

The way the Thunder play right now puts too much pressure on one player. It's time to alter it a bit.

The coaching staff should have said something, but most of the blame should still be on Westbrook. That is inexcusable.

I didn't watch much of the game, but it sounds like officiating was very Miami oriented AGAIN, and the few minutes I did watch involved Westbrook getting killed at the rim with no call. Imagine that. The Thunder must be either: A. James Harden, or B. Absolutely fucking killed, to get to the line.

Ab-fucking-surd.

Dear Miami,

You're welcome for the 2012 NBA Title you didn't earn.

Sincerely,

NBA Officiating

Cubicle B, adjacent to David Stern's office

NBA Headquarters

Miami, Florida

You-Seem-Upset.jpg