Vin

Ravens @ Eagles

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I know Ryans is great, but Mychal Kendricks man...he played a huge role in stopping Ray Rice in the pass game, and he was all over the field today.

And as long as we're talking about promising young players on defense, Brandon Boykin looks pretty damn good as well.

:yeahthat:

Kendricks has been my self proclaimed prodigy since before the preseason. I forgot to mention Boykins who had a hell of a game and some key break ups. Nate Allen was also a quiet unsung hero in this one. He definitely is stepping it up big time; great tackling and coverage. Kurt Coleman is our glaring hole right now being so inconsistent in coverage. He allowed some big plays against Rice; one play when he was blitzing and ran back to try and cover Rice after Rice got behind him which resulted in Rices longest pass play of the game. I would love for David Simms to get more reps in practice.

Don't underestimate what it means to have a veteran like Ryans in the middle leading our defense and making sure everybody is in the right spot. That and he doesn't get caught up in the wash like our young LB's did last year. Kendricks athleticism jumps out and he's looked great but it can't be understated the impact that Ryans has had on our defense thus far.

• Upvote 1

We aren't a mediocre team, just inconsistent but still dangerous. Your Cowboys are looking quite mediocre right now though only scoring 7 points. :yep:

As long as Michael Vick is your quarterback, you will be mediocre as a whole. The rest of the team? Goddamn. At QB? Oh, wow. And that contract? Yikes.

As long as Michael Vick is your quarterback, you will be mediocre as a whole. The rest of the team? Goddamn. At QB? Oh, wow. And that contract? Yikes.

Well when Tony Romo ever does anything impressive outside the regular season (not including the choke games), let me know.

Edited by dutchff7

Not a problem. We have Nick Foles waiting in the wings. :p

Well when Tony Romo ever does anything impressive outside the regular season (not including the choke games), let me know.

Can of worms=open.

:troll:

Not a problem. We have Nick Foles waiting in the wings. :p

You guys might as well start playing him now so that when the Cardinals fall to 6-10 they'll trade you the farm for him and suck for the rest of eternity.

• Upvote 1

Don't underestimate what it means to have a veteran like Ryans in the middle leading our defense and making sure everybody is in the right spot. That and he doesn't get caught up in the wash like our young LB's did last year. Kendricks athleticism jumps out and he's looked great but it can't be understated the impact that Ryans has had on our defense thus far.

Yeah, we are so lucky to have a leader like DeMeco help develop Mychal Kendricks and Ryans definitely is glue in our LB core. He's been an immediate impact player and is prime to having a pro bowl season.

:Eagles: 2-0

All other NFC East Teams: 1-1

Michael Vick's contract is actually great for the Eagles. They can cut him after this year and have another 3 million dollars giving us over 30 million to play with next year and we also have an out in Jackson's contract in 2 years. The Eagles have done a great job in all their contracts pretty much since Reid has been here.

This game was just a disaster, especially the officiating. Eagles figured us out and outplayed us. I'll take the loss and hopefully we can recover and win next week. Flacco looked pretty bad in the second half, apparently he had a rib injury. Defense was not aggressive enough. Problems all around that need to be fixed.

This game was just a disaster, especially the officiating. Eagles figured us out and outplayed us. I'll take the loss and hopefully we can recover and win next week. Flacco looked pretty bad in the second half, apparently he had a rib injury. Defense was not aggressive enough. Problems all around that need to be fixed.

I felt that you guys messed up in the second half on both sides of the ball. Offensively, you should have stuck with Rice a little more and kept a balanced attack; defensively, you should have kept the blitzes coming to prevent Vick from settling down. Just my $0.02, though.

Mike Vick with another 3 turnovers and the Eagles still win... I dunno if I should call them a luck box and tell them that they suck... Or if they really are just that good that they can overcome a ton of mistakes.

Either way, it's working... For now.

Really disappointed in this Ravens team. If the turnovers didn't happen, I fully expect the Eagles to give them a game.. But if the Eagles give the ball away 4 times, I expect the Ravens to win by 10+.

Mike Vick with another 3 turnovers and the Eagles still win... I dunno if I should call them a luck box and tell them that they suck... Or if they really are just that good that they can overcome a ton of mistakes.

Either way, it's working... For now.

Really disappointed in this Ravens team. If the turnovers didn't happen, I fully expect the Eagles to give them a game.. But if the Eagles give the ball away 4 times, I expect the Ravens to win by 10+.

I give majority of the credit to our defense. OUr defense kept us in the game. After our offensive turnovers, our defense stood tall and didn't allow our team to fall far behind like it could have after disasterous turnovers.

Summary of key points in the game.

Vick throws interception in the redzone 1st drive.

Trent Cole forces a sack fumble. turnover

McCoy Scores 7-0 eagles 7 points off turnover

Vonta Leach scores. 7-7

Ravens fail 4th down fake punt; turnover on downs: ST defense

Vick Fumbles turnover.

Flacco to Jacoby FOrd TD. 14-7 Ravens 7 points off turnover

Ravens 3 and out

LeSean McCoy fumbles redzone, turnover.

Ravens Tucker 56 field goal 17-7 Ravens 3 points off turnover

Halftime

Ravens interception DeMeco Ryans

Vick to Maclin TD 14-17 Ravens 7 points off turnover

Ravens 3 and out

Eagles kicker Henery FG 17-17

Vick interception Ed Reed

DeMeco Ryans sack on 3rd down

Ravens Tucker 51 yd FG 20-17 Ravens 3 points off turnover

Ravens Tucker 48 FG 23-17 Ravens

Eagles 4:43 Vick drives for a TD 1:57 left 24-23 Eagles

Ravens 1:57- Completed two first downs and a Nnamdi Asomugha Illegal Contact penalty fresh set of downs. Flacco 3 incomplete passes. 4th down, eagles D-line gets immediate and intense pressure, Flacco throws to Ray Rice with our Rookie Mychal Kendricks in coverage; incomplete. Game Over. Joe Flacco was 2/7 and their offense never got past the 50 yard line. Joe Flacco was 8/25 for 140 yards and 0 TDs offensively in the 2nd half.

Our defense made KEY stops and turnovers in the game when the Ravens had the opportunity to get a large lead. Out of our 4 offensive turn overs, our defense held the Ravens to 1 TD and just only 2 FGs and countered a turn over with a turnover. While the Ravens were ahead while our offense struggled to get any rhtyhm going on, our defense forced a good amount of 3 and outs to keep the game grounded. Credit to our offense though making plays when we needed them. Our offense capitalized to the fullest off our two defensive turnovers putting two TDs on the board; 14 points and with Vick driving us up the field 81 yards for the game winning TDs. So our offense capitalize and scored when it was important but our defense no doubt kept us in the game. All we have to do is clean up the turn overs on offense and I believe we would be just fine. Our defense played great shutting out the ravens receivers (besides for Jacoby jones 1 td catch and Torrey Smiths 1 40 yard bomb). Our defense held the Ravens to 4/14 on 3rd down and 0-2 on 4th down. I think we have makings of becoming a "dominate" defense. The defense is the foundation of our team. If / when our offense cleans up the turnovers, watch out.

Edited by dutchff7