Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Vince Young Has Squandered $26 Million Guarantee

Vince Young, former NFL All-Pro and Texas quarterback legend, needs a job. That is the opinion of his attorney, at least, who while not confirming that his client is broke just confirmed that his client, now unemployed and out of the NFL, is at least close to it.

He can blame many of the pitfalls of NFL riches: thieving custodians of his wealthy, bad decision-making, and the inevitable losing investments resulting from bad asset allocation. He may also blame the Cheesecake Factory and their delicious, shovel-sized portions.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/9/20/3359698/how-vince-young-allegedly-spent-5000-a-week-at-the-cheesecake-factory

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vince-young-cites-betrayal-financial-191047617--nfl.html

Links posted by Zack and BLUE

• Upvote 1

I wonder if he has a chance in the lawsuit he is filing against his former financial advisor. Never wise to let other people spend your money for you.

I really have no sympathy for the guy, even though I have always liked him (as a football player). Remember his National Title run like it was yesterday.

As I said in the shoutbox I cant feel bad for the dude. I mean how may times do you have to piss on the toilet seat before you figure out ot put that shit up ? These athletes expect people to sympathize with their plight and working class America just cant get there and rightfully so. I am sorry you squandered millions and are now destitute but you are going to have to find someone else to feel sympathetic to your ordeal. Quit being an asshole dude.

Zero sympathy.

Though, I applaud him for finding a possible way to spend 5000 dollars at the Cheesecake Factory for a week.

I really don't know what to say about ppl that can't manage MILLIONS of dollars... :facepalm:

How the fuck do you piss away that much money? Reading shit like this seriously pisses me off. You have people in this world sleeping in the streets and dying of starvation and thirst...then you get dickheads like this that don't seem to realise the privileged positions they get themselves into and just fuck it all away.

/mini-rant

• Upvote 1

I just can't comprehend it... How do you manage to go broke with millions of dollars? No self control /discipline and stupidity is the only answer I can come up with.

The Cheesecake Factory and their high-quality food stuffs are to blame for this!

The Cheesecake Factory and their high-quality food stuffs are to blame for this!

I think the writer was confusing Vince Young and Jamarcus Russel on that one :p

Give me 24 million and I'll fix a lot that's wrong with the world. I wont' be back in a few years saying "I'm broke."

Even a simple interest savings account would produce $720,000 a year at 3%. If you can't live on that, shit..I don't know.

This is ridiculous.

Another athlete with very little grasp on reality goes broke. This is truly a surprise...

He'll find work somewhere. Most young athletes are going to spend all their money. The contracts are getting higher then ever. They spend and spend. Celebrity lifestyle so to speak.

He'll find work somewhere. Most young athletes are going to spend all their money. The contracts are getting higher then ever. They spend and spend. Celebrity lifestyle so to speak.

It still doesn't justify them spending until they are broke.. That's just idiotic.

• Upvote 1