Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

RNC Doing Everything To Stop Ron Paul

I am sure most of you, by now, have been following all the chaos happening in Maine. What a joke. This video makes me ill.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2

This is just plain disgusting. Democrats in a Republican suit.

I'm willing to put up with 4 more years of Obama just to see Romney get his ass handed to him.

I'm kind of disappointed in Paul for compromising with those bastards, give him all of his rightfully won delegates or fuck off. He would have been fucked over either way though. Take what you can I suppose.

Then all the media headlines: Ron Paul gains 17 delegates.

Fuck you. How about... Ron Paul lost 10 delegates to corrupt RNC.

So this years endgame is a video tribute. Shit pisses me off. God forbid a 10 minute speech.

Disgraceful. And who pays for these corrupt private organizations? If you guessed taxpayers you are correct.

:disgust:

Guest Phailadelphia

Republicans getting screwed by their own party...lol.

• Upvote 1

Republicans getting screwed by their own party...lol.

We're used to it by now.

Wow. Just wow.

Gotta keep up those appearances.

Good. I'm glad they're doing this. More strife among the party might lead to a split in the republicans between the true conservatives and the democrats that hate social equality.

• Upvote 1

Chaos in the Republican Party! Reminds me (somewhat) of the shit that the Democrats went through in '08 before Obama emerged as the nominee. Except in this case, the Republicans are going to pay for their chaos (and other things) and lose the general election. And they're going to deserve it.

Ron Paul emerged on the floor of the RNC and chants of "Ron Paul" and "Let Him Speak" broke out.

I think it's clear who the people (at least the people there and the delegates there) want to represent their party.

Ron Paul emerged on the floor of the RNC and chants of "Ron Paul" and "Let Him Speak" broke out.

I think it's clear who the people (at least the people there and the delegates there) want to represent their party.

Ron Paul isn't a yes man. He has no chance of ever winning the Republican nomination. It's pretty clear that the Republican's will do anything in their power to stop that from happening as evidenced by the video in the OP. After the Supreme Court's ruling in the Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission case there will not be a legitimate presidential candidate until that case is reversed.

Ron Paul has a strong following, but I don't think most of the Republicans want Paul representing their party.

It's a slow process. Rand will continue what his father started, except he is willing to play the game that goes with being a politician. We will come to the point when Americans aren't so ignorant of the veil cast over their eyes.. .

One day.

Id say its clear that Paul's supporters are more vocal. Probably nothing else.

• Upvote 1

Id say its clear that Paul's supporters are more vocal. Probably nothing else.

I'd go further than that. Not sure if you have ever talked to your peers about politics, but most young people these days are dumb shits. They just don't care. Those who do, more times than not, are Ron Paul supporters.

Their smarter, more informed, more involved, etc

Whether you agree with his politics or not, the movement he has created, especially amongst our young people, is miraculous. Starting 30 years somewhere, everyone just stopped caring about politics. That's carried onto their children, and their grand children.

That cycle is beginning to get snapped, and it is indeed glorious.

First of all, fuck you with that "they younger generation are idiots" crap. I've already gone over that in the social media thread though so no need to rehash that.

Second of all, yeah Paul is more popular with the younger generation, but the youth is not the party. The youth makes up a distinct minority of the country.

First of all, fuck you with that "they younger generation are idiots" crap. I've already gone over that in the social media thread though so no need to rehash that.

Second of all, yeah Paul is more popular with the younger generation, but the youth is not the party. The youth makes up a distinct minority of the country.

They are idiots. Look around bro. Going through high school, I would look to my left... Look to my right... and just face palm. A bunch of morons. Everywhere.

And again, it didn't start with our generation. It's been going on since the generation before ours. 30-40 years ago.

We're slowly breaking that trend, and a big reason is because Ron Paul incites a lot more political action from young people than any other candidate.

That isn't to say that Romney and Obama lack younger supporters... But the numbers for Paul are much larger, and as stated previously, they are usually much more intelligent and "in the know" politically.

Guest Phailadelphia

That's a symptom of most Ron Paul supporters unfortunately. I've found they're the only political following more smug than snobby liberals.

That's a symptom of most Ron Paul supporters unfortunately. I've found they're the only political following more smug than snobby liberals.

Oh please... As I said to Blots. Look around. Just because you are, somewhat, in the know.. Just because you work for some liberal rag school paper doesn't make you the rule. You are very clearly the exception.

Most kids (young adults) just don't care about politics. They couldn't tell you about the economy or foreign affairs or legislation like No Child Left Behind and I could go on and on and on.

It's not everyone... And I think the people who talk in this section are fairly educated on the subjects at least. But in general... Young people do not care. It's getting better. The trend is positive and upwards. But there is a lot of work to be done to undo 30 years of giving no shits.

Favre, man, it's not "just" the young people.

It's *everyone*. This is not a generational issue, this is a people issue. Most of all Americans, be they 18 and just about to vote for the first time, or 88, and voting for likely the last time, have no clue about the issues or even what the candidates stand for.

My grandma is convinced Obama is a Muslim because Fox News told her so. The older folk are completely swayed by what media they watch, the generation of my parents is swayed by what media they watch, and our generation is swayed by what they read online.

3/4 of all supporters of all candidates are complete imbeciles when it comes to politics.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I think some of the people who don't care about politics and have no interest in it are smarter than the people who actually believe that Barrack Obama or Mit Romney are going to try and make this country better. Both of them are slaves to their multi-billion dollar election campaigns. One thing is for sure. Whether it be Romney or Obama, the American people lose. That's just the sad reality of the situation.

• Upvote 2

Favre, man, it's not "just" the young people.

It's *everyone*. This is not a generational issue, this is a people issue. Most of all Americans, be they 18 and just about to vote for the first time, or 88, and voting for likely the last time, have no clue about the issues or even what the candidates stand for.

My grandma is convinced Obama is a Muslim because Fox News told her so. The older folk are completely swayed by what media they watch, the generation of my parents is swayed by what media they watch, and our generation is swayed by what they read online.

3/4 of all supporters of all candidates are complete imbeciles when it comes to politics.

Ehh... Yes and No.

You are right in the fact that a lot of people are at least somewhat ignorant of the issues. Many vote on strict party affiliation, or a bunch of empty promises made during a campaign, or even vote based on how personable a candidate appears -- something Romney lacks, and a factor in Obamas eventual reelection (IMO).

I don't agree that the problem, across all generations, is the lack of caring. Just because you aren't informed doesn't necessarily mean that you don't care.

The older generations most definitely care in most cases (or more so, anyway). I see just as many 65+ as I do >24 people at the Ron and Rand Paul rallies and then at the caucus. I think there is a complete attitude change with the age group in between. From about 30-50 ish. Give or take a couple years, I think they just genuinely don't care. They want nothing to do with politics or making an effort to positively effect this country.

Now, obviously... My little part of the country is a small sample size, but I do believe that's just how it is.

Honestly, I think some of the people who don't care about politics and have no interest in it are smarter than the people who actually believe that Barrack Obama or Mit Romney are going to try and make this country better. Both of them are slaves to their multi-billion dollar election campaigns. One thing is for sure. Whether it be Romney or Obama, the American people lose. That's just the sad reality of the situation.

253082_10151119040768459_689541511_n.jpg

I run into plenty of Ron Paul supporters that are morons. And when they are, they are the most annoying supporters of any candidate, since they are basically complete snobs that basically believe anyone who isn't supporting RP is a complete moron, and it comes through in their words and deeds; a lot moreso than other supporters.

Now that said, I do see that it seems like more of RP's supporters know what they are talking about, but a majority of them definitely don't.

Even though it's not enough to make me vote for Romney, the Clint Eastwood/Marco Rubio/Mitt Romney speech combination last night was epic. Especially Eastwood owning the shit out of Obama.

Marco Rubio=Republican version of Obama. He's going to sell out just the rest of them. Especially with all the money on the line in the Presidential Election.