Sign in to follow this  
butta54

2012 NBA Mock Draft

With the NBA draft coming up on Thursday I decided to put my first of three mock drafts before the big night. We all know there will be a bunch of trades that night so this will probably not be the actual order so this is without trades involved.

1.)New Orleans Hornets: Anthony Davis

2.)Charlotte Bobcats: Andre Drummond

3.)Washington Wizards: Bradley Beal

4.)Cleveland Cavaliers: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

5.)Sacramento Kings: Harrison Barnes

6.)Portland Trail Blazers: Damian Lillard

7.)Golden State Warriors: Thomas Robinson

8.)Toronto Raptors: Jeremy Lamb

9.)Detroit Pistons: Meyers Leonard

10.)New Orleans Hornets: John Henson

11.)Portland Trail Blazers: Tyler Zeller

12.)Milwaukee Bucks: Perry Jones III

13.)Phoenix Suns: Austin Rivers

14.)Houston Rockets: Dion Waiters

15.)Philadelphia 76ers: Jared Sullinger

16.)Houston Rockets: Arnett Moultrie

17.)Dallas Mavericks: Moe Harkless

18.)Minnesota Timberwolves: Terrence Ross

19.)Orlando Magic: Terrence Jones

20.)Denver Nuggets: Fab Melo

21.)Boston Celtics: John Jenkins

22.)Boston Celtics: Royce White

23.)Atlanta Hawks: Andrew Nicholson

24.)Cleveland Cavaliers: Festus Ezeli

25.)Memphis Grizzlies: Jeffrey Taylor

26.)Indiana Pacers: Will Barton

27.)Miami Heat: Draymond Green

28.)Oklahoma City Thunder: Marquis Teague

29.)Chicago Bulls: Quincy Miller

30.)Golden State Warriors: Evan Fournier

• Upvote 1

I'd be happy with MGK, he may not be worth that high of a pick. But he is a low risk player that plays outstanding D.

Do you have source material on every pick, or do you just have teams you don't know that well (like my Houston Rockets) selecting random players?

Do you have source material on every pick, or do you just have teams you don't know that well (like my Houston Rockets) selecting random players?

Houston Rockets want an inside defensive presence like a John Henson and since he is already mocked along with most of the high value bigs Moultrie fills that need, while not as big of a defensive talent as Henson or Davis he still has good size and length and blocks his share of shots. He also brings added depth to their post game and adds versatility being able to handle the ball and step outside the paint

Dion Waiters adds depth at the guard position which the Rockets have said they intend to let Courtney Lee go in free agency provided someone gives him an offer. SO with the best two guard on the board he makes sense to add to a team that is deep at the wing positions and thin at shooting guard.

Soooo...to answer your question yes I have source material, yes I know the players, and yes I know what the teams need. Maybe you should look closer at YOUR Rockets?

Edited by butta55

PJIII not going to the Pistons would make me uber sad. But getting a 7 footer to relieve Monroe of the C position so he can get back to being the greatest PF in the history of the NBA makes me happy. I'd be happy with Leonard.

I'd like Festus and White. Someone that can replace Pierce in a few years and a big man that can rebound and protect the basket.

I love the Celtics picks..John Jenkins is the one of the best shooters in the draft and Royce White is one of the players I'd really like to see in white 'n' green..

Pacers are projected to take Marcus Teague (hometown hero, actually).

It's impossible to do a mock draft right now. The rockets now have 3 first round picks and are trying to trade two of those to Sacramento for their 5th pick then trade the 5th/18th pick to Orlando for Howard. Tomorrow night is going to be ridiculously awesome. Also, I highly doubt the Bobcats will stay at #2, I think they'll make the mistake of trading it away.

Pacers are projected to take Marcus Teague (hometown hero, actually).It's impossible to do a mock draft right now. The rockets now have 3 first round picks and are trying to trade two of those to Sacramento for their 5th pick then trade the 5th/18th pick to Orlando for Howard. Tomorrow night is going to be ridiculously awesome. Also, I highly doubt the Bobcats will stay at #2, I think they'll make the mistake of trading it away.

The Rockets have two first round picks. The 18th pick is the Timberwolves. And that trade wouldn't be enough anyway. I think it is difficult to do a mock draft right now not impossible. As I said above there will be plenty of trades its just the nature of the NBA draft. But doing a mock draft is just looking at what a team needs and who they would take given the spot they are currently in. Not exactly done to predict the future.

Guest Phailadelphia

I like Marquis Teague but no way in hell is OKC picking him. They have too many guards on the roster already. They'll pick a SF to backup KD or a PF/C that can score the ball I imagine.

OKC wants another point guard behind Westbrook. I'm not sure Fisher will be returning and even if he is he won't be around that much longer. Maynor is still an option, but they want another scoring threat at the point coming of the bench. At this point in the draft there will be no bigs to go after.

Guest Phailadelphia

They have Maynor and Reggie Jackson to back up Westbrook, both of whom can score.

Reggie Jackson is more of a shooter than a scorer. Maynor is coming off injury and they want to make sure the position is stable

The Rockets have two first round picks. The 18th pick is the Timberwolves. And that trade wouldn't be enough anyway. I think it is difficult to do a mock draft right now not impossible. As I said above there will be plenty of trades its just the nature of the NBA draft. But doing a mock draft is just looking at what a team needs and who they would take given the spot they are currently in. Not exactly done to predict the future.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/8097233/minnesota-timberwolves-send-18th-pick-houston-rockets-sources-say

Reggie Jackson is more of a shooter than a scorer.

wut :blink:

Reggie Jackson is more of a shooter than a scorer. Maynor is coming off injury and they want to make sure the position is stable

What's the difference?

lol you sure you didnt get the positions of thomas robinson and andre drummond mixed up?

Guest Phailadelphia

Reggie Jackson is more of a shooter than a scorer.

Well that's not true at all.

And if OKC picks a PG they'll have 5 PGs on a roster of 14. That's too many considering their other needs.

The difference between a shooter and a scorer really? A scorer can get points in more ways that just shooting. Like Westbrook who can fill up the stat sheets with points, but you wouldn't call him a shooter because his shooting isn't exactly that consistent. Teague is a guy who can give you some scoring inside and out in the mold of most young point guards who are more scorers than passers. Reggie Jackson is not a scorer are you really going to justify that. If he was a real scorer he would not be a third PG. And Fisher is a free agent so it would only be four and I imagine they let Jackson go after Maynor recovers. Not just my opinion the draft talk about Thunder has been depth at PG position.

Ok didn't see the trade today yet, I still don't believe a deal gets done for Howard with just the picks. And again this just a mock draft not predicting the future. I doubt the top 8 stays at all the same on draft night.

lol you sure you didnt get the positions of thomas robinson and andre drummond mixed up?

Not at all. I don't think Jordan ever goes with conventional wisdom and I'm not sure he is sold on Robinson and some people aren't. Jordan wants size to go along with Biyombo and Drummond has plenty of it. If he gets Robinson he will have two shorter guys at the PF and C positions.

What's the difference?

Shooters tend to be guys who can get open off of screens, etc, and take jumpers quickly and consistently with accuracy. As well as they can take spot up jumers pretty easily, but they tend to struggle at creating their own shots. They are usually more effective with the ball out of their hands then in their hands. Think Ray Allen, and to a certain extent KD.

Scorers are guys like LBJ, Wade, Rose, Westbrook, etc, who tend to be more slashers and drivers who try to score by all means. And create plays for themselves.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Yikes. I just saw Drummond at 2. Come on man...

The difference between a shooter and a scorer really? A scorer can get points in more ways that just shooting. Like Westbrook who can fill up the stat sheets with points, but you wouldn't call him a shooter because his shooting isn't exactly that consistent. Teague is a guy who can give you some scoring inside and out in the mold of most young point guards who are more scorers than passers. Reggie Jackson is not a scorer are you really going to justify that. If he was a real scorer he would not be a third PG. And Fisher is a free agent so it would only be four and I imagine they let Jackson go after Maynor recovers. Not just my opinion the draft talk about Thunder has been depth at PG position.

Did you watch Jackson in college? He's a scorer.

I wasn't including Fisher. OKC has Westbrook, Maynor, Jackson, and Ivey on the roster. That's 4 PGs, and Harden runs the point frequently as well when Westbrook isn't in the game.

Edited by Phailadelphia

I've heard OKC may trade the pick for cash. Teams picking in the late first round usually do that to avoid adding salary for a guy they aren't high on.

The Thunder don't need a PG. Drafting one two years in a row makes so much sense, especially when they have Fisher, Maynor, and Ivey, like Phail mentioned.