Milla4Prez63

Official NBA Offseason Thread

Harden had one very terrible series... I would still throw a ton of money at him if he agreed to shave the terrorist beard.

Harden had one very terrible series... I would still throw a ton of money at him if he agreed to shave the terrorist beard.

I really hope he does sometime soon. He looks a turban away from levitating in a cave.

• Upvote 1

Of course someone will give Harden max, shooters are always overpaid. Well any time you sign a FA, you can except to overpay for them. You can bet Eric Gordon will get a max deal that he really doesn't deserve because of his injuries, but someone, somewhere will do it.

I honestly don't think Gordon gets a max deal. He'll get 10M+ anually, but the injuries will keep him from getting the max. I think he ends up back in New Orleans, because they need to lock up the centerpiece of the CP3 trade.

Gordon is going to get a max deal, you can bank on that. Teams give tons of money to shooter, ala Rashard Lewis, Arenas.

I wonder what we will do with Gasol. Ive heard Memphis but idk why we would send him there. Houston wants him i say gimme Lowry and Scola and id make that trade. Scola is underrated and Lowry is getting better. Helps us at PG and we get back a reliable PF.

Gordon is going to get a max deal, you can bank on that. Teams give tons of money to shooter, ala Rashard Lewis, Arenas.

Gordon has injury concerns and hasn't shown that much yet. He is a RFA so most teams probably won't even bother. I expect him to re-sign in NOLA on a 10M anual kind of deal.

Also, Arenas got the max because he was a star at one point. He actually deserved it before the knee injuries. As for Rashard, well....Otis Smith isn't around anymore lol.

I wonder what we will do with Gasol. Ive heard Memphis but idk why we would send him there. Houston wants him i say gimme Lowry and Scola and id make that trade. Scola is underrated and Lowry is getting better. Helps us at PG and we get back a reliable PF.

That trade would be too good for Lakers..Lowry is a very good PG(way better than Sessions or any previous Lakers' PG) and Scola can do an awesome job on Gasol's position..

I don't see Houston trading Lowry for an aging soft Gasol lol.

I don't see Houston trading Lowry for an aging soft Gasol lol.

Exactly..I forgot to say that there are very small chances for that trade to happen..Lowry is Houston's key player and they won't give him away easily..

Maybe if Houston re-signs Dragic they would be willing to move Lowry, but they won't risk losing both of them IMO. Plus I was reading last year that Houston wanted Gasol so badly because they planned on signing Nene and having them team up in the frontcourt with Lowry running the point. I think they'd be more willing to make a move for a Dwight rental than go after Pau this offseason.

Maybe if Houston re-signs Dragic they would be willing to move Lowry, but they won't risk losing both of them IMO. Plus I was reading last year that Houston wanted Gasol so badly because they planned on signing Nene and having them team up in the frontcourt with Lowry running the point. I think they'd be more willing to make a move for a Dwight rental than go after Pau this offseason.

Houston will keep both Lowry and Dragic..

The Bulls want to give Omer Asik and Taj Gibson new deals, so they’re exploring ways to trade Luol Deng and/or Joakim Noah to teams that can send them a trade exception and a No. 1 pick.

http://www.blogabull.com/2012/6/23/3113733/the-bulls-want-to-give-omer-asik-and-taj-gibson-new-deals-so-theyre

The Chicago Bulls are strongly considering the idea of retooling their roster this offseason. In order to get out of some long-term salary obligations, the team is interested in moving Luol Deng and/or Joakim Noah for a high draft pick and a trade exception. Deng is owed about $28 million over the next two seasons, with Noah making nearly $50 million over the next four season. This is the second report stating that the Bulls are considering moving Luol Deng if they could acquire a high lottery pick.

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/23/bulls.looking.move.joakim.noah.andor.luol.deng.high.draft.pick.and.trade.exception

Noah is really making 50 mill over the next 4 seasons? Where they do that at...

Noah is way to valuable for them to dispense of. He's really an underrated paint player, very aggressive and always going all out making smart plays. Deng i wouldn't be surprised if they dumped him for a better pick, he doesn't seem to be as valuable. He stepped up while Rose was out, but when Rose is in there he doesn't really do much for them that someone else can't do. Hard to imagine Chicago breaking anything up though really, they've got a lot of talent and good chemistry with incredibly dominant defense. If they hold that crew together they can easily walk into the ECF for the next few years.

Hawks may hire Ferry as the GM? Good luck with that, he couldn't build a team for shit here. Luol Deng contract is awful, I don't think many teams would be willing to take him.

Yeah, it appears Ferry will take over as new GM of the Hawks. Philly went hard after him too. I don't get the interest, he pretty much ran LeBron out of Cleveland lol. I'm glad the Magic went with a young rising guy who worked in a good FO rather than some retread like Ferry or Jeff Bower.

He did run Lebron outta town. He brought some aging veterans in that no one else wanted. He couldve went after guys like Amare, but didn't wanna deal away Hickson :rolleyes:

Didn't Hickson just end up being traded for trash the next year? rofl

The Jamison trade was a good deal, it just didn't do much to end up putting them over the top.

lolJJHickson. Welcome to irrelevancy.

The Hawks have officially hired Danny Ferry as President of Basketball Operations and General Manager.

We noted on Sunday night that the team was on the verge of an agreement with Ferry, and this makes it official. He will take over for Rick Sund, and ESPN's Chris Broussard had reported that the two sides were working out a six-year deal.

lolHawks

Rumors and news from around the NBA as we close in on the draft:

-The Atlanta Hawks have hired former Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry as their new GM. He replaces Rick Sund who is expected to remain in Atlanta's front office with a smaller role.

-The Chicago Bulls have told Luol Deng that he will not be traded to the Golden State Warriors. Deng remains a candidate to be traded however. As does Joakim Noah.

-The Orlando Magic have fired assistant GM Dave Twardzik, scout Adonal Foyle and all other remaining front office members. Pistons' VP of Basketball Operations Scott Perry has been hired as Twardzik's replacemen for assistant GM under Rob Hennigan.

-Rumors of Steve Nash heading home to Canada to play for the Toronto Raptors appears to be picking up steam. The Raptors along with the Portland Trail Blazers and Phoenix Suns appear to be the favorites to sign Nash.

-Per ESPN's Marc Stein, free agent Deron Williams will likely choose between the Brooklyn Nets and Dallas Mavericks. The Indiana Pacers are expected to make a pitch, but are considered a long shot to land the All Star point guard.

-There is mutual interest between Boston Celtics' free agent guard Ray Allen and the Miami Heat. Allen is considered unlikely to return to Boston after helping the team win a championship in 2008.

-The Houston Rockets are pursuing trade opportunities to move into the top ten picks of the upcoming NBA Draft. Supposedly as ammo to land All Star center Dwight Howard in a trade with the Magic.

-New York Knicks guard J.R. Smith is expected to turn down his 2.4 million player option with hopes of working out a long term deal with the Knicks.

-The Charlotte Bobcats are supposedly very high on North Carolina's Harrison Barnes. But sources say the team is unlikely to select him with the 2nd pick on Thursday's draft.

-Ohio State forward Jared Sullinger has not been invited to the NBA Draft. Injury concerns have the two-time All American dropping down draft boards and possibly into the second round.

-The Milwaukee Bucks are looking to move up in Thursday's draft to target Connecticut center Andre Drummond and North Carolina forward John Henson. The Bucks currently hold the 12th pick.

gotta feel bad about Sullinger. damn. lol.

That means he'll be a steal wherever he goes.

-The Houston Rockets have traded Chase Budinger and the rights to Lior Eliyahu to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for the 18th pick in Thursday's draft.

-Milwaukee Bucks GM John Hammond downplayed rumors of wanting to move up in the draft. "We have done this over the last couple years. We've made a major trade at the draft," he said. "And to be honest with you, we're hoping not to do something like that."

-The Oklahoma City Thunder will have to send their 2nd round pick in the 2013 draft to the Boston Celtics for a "dispute over Jeff Green's medical condition."

-The Sacramento Kings are reportedly talking to the Rockets about a possible swap of Kyle Lowry and Tyreke Evans as well as draft picks. Houston is looking to stock up on assets to make a run at All Star center Dwight Howard.

-Dallas Mavericks' free agent point guard Jason Kidd has shown public interest in joining the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets.