Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Scola could be amnestied.

In order for Houston to trade for Dwight Howard, they may need to amnesty one of the most underrated players in the game: Luis Scola. He's a solid double double on most nights and can now and then top 20 and sometimes even 30. The question is--who signs Luis if this happens? Anybody got an ideas?

If he goes ring chasing, he might sign cheap somewhere, but I guess I just don't know.

Where do you folks think he goes?

Well being amnestied doesn't make him a total free agent. First, every team that is under the salary cap is allowed to place a bid on him and whoever bids the most gets him. If no one bids on him, then he will be a UFA.

I could see Minny going after him to back up KLove.

That could be a good fit. I think New Orleans could make sense for him too. More size to help Davis.

According to Woj, Scola has been gotten the amnesty axe.

I think he ends up in Dallas. They will likely claim either him or Elton Brand.

According to Woj, Scola has been gotten the amnesty axe.

I think he ends up in Dallas. They will likely claim either him or Elton Brand.

That choice is obvious. I don't think Scola's missed a single game in his career and I can't remember the last time Elton Brand played a full season.

David Aldridge: Asking around, not as much interest among uncapped teams for Scola bid as you'd think. Minimum bid is $3+ million in year one, $10M total. Twitter

they may need to amnesty one of the most underrated players in the game: Luis Scola. He's a solid double double on most nights and can now and then top 20 and sometimes even 30.

Uh, no. Luis Flopola is not good.

He'll probably turn into a ring chaser or go the complete opposite direction and sign with a terrible team for a ton of cash. He'll end up doing nothing special, 6th man on his best day.

Uh, no. Luis Flopola is not good.

He'll probably turn into a ring chaser or go the complete opposite direction and sign with a terrible team for a ton of cash. He'll end up doing nothing special, 6th man on his best day.

LOL. Do you even watch basketball if you think that?

Luis Scola is definitely one of the underrated guys in the NBA. He may not dazzle you, but he gets his. He contributes. Id take him off our bench.

I can't believe Houston couldn't find a trade market for him.

Mavs are going after him. Philly sucked it with Brand, i think he would be a solid pickup for them.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo. We are looking at a mostly new core of players, and the future is bright!! It would have been hard to imagine last season that the team would come together like this after the departure of Steve Nash....

Absolutely can not wait for the season!

I don't like what the Suns are doing personally, they are setting themselves up to live in mediocrityland for the near future. Best case scenario is the right to be a warmup for Oklahoma City or LA in the playoffs. I think they'd be better off just tanking to try and get a star to build around. But the Suns' owner has been called cheap in the past and he probably doesn't want to risk a decline in ticket sales for a tanking team.

I don't like what the Suns are doing personally, they are setting themselves up to live in mediocrityland for the near future. Best case scenario is the right to be a warmup for Oklahoma City or LA in the playoffs. I think they'd be better off just tanking to try and get a star to build around. But the Suns' owner has been called cheap in the past and he probably doesn't want to risk a decline in ticket sales for a tanking team.

Tanking is for idiots. And of course we are going to be mediocre.... We are ALWAYS mediocre.

With the way the NBA is, you almost HAVE to have a tank/crap season to get the players you need to win a title. The Sonics/Thunder were awful for years and got 3 great players out of it and are in position to win rings. If the Suns' goal is to just be competing for a playoff spot, good for them, but it is purgatory for most franchises. You aren't actually good enough to compete in the playoffs, but not bad enough to draft players to put you over the top. Like the Denver Nuggets, they've made the playoffs nine years in a row but have lost in the first round in eight of those years. Yikes.

This is why when the Magic trade Dwight (hopefully very soon) I hope we get picks, young players and cap space so we can get the worst part of rebuilding out of the way and start drafting players who can get us on track to compete for championships again.

With the way the NBA is, you almost HAVE to have a tank/crap season to get the players you need to win a title. The Sonics/Thunder were awful for years and got 3 great players out of it and are in position to win rings. If the Suns' goal is to just be competing for a playoff spot, good for them, but it is purgatory for most franchises. You aren't actually good enough to compete in the playoffs, but not bad enough to draft players to put you over the top. Like the Denver Nuggets, they've made the playoffs nine years in a row but have lost in the first round in eight of those years. Yikes.

This is why when the Magic trade Dwight (hopefully very soon) I hope we get picks, young players and cap space so we can get the worst part of rebuilding out of the way and start drafting players who can get us on track to compete for championships again.

Well we ( Lakers ) are meeting with the Magic about trade talks for Howard. We wouldnt give u Bynumat this point IMO. It would be a third team that takes Bynum and they give u the picks and cap relief.

Well we ( Lakers ) are meeting with the Magic about trade talks for Howard. We wouldnt give u Bynumat this point IMO. It would be a third team that takes Bynum and they give u the picks and cap relief.

If it is Houston, then cool. But fuck the Cavs rumored deal.