How good (or bad) is Joe Flacco

40 members have voted

1. 1. How good (or bad) is Joe Flacco

• top 10 talent
    • decent
    • average
    • below average
    • poor

I completely agree with you on surrounding Stafford with talent. And as for what Farve said, I'm not completely sure that the offense hasn't been condusive to what you see from Stafford. (In terms of stupid plays and what not) I mean, at some point the offense needs to stop trying to go down field when they have the lead. You don't see that much from the Lions. They have a 'New england patriots' mentality, if you will, where they want to just keep scoring. They aren't that team. When they get a lead, they need to keep trying to go downfield, but in different mannors. You can't do what every one expects you to do.

That all comes up to weapons. Stafford does not have the O line, The WR's, The TE's or the running game Brady has. It is simple ot say run it more, but with who? Megatron is their only receiver. Brady has a bevy at his disposal from lloyd to welker to gronk.hernandez, and if he chooses he can hand it off to Ridley/Vereen. Stafford does not have that option.

Joique Bell was a nice surprise. Not saying he is as talented as some of the other backs around the league, but he did some nice things when given the opportunity. LeShoure was kind of underwhelming, but maybe only because he was so damn inconsistent. He had his moments...

The Lions could have a running game if they wanted.

Joique Bell was a nice surprise. Not saying he is as talented as some of the other backs around the league, but he did some nice things when given the opportunity. LeShoure was kind of underwhelming, but maybe only because he was so damn inconsistent. He had his moments...

The Lions could have a running game if they wanted.

82 carries is not really enough for me to say he is or is not. And they are going to need an o line for that to work.

Well, that's part of the problem. How can we say how awful they are when they aren't even trying to run the ball?

If you saw in practice that you had a legit run game and you were up why would you not run it out ?

We will see how good Flacco is without Boldin this year. Anyone think he will progress with a full season with Jim Caldwell as OC or regress without his play off life line Anquan Boldin?

I like the guy. He has been inconsistent at times but so what. Dude makes the playoffs every year and was BOSS in the postseason. People make so many excuses for why Flacco kicked butt in the playoffs and seem even bitter about it at times.

If Manning/Brady or heck even Rodgers had a postseason run like Joe did then some would be screaming from the roof tops that it just further cements their elite status and legacy as the best.

Joe just wasn't the QB many wanted to be "the man" this recent postseason but it happened....

Good for him. I hope he proves doubters wrong this year!

I'll take the Super Bowl MVP with a 117 rating in the playoffs over most of the QB's in the league any day.

That more clutch shit is debatable.

And it is hilarious because people knock Flacco saying Boldin was the offense and he was 1/3 of our passing game.

Yet they forget some of the most ridiculous catches in SB history were made by Giants receivers.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

That more clutch shit is debatable.

And it is hilarious because people knock Flacco saying Boldin was the offense and he was 1/3 of our passing game.

Yet they forget some of the most ridiculous catches in SB history were made by Giants receivers.

The pass to Manningham was a great throw and catch. David Tyree's was a heave and awesome catch. But what Eli did to avoid the pass rush and sack before the throw was awesome.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

I'm still having a tough time with this I suppose. What Flacco did in the post season was unreal. There were some passes completed that when you look back on them were more or less lucky, but that happens with every quarterback. Every quarterback in the NFL wishes to show up in the playoffs like Joe Flacco did last season. I've got to say though, I'm still a big fat NO on the "Elite" deal. I'm not a fan of the elite title, but if you've got to use it, how can a guy who completes only 59% of his passes in the regular season be considered an elite quarterback in the NFL? That just doesn't make sense and it's pretty odd.

If he can show up this coming season and perform in the same way, he will have me under the "believers" list.

As for the Eli Manning debate, I can see how someone would rate him higher given their careers, but if you think he will sustain the recent postseason success with Caldwell as the OC (which is very debateable, especially on these forums) I'd say Flacco every time.

I'd call Flacco and the lesser Manning a coin flip, and would probably have said the same before the playoffs, I really didn't see anything this postseason that changed my opinion on Flacco

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I don't really see how you can distinguish between the two.

He's a winner, that's pretty much all I can say about him. His playoff run last year was amazing.