The Phenom

Mike Trout or Bryce Harper?

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have on your team?

• Mike Trout
    • Bryce Harper

Obviously I'm taking Trout. Harper just seems to have that cocky attitude you love to hate, you can tell opposing teams don't like it either. Harper reckless play style could catch up to him eventually as well.

I'd probably take Trout right now too. He is only 1 year younger, is putting u better numbers than Harper and doesn't have Harper's attitude.

Right now, Trout. But once Harper's power swing gets going... Well, we're looking at the 2 best outfielders of a generation coming up.

I'd probably take Trout right now too. He is only 1 year younger, is putting u better numbers than Harper and doesn't have Harper's attitude.

Trout is a year OLDER than Harper.

Anyway, I'm taking Trout over the Conservative Hero too.

Obviously I'm taking Trout. Harper just seems to have that cocky attitude you love to hate, you can tell opposing teams don't like it either.

Advantage goes to him if he's getting into the opponents' head.

Harper reckless play style could catch up to him eventually as well.

I think you're confusing reckless for aggressive. I remember a couple of weeks ago, Harper hit what looked to be a routine single, but saw the centerfielder dogging it a bit, and hustled it out for a double. It's rare to see that type of effort out of any player, especially one who is still a teenager.

Harper is the logical choice here. Has a higher ceiling than Trout. And Trout is putting up better numbers than Harper? No shit, Trout played in 40 games last year. Harper's only been getting his feet wet since late April. And there's really not a big discrepancy in stats, anyway.

Trout: .324 BA, 27 RBI, .382 OBP, .899 OPS

Harper: .294 BA, 19 RBI, .370 OBP, .893 OPS

Once Harper is more seasoned, he'll be outperforming Trout.

• Upvote 1

Mike fucking Trout. Dude is a human launching pad. He is capable of winning the triple crown. Expect him to be the next Matt Kemp without the defense.

Matt Kemp without the defense? Trout is already one of the best defensive CF in baseball.

Trout.

Advantage goes to him if he's getting into the opponents' head.

I think you're confusing reckless for aggressive. I remember a couple of weeks ago, Harper hit what looked to be a routine single, but saw the centerfielder dogging it a bit, and hustled it out for a double. It's rare to see that type of effort out of any player, especially one who is still a teenager.

Harper is the logical choice here. Has a higher ceiling than Trout. And Trout is putting up better numbers than Harper? No shit, Trout played in 40 games last year. Harper's only been getting his feet wet since late April. And there's really not a big discrepancy in stats, anyway.

Trout: .324 BA, 27 RBI, .382 OBP, .899 OPS

Harper: .294 BA, 19 RBI, .370 OBP, .893 OPS

Once Harper is more seasoned, he'll be outperforming Trout.

WAR is in favor of Trout 2.9 - 1.3 also. For what it's worth.

And maybe Harper's ceiling is higher, but that is saying A LOT about both of these guys talent level. It's not like Trout's ceiling is low. He's going to be one hell of a ball player for quite a while, I think.

They will both hit for a high average.

Harper will hit for more power later on down the line.

Harper has a stronger/better throwing arm from the outfield.

Trout will be a better base stealer.

Trout plays the more valuable defensive position.

IMO, Harper does not have a higher ceiling than Trout. They are both going to be special players. It depends on what you value.

Edited by Sarge

Harper because he has the potential to be a 40 HR per year guy, which is extremely rare. Trout's gonna be a hell of a player and hit for a high average and get on base a ton, probably make 12 all star games, I prefer Harper though.

Harper. I've seen him play in person twice and it's just ridiculous, the kid is playing great for just starting. His eye for the ball while fielding, his hitting can only get better. He's a power swinger who can run fast, it's the best combination you can have. If I'm starting a team, I'm going with Harper.