Vin

[Official] TGP Auction League

Actually, it'd be 11 PM, but yeah, eastern.

well shit, I was thinking 10 PM eastern, 11 gives me plenty of time to enjoy an evening before the auction

well shit, I was thinking 10 PM eastern, 11 gives me plenty of time to enjoy an evening before the auction

:yep:

As for our money amount for the auction, the default is $200, but it didn't seem like enough so I bumped it up $300. Is this all right? Do I need to increase it more? Should I have left it alone? Thoughts?

:yep:

As for our money amount for the auction, the default is $200, but it didn't seem like enough so I bumped it up $300. Is this all right? Do I need to increase it more? Should I have left it alone? Thoughts?

that completely changes the draft strategy, but as long as everyone starts with the same amount it doesn't really matter what the number is

16. (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, Flex, D/ST, K, and 7 bench spots)

Gonna be fun. I had $700 for a roster of 20. Shouldn't make much difference though

Just making sure I have the rules right... You get given a budget and then have to make your picks and keep within the budget

Edited by Romo

Just making sure I have the rules right... You get given a budget and then have to make your picks and keep within the budget

Basically, everyone has $300 to start the draft. Let's say I am #1 in the draft order and you are #2 in the draft order.

When the draft begins, and I am officially on the clock... I have to nominate ANY player in the league to be put up on the block. After I nominate a player, everyone has a chance to bid for that player. The highest bidder wins that player. Then you get to nominate a player, we bid, highest wins that player. And so on and so forth.

It's really fun because you have a shot at EVERY single player out there. Unlike your traditional format.

$300 sounds good to me...should be fun, can't wait!

Gonna be fun. I had $700 for a roster of 20. Shouldn't make much difference though

I didn't think $200 would be enough when the average cost of some of the top players is $60+. Not that $300 really makes it better, though.

$300 sounds good to me...should be fun, can't wait!

You gotta accept your invite first. <_>

Edited by Vin

I didn't think $200 would be enough when the average cost of some of the top players is $60+. Not that $300 really makes it better, though.

Ya... $200 for a roster of 16 is rough. $300 isn't much better, but we will get through it.

The amount of money isn't going to make any difference whatsoever.

The value of players is judged by the % of the money you have. If you give us $300 instead of $200, prices will simply increase by 50% over what they would have been if we had $200.

• Upvote 2

Basically, everyone has $300 to start the draft. Let's say I am #1 in the draft order and you are #2 in the draft order.

When the draft begins, and I am officially on the clock... I have to nominate ANY player in the league to be put up on the block. After I nominate a player, everyone has a chance to bid for that player. The highest bidder wins that player. Then you get to nominate a player, we bid, highest wins that player. And so on and so forth.

It's really fun because you have a shot at EVERY single player out there. Unlike your traditional format.

Right, I got it... no taking advantage of the fact i'll be sleep deprived! I don't want to wake up and find out I spent £200 on Kevin Kolb!

You gotta accept your invite first. <_<

Thanatos hit the nail on the head, so I'm going to quote him here then add my $.02

The amount of money isn't going to make any difference whatsoever.

The value of players is judged by the % of the money you have. If you give us $300 instead of $200, prices will simply increase by 50% over what they would have been if we had $200.

ESPN can project somebody to go for as much as they want, but he's going to cost how ever much the league decides he's worth. For example ESPN may value Tony Romo at $16 (actual projection from ESPN) but if nobody in the league wants him than somebody could get him for $4, on the other side if we have a few Cowboys fans who really want Romo he might end up costing $30, that's the fun part about an auction. One thing to keep in mind if we do increase the amount is that it will be critical that everybody either makes it to the draft or adjusts their values, otherwise people who are autopicking won't end up with anyone of value because the ESPN projections are based on a $200 budget.

You gotta accept your invite first. <_<

Oops, done :Banana:

• Upvote 1

Really hope we get a good turnout for this. If not we should nominate shitty players and let auto pickers bid on them.

I hate auto-drafted in auction leagues. So much more fun if you get everyone to join.

I hate auto-drafted in auction leagues. So much more fun if you get everyone to join.

Yeah auto-draft in an auction league totally works against the whole logic/fun of the thing...

This friday.... I've a little reminder on the calender in my room

Really hope we get a good turnout for this. If not we should nominate shitty players and let auto pickers bid on them.

thing is, unless they adjust the projections for autodrafting ESPN's values are based on a $200 budget, so if we go to $300 everyone's values increase so anyone autopicking will just get the players nobody else wants

DRAFT DAY!

OH YEAH!

DRAFT DAY!

OH YEAH!

320sw744520.gif

Oh yeah!!!!!!! LEGGOO

DRAFT IN ONE HOUR!

panic.gif