housemd

NFC North Power Rankings

1. :Packers: They beat their biggest rival in an impressive way,showing the nation they're still one of the best in the league despite losing to the 49ers at Lambeau..Rodgers and Nelson have a great chemistry and we'll see many Rodgers' passes going towards Jordy in the upcoming games..

2. :Bears: Ok,they've lost to the Pack but I'm not giving up on them yet..Jay Cutler may have struggled but I think he'll get it going starting next week against the Rams..Brandon Marshall wasn't that impressive but he should improve a lot as he could become the focal point of this offense with Matt Forte suffering an ankle sprain..

3. :Lions: I was thinking a lot about putting them at #2 but I simply couldn't..Matt Stafford isn't even that close to the last season's game level..Kevin Smith is a big surprise and if he continues running the ball like he did in week 1,the Lions will get a lot better..

4. :Vikings: They were so close to being 2-0 but the "old" man Vinatieri sent them home with a loss..AP is back but the question is if he can keep running like he did in week 1..Percy Harvin was outstanding last week but we should see if that calf's going to cause him some problems..

:Packers:

:Lions:

:Bears:

:Vikings:

I really wanted to put the Bears last.

I really wish I could put the Vikings higher on the list but I cant. We are just so young, lack talent at some skill positions and have suspect coaching.

I really wish I could put the Vikings higher on the list but I cant. We are just so young, lack talent at some skill positions and have suspect coaching.

Have to agree, vikes won't move up until they lift up there skirt and try to throw the ball more then 12 yards down the field. Oh..and is a turnover too much to ask for?

Have to agree, vikes won't move up until they lift up there skirt and try to throw the ball more then 12 yards down the field. Oh..and is a turnover too much to ask for?

I feel like I haven't seen the Vikings get an interception since we had Darren Sharper.

I feel like I haven't seen the Vikings get an interception since we had Darren Sharper.

Ever since we went to a cover 2 scheme, the interceptions have evaporated.

Is there any option but to put the Vikes at the top if the Pack loses tomorrow? I know the Bears beat the one team Minnesota lost to, but Chicago hasn't beaten a good team yet.

Minnesota beat the best team in football, while the Packers lost to them.

Is there any option but to put the Vikes at the top if the Pack loses tomorrow? I know the Bears beat the one team Minnesota lost to, but Chicago hasn't beaten a good team yet.

Yeah there is and that's to keep them at 2nd or 3rd until they can do that in other weeks.

The whole idea is power rankings is to analyze what a team has done in the past weeks, what they did this latest week, and what you think they are capable of.

You can't decide what they're capable of after only one game it's not enough information to work on.

I only say this because you seem keen to shoot a team up in rankings when they have a really good game, when that isn't how it should be.

It'd be like declaring Carson Palmer a top 5 quarterback because of his performance this week.

Edited by badgers

Yeah there is and that's to keep them at 2nd or 3rd until they can do that in other weeks.

The whole idea is power rankings is to analyze what a team has done in the past weeks, what they did this latest week, and what you think they are capable of.

You can't decide what they're capable of after only one game it's not enough information to work on.

I only say this because you seem keen to shoot a team up in rankings when they have a really good game, when that isn't how it should be.

It'd be like declaring Carson Palmer a top 5 quarterback because of his performance this week.

Hang on a second, mang. I intend to rank Minnesota outside of the top 10 this week, but they're going to find themselves in the top 15, for sure. Think about what I said for a second, if Green Bay loses tonight and end up under .500, are y'all still going to rank them ahead of Minnesota after week 3? That's just it, this is week 3. Beating Chicago is not more impressive than beating San Francisco. Is beating Chicago and Seattle more impressive than San Fran and Jacksonville? Damn right.

If the records after tonight look like this: Minny (2-1), Chicago (2-1), Green Bay (1-2), and Detroit (1-2), we essentially have to give the Vikings the nod for now because their two wins are significantly more impressive than Chicago's two wins. Chicago hasn't beaten a quality team yet.

That's all I was presenting. I wasn't saying the Vikes will be the better team. I know they have to prove it in consecutive weeks, but come on. A dominant double digit win against the team that will probably still be at #1 in this week's rankings (not sold on the 3-0 teams yet) has got to vault them for the time being.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Hang on a second, mang. I intend to rank Minnesota outside of the top 10 this week, but they're going to find themselves in the top 15, for sure. Think about what I said for a second, if Green Bay loses tonight and end up under .500, are y'all still going to rank them ahead of Minnesota after week 3? That's just it, this is week 3. Beating Chicago is not more impressive than beating San Francisco. Is beating Chicago and Seattle more impressive than San Fran and Jacksonville? Damn right.

If the records after tonight look like this: Minny (2-1), Chicago (2-1), Green Bay (1-2), and Detroit (1-2), we essentially have to give the Vikings the nod for now because their two wins are significantly more impressive than Chicago's two wins. Chicago hasn't beaten a quality team yet.

That's all I was presenting. I wasn't saying the Vikes will be the better team. I know they have to prove it in consecutive weeks, but come on. A dominant double digit win against the team that will probably still be at #1 in this week's rankings (not sold on the 3-0 teams yet) has got to vault them for the time being.

No, no, I get your reasoning behind it I'm just saying the most of us do not fluctuate our rankings like that.

Should GB lose tonight, I still will have them ahead of Minnesota until I can see more of this kind of domination from the Vikings.

That's why I included the "analyze what a team has done in past weeks" because GB, over the course of the last two seasons, has really dominated all but 3 games, whereas Minnesota has consistently been amongst the bottom teams ranked through the same time span, and they just now had a game against, I'll admit, the #1 team, but it's not enough to jump them over a team that has consistently done extremely well in the recent past.

Depending on how GB wins/loses will also factor into my rankings. If we get blown out, I'll drop us about 5-10 spots, but if we win, I'll bump us 1, maybe 2 spots (Think I had em 4 last week).

What I'm trying to say is the likelihood that GB gets beaten to the point where the majority of us rank Minnesota ahead of them Green Bay is slim. They have not been good enough to be considered a top 10 team and I don't think Green Bay can lose bad enough to drop out of the top 10...at least I hope not.

No, no, I get your reasoning behind it I'm just saying the most of us do not fluctuate our rankings like that.

Should GB lose tonight, I still will have them ahead of Minnesota until I can see more of this kind of domination from the Vikings.

That's why I included the "analyze what a team has done in past weeks" because GB, over the course of the last two seasons, has really dominated all but 3 games, whereas Minnesota has consistently been amongst the bottom teams ranked through the same time span, and they just now had a game against, I'll admit, the #1 team, but it's not enough to jump them over a team that has consistently done extremely well in the recent past.

Depending on how GB wins/loses will also factor into my rankings. If we get blown out, I'll drop us about 5-10 spots, but if we win, I'll bump us 1, maybe 2 spots (Think I had em 4 last week).

What I'm trying to say is the likelihood that GB gets beaten to the point where the majority of us rank Minnesota ahead of them Green Bay is slim. They have not been good enough to be considered a top 10 team and I don't think Green Bay can lose bad enough to drop out of the top 10...at least I hope not.

Hmm. That makes sense. I was just looking at it by the sample size of 3 weeks in this one singular season.

If we can beat Detroit (which I'm not convinced we will but I never would have thought we could beat San Francisco) then I think you could argue we're worthy of the #2 spot in the NFC North (or at the very least the third best team). I still think Green Bay is a better team, and I also think Chicago and Detroit are just as good, if not better, than us still. But I do like the direction we are heading right now.

Lions are back down to earth now, they can no longer just chuck it to Calvin Johnson and win games. Plus they have too many secondary issues to be a legit contender. Bears are the Bears they will ride and die on the success of Forte.

Really looking forward to seeing how Minnesota and Green Bay match up.