Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Finals- Thunder Vs. Heat (1-1)

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't expect to have to babysit a contractor and his crew as they do something as simple as shingle my roof. That play is entirely on Russell Westbrook. No questions asked. I really, serious as all hell, want to love the kid, but even on a night when he single-handedly kept his team in the game, he found a way to lose it as well.

The way the Thunder play right now puts too much pressure on one player. It's time to alter it a bit.

The coaching staff should have said something, but most of the blame should still be on Westbrook. That is inexcusable.

I'm just going to leave this here:

RT @bomani_jones man, as good as y'all MUST be under pressure, i don't get why more of you aren't firefighters or crime fightin superheros.

No one really gives a fuck what Bomani Jones says.

Westbrook is a professional athlete... dude gets paid MILLIONS for playing basketball. I think the common man has the right to criticize him. No fucking excuse for what happened on that play.

• Upvote 2

Durant is 15/27 from the floor in the 4th quarter in this series. He needs to demand the ball and it needs to be made a bigger priority that he's getting the ball.

I actually get a kick out of Bomani Jones. 99% of the time, he's spot on, and I love that they're including him on ATH more often now. I'd love to see a First Take debate with him and Michael Smith going at it. Two excellent analysts in one show? Hell yes.

Fuck Stephen A and Skip. Fuck 'em. Dispose and add Michael and Bomani.

Really bomani? Moment I saw the 5 second shot clock I was thinking about how its good for the Thunder that they don't have to foul. And I don't even make 15 million a year to play basketball.

Really bomani? Moment I saw the 5 second shot clock I was thinking about how its good for the Thunder that they don't have to foul. And I don't even make 15 million a year to play basketball.

This. Russ fucked up. There's no other way to put it.

Yeah that was absolutely terrible.

It doesn't mean the Thunder would have tied, though. Even if they get the ball back, they still gotta hit a 3 with 7-8 seconds on the shot clock, that's a pretty uncommon occurrence.

But Westbrook took that from uncommon to nearly impossible with that dumb mental error.

Edited by Thanatos19

This finals will make history as the shittiest one if Heat wins 4-1..Hope Thunder makes it in Game 5..

Guest Phailadelphia

This finals will make history as the shittiest one if Heat wins 4-1..Hope Thunder makes it in Game 5..

Uh, what? This has been a ridiculously awesome Finals series. Even if Miami does win 4-1, the series record won't reflect how competitive it actually was. Every game has gone down to the wire.

• Upvote 1

They had the writer for the Thunder page of The Oklahoman on ESPN Radio this morning with Mike & Mike and I heard what he was talking about when I was driving to work. He mentioned that he had been in a room with hundreds of the nations top journalists who have covered NBA Finals and Playoffs for years and in all honesty, he confessed that him and many, many of the journalists did not know that the shot clock will reset to only 5 if MIA wins the toss with under 5 seconds on the shot clock. It almost never happens, so the fact that a young player didn't know and the coaches failed to communicate that properly can't be laid on him entirely. He was doing what he thought was best for the team with a 24 second shot clock. He's the entire reason they were in the game and every Thunder fan is grilling him. You guys are fucking shitty fans, glad I'm not associated with you fellers.

• Downvote 1

You know what? I didn't know that rule either. I wasn't sure what the rule was. Then I checked the shot clock to see what it was. Why can I do that, but the guy who plays the game didn't bother to do that?

Realize that a jump ball isn't a change in possession, so therefore the shot clock would not reset if the offensive team got the tip. There'd be no reason for it to, because they hadn't lost possession.

Far as I'm concerned, it's something you really ought to know if you're on the court. I knew it. Countless other fans knew it and I'm sure most of each coaching staff knew it, as well as most of the players on each team. There's no excuse not to be aware of something like that.

Guest Phailadelphia

They had the writer for the Thunder page of The Oklahoman on ESPN Radio this morning with Mike & Mike and I heard what he was talking about when I was driving to work. He mentioned that he had been in a room with hundreds of the nations top journalists who have covered NBA Finals and Playoffs for years and in all honesty, he confessed that him and many, many of the journalists did not know that the shot clock will reset to only 5 if MIA wins the toss with under 5 seconds on the shot clock. It almost never happens, so the fact that a young player didn't know and the coaches failed to communicate that properly can't be laid on him entirely. He was doing what he thought was best for the team with a 24 second shot clock. He's the entire reason they were in the game and every Thunder fan is grilling him. You guys are fucking shitty fans, glad I'm not associated with you fellers.

What Thunder fans are grilling him? Aside from myself and Zack, there aren't any here on TGP if this thread is what you're referring to. Too many people this series are confusing "OKC fan" with "Heat hater."

The notion that Westbrook is at fault for the loss is idiotic beyond measure. Even if he doesn't foul, OKC still has to grab the rebound and make a 3-point shot and that's just to tie it. He absolutely did not lose them the game.

Edited by Phailadelphia

You know what? I didn't know that rule either. I wasn't sure what the rule was. Then I checked the shot clock to see what it was. Why can I do that, but the guy who plays the game didn't bother to do that?

Ya, it's not like he even had to know the rule... Just look at the shot clock. lol

Show me where either of the two OKC fans on this board have lambasted Westbrook over that foul.

You don't want to be associated with us? You posted a status update whining about being woken up by your baby after getting drunk. You are a fucking shitty parent. Glad I'm not associated with you, feller.

See, I can jump to conclusions and be a judgemental cockass as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I said it in the shoutbox, but the Thunder coaching staff deserves blame for that Westbrook screw up. They should be yelling and making sure players are aware of the situation.

It almost never happens, so the fact that a young player didn't know and the coaches failed to communicate that properly can't be laid on him entirely. He was doing what he thought was best for the team with a 24 second shot clock. He's the entire reason they were in the game and every Thunder fan is grilling him. You guys are fucking shitty fans, glad I'm not associated with you fellers.

Just fyi, the coaching staff and Russell Westbrook both said that he, along with every other player, was made aware of the situation. Westbrook said it was just a miscommunication on his part.

And karl, only Zack and Phail are OKC fans on here. I'm a Mavs fan myself, I'd just rather see OKC take it than Miami, especially when Miami is getting all sorts of officiating help.

Edited by Thanatos19

This NBA Finals has been nothing short of exciting. Sure, even though it might end at 5 games but each game has been amazing and down to the wire. I don't mind it though, LET'S GO HEAT! LET'S CLOSE THIS OUT IN 5!!!

This NBA Finals has been nothing short of exciting. Sure, even though it might end at 5 games but each game has been amazing and down to the wire. I don't mind it though, LET'S GO HEAT! LET'S CLOSE THIS OUT IN 5!!!

I want the series to keep going because it's entertaining but at the same time I want it to end because all I see and hear is people bitch and bitch and bitch...

• Upvote 1

Show me where either of the two OKC fans on this board have lambasted Westbrook over that foul.

You don't want to be associated with us? You posted a status update whining about being woken up by your baby after getting drunk. You are a fucking shitty parent. Glad I'm not associated with you, feller.

See, I can jump to conclusions and be a judgemental cockass as well.

lol umad bro?

I didn't know that when I said "every thunder fan" I was strictly speaking about what happens on these forums, I guess I should be more clear next time. If you listen to any sports radio or read any articles the next morning you would have noticed that a vast majority instantly began to hate Westbrook and call him the reason for the loss. It wasn't until the next evening people began to believe that he wasn't being a dumb ass, it was just miscommunication.

Also, I didn't whine that my daughter woke me up. It happens every single night at least twice, I merely stated she did. And I'm not a bad parent at all, I'm pretty damn good actually. But continue to blast random bullshit because you think you're awesome, real swell.

Back on topic:

I hope LeBron just decimates OKC tonight and proves to all the haters he's a champion. I wanna see a historical performance like no other, would be great.

Edited by karl
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He finally got his first. Kudos to the Miami Heat and LBJ. TRIPLE DOUBLE!!!

This finals was kinda a let down...

They better enjoy it cause the Pistons are taking it home next year. :yep:

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I guess Phail can finally get rid of that annoying Westbrook sig now. :dance:

Guest Phailadelphia

fuck this gay earth

Nope. The Mavericks are.

And BJ, didn't you call LBJ a choker and said he'd never win a championship about three weeks ago?

Edited by Thanatos19

Ya, it sucks that it only lasted 5 games, but I still thought it was a really good and exciting series.

Congrats to the Miami Heat!