Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Preseason top 10 QBs (2012)

I mean... I don't disagree that he should play better... But competing A-Rod's production?

There are a few QBs that can compete A-Rod's production and Jay Cutler is certainly not one of them..

I'm not sure Ben is a top 3 QB going into the preseason but top 5 for sure..

Edited by housemd

Stop hyping up Jay Cutler, Bware. He's fucking terrible. You think he'll be able to get on Stafford AND Rodgers' level? El oh fucking el.

I think Cutler will see a markable improvement in production. You don't really need to be a good quarterback to get the ball to Brandon Marshall. And don't forget, Matt Forte is a dangerous weapon if he can stay healthy. I can see 10+ wins for the Bears.

But, you also have to remember... No matter how good the talent around him, he still LOVES to make stupid decisions and ill-advised throws. The INT will still be there.

Jay Cutler is from Vanderbilt. Based off that criteria alone, he cannot become an elite player.

• Upvote 1

I mean... I don't disagree that he should play better... But competing A-Rod's production?

I really don't expect 45 TDs from A-Rod again or 41 from Stafford. They'll both be mid 30s, probably, but teams have had an offseason to prepare to play them.

The biggest reason for the explosion in offensive stats last year was the lockout. I can understand if a few guys improve a little from this year to next year, but if the common trend isn't a decline, I'll eat my hat.

1. Aaron Rodgers- What can you say about the guy? He has the arm strength and accuracy to make any throw. He's one of the most mobile QB's in the league but he's still a great pocket passer who know's how to avoid pressure by shuffling in the pocket or bootlegging it out or just tucking and running with it, but it's his intelligence that truly makes him as great as he is.

2. Drew Brees- Probably the most accurate passer in the league. The guy has had 2 5,000 yard passing years and one of them he didn't even have a 1000 yard WR. He's been excellent in the clutch as well for the most part.

3. Ben Roethlisberger- Sure he doesn't have the numbers some of these other guys have, but if you were to ask me who I want leading my team down by a TD in a big game with a minute on the clock, I'll take Roethlisberger.

4.Tom Brady- I hate him, but he's damn good. You can't deny it. He's got 3 rings and he's been to 5 Super Bowls. Not many QB's can say that and oh yeah, he's also the single season leader for TD passes. I've said his gaudy stats are less impressive to me because of the system he's in and I stick by that but it doesn't take away the fact that he's a first ballot hall of famer and deservedly so.

5. Eli Manning- You have to give him credit. This year he was probably the second best QB in the league but the other guys have been more consistent. Eli playing behind a bad offensive line, a defense that was unimpressive in the regular season and suffered through all kinds of injuries at the skill positions and managed to pass for nearly 5,000 yards on the way to a division and Super bowl championship

6. Phillip Rivers- Honestly if the Chargers would have fired Norv Turner 2 years ago the Chargers might be on their way to a Super Bowl win. Rivers is that good and even though he had a down year last year what we consider a down year for him would be a career year for some. Get this man a decent HC and a defense and look out

7. Tony Romo- A lot of people hate Tony Romo. A lot of people say he hasn't won anything. That may be true, but then how can you justify ranking Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco over Romo? Some of it has been him. Some of it has been the coaches and some of it has been his team. Until he stays healthy and makes a good post season run though he can't break the top 5. Not in my book

8. Matt Schaub- The Texans are such a young franchise. It's hard to guage Schaub's success for failure's based on playoff appearances because it just takes a long time to take an expansion and turn them into a contender. The one knock on Schaub is his injury history, which is legitimate but he's been extremely consistent when he's been on the field since he arrived in Houston

9. Matt Stafford- He's been steadily improving as have the Lions since he was drafted in '08. A lot of people have been declaring him a bust since before he was even drafted but he's turned out to be everthing that he was talked up as being. The guy has absolutely one of, if not the best arm in the league and a lot of room to grow.

10. Matt Ryan- Hate putting him in the top ten but of the QB's left I think he's got to be the guy. You can look at his spotty playoff record but Jay Cutler hasn't even really ever played in the playoffs and his regular season stats are better pretty much across the board.

• Upvote 1

I really don't expect 45 TDs from A-Rod again or 41 from Stafford. They'll both be mid 30s, probably, but teams have had an offseason to prepare to play them.

To be honest you really cant prepare for Rodgers. He is mobile and stupid accurate, while being able to make any throw on the field. The only thing you can hope to do is slow down ALL of his receivers. Good Luck!

3. Ben Roethlisberger- Sure he doesn't have the numbers some of these other guys have, but if you were to ask me who I want leading my team down by a TD in a big game with a minute on the clock, I'll take Roethlisberger.

I also think he is top 3. I think your top 4 is spot on.

10. Matt Ryan- Hate putting him in the top ten but of the QB's left I think he's got to be the guy. You can look at his spotty playoff record but Jay Cutler hasn't even really ever played in the playoffs and his regular season stats are better pretty much across the board.

To be fair to Cutler, I'm trying to think of a time when Matt Ryan actually played in a playoff game, too.

Edited by BwareDWare94

To be fair to Cutler, I'm trying to think of a time when Matt Ryan actually played in a playoff game, too.

He's been to the playoffs 3 out of his first 4 seasons. Granted he was one and done and played like shit each trip to the post season, but at least he's made it. He's been very efficient and effective in the regular season for the most part though and takes a lot better care of the football than Cutler. Again, I don't like putting Ryan in the top ten but the rest of the guys in consideration for the spot all have pretty weak cases. I'd maybe even put Vick in the top ten before Cutler at this point and Flacco? Don't make me laugh lol

and Flacco? Don't make me laugh lol

Not sure what your hate on him i sfor. You act like he is total dog shit.

He's been to the playoffs 3 out of his first 4 seasons. Granted he was one and done and played like shit each trip to the post season, but at least he's made it. He's been very efficient and effective in the regular season for the most part though and takes a lot better care of the football than Cutler. Again, I don't like putting Ryan in the top ten but the rest of the guys in consideration for the spot all have pretty weak cases. I'd maybe even put Vick in the top ten before Cutler at this point and Flacco? Don't make me laugh lol

I'll take Flacco over Matt Ryan any day of the week. It's Joe Flacco who just outplayed Tom Brady in the AFCCG.

I'll take Flacco over Matt Ryan any day of the week. It's Joe Flacco who just outplayed Tom Brady in the AFCCG.

I don't think it's as simple as that. I think the Ravens defense played pretty damn well too. Lets not forget how shitty that Pats defense was all year. Anyone who would take Flacco over Ryan is nuts. Ryan might not be the greatest QB in the world, but Flacco is basically pretty consistently horrible with flashes of good to brilliant play. Matt Ryan has some shitty games, but for the most part he usually plays well and he has his moments of brilliance too.

• Upvote 1

Not sure what your hate on him i sfor. You act like he is total dog shit.

He's one of the very worst starting QB's in the league. He's got a strong arm and literally NOTHING else.

He's one of the very worst starting QB's in the league. He's got a strong arm and literally NOTHING else.

you sir are crazy.

you sir are crazy.

You sir, are wearing Purple Shaded Glasses.

You sir, are wearing Purple Shaded Glasses.

Not really.

I would take him over Kolb, Fitzpatrick, Ponder, Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson, Matt Cassel, Whoever the browns or Dolphins start, Jake Locker, Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, and a few others so how is that shaded ?

I don't think it's as simple as that. I think the Ravens defense played pretty damn well too. Lets not forget how shitty that Pats defense was all year. Anyone who would take Flacco over Ryan is nuts. Ryan might not be the greatest QB in the world, but Flacco is basically pretty consistently horrible with flashes of good to brilliant play. Matt Ryan has some shitty games, but for the most part he usually plays well and he has his moments of brilliance too.

This. Pretty much every QB tossed a gem against the Pats dog shit defense last season... including Dan fucking Orlovsky who was 30/37, 353 yards, 2 TDs, and a 113.2 QB rating against NE in December. Flacco is still nothing more than a glorified game manager. Let's not act like he's on the cusp of greatness if he got an improved OC.

Oh mah gawd... Joe Flacco put up better stats against the worst fucking defense in the league rather than Tom Brady who faced an elite defense in the Ravens!?!?

tumblr_m799iylK2Q1rx6ay1o1_250.jpg

This. Pretty much every QB tossed a gem against the Pats dog shit defense last season... including Dan fucking Orlovsky who was 30/37, 353 yards, 2 TDs, and a 113.2 QB rating against NE in December. Flacco is still nothing more than a glorified game manager. Let's not act like he's on the cusp of greatness if he got an improved OC.

Oh mah gawd... Joe Flacco put up better stats against the worst fucking defense in the league rather than Tom Brady who faced an elite defense in the Ravens!?!?

tumblr_m799iylK2Q1rx6ay1o1_250.jpg

This is true. The Pats defense is not really something you should be impressed if you shred.

That said 1:00 minute on the clock, against the steelers defense, driving 90 or 92 yards with receivers dropping. That is a bit more than a game manager. And do not act like that is the only time it has happened.

Not really.

I would take him over Kolb, Fitzpatrick, Ponder, Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson, Matt Cassel, Whoever the browns or Dolphins start, Jake Locker, Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, and a few others so how is that shaded ?

I would take Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith, POSSIBLY Tannehill and Locker and I'd think about Palmer all before Flacco. Hell, you switch Colt McCoy with Flacco and he probably outshines Flacco.

Flacco is below average in EVERY statistical category. Yards, Yards per attempt, completion percentage, TD/INT ratio and he fumbles as much as any QB in the league. He is abysmal.

I would take Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith, POSSIBLY Tannehill and Locker and I'd think about Palmer all before Flacco. Hell, you switch Colt McCoy with Flacco and he probably outshines Flacco.

Flacco is below average in EVERY statistical category. Yards, Yards per attempt, completion percentage, TD/INT ratio and he fumbles as much as any QB in the league. He is abysmal.

He is middle of the road in all of those. Never said he was great, but he is not in the bottom third like you seem to think.

He is middle of the road in all of those. Never said he was great, but he is not in the bottom third like you seem to think.

22nd in ypa. He's 12th in yards only because most of the guys below him didn't start all 16 games he's 13th in TD's for the same reason.

Let's compare his QB rating to some of the guys you would take him over.

Flacco- 80.9

Kolb- 81.1

Moore- 87.1

Fitzpatrick 79.1

Smith 90.7

Palmer 80.5

Flacco is a fucking SCRUB. When you start comparing the guy to these guys above, it's pretty clear he doesn't belong anywhere near any top ten list. Unless we're talking about top ten NFL players who look like they could have slight cases of autism.

Not really.

I'd take Alex Smith over Flacco any time..