Sign in to follow this  
Vin

So Long, Teal.

http://www.jaguars.c...71-db920207b68b

This Sunday when the Jacksonville Jaguars host the Cincinnati Bengals at EverBank Field, it will mark the last game in which teal will serve as the Jaguars' primary jersey

This Sunday when the Jacksonville Jaguars host the Cincinnati Bengals at EverBank Field, it will mark the last game in which teal will serve as the Jaguars' primary jersey. The timing coincides with Jaguars Alumni Weekend and the induction on Sunday of Fred Taylor into The Pride of the Jaguars. "As a nod of tribute to Fred and all of the players who have worn the Jaguars' teal uniform in the past, this Sunday on Jaguars Alumni Weekend we will wear teal for the last time as our primary home jersey," Jaguars owner Shad Khan said in making the announcement. "After this Sunday's game, we will wear black as our primary jersey and teal will be reserved for special occasions as our alternate jersey. Teal will continue to be a part of our uniform and our logo, but on the field our identity will grow in black jerseys."

The Jaguars have worn black as a third 'alternate' jersey in the past for up to two games per season, but they have not worn black since 2009. Beginning October 7 when the Jaguars host the Chicago Bears the team will wear black jerseys for home games.

I like 'em. Always liked the all-black jerseys from a few years ago, even though I don't think we ever won when we wore them...

http://i48.tinypic.com/348or29.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nv8acj.jpg

Edited by Vin

I really don't see how wearing black in Jacksonville could possibly be a good idea

Any all-black uniform looks terrible with a black helmet. The Saints look awesome when they do it. The Jaguars, Ravens, and Falcons look retarded.

I really don't see how wearing black in Jacksonville could possibly be a good idea

This.

I live in Miami, don't know how different Jacksonville weather is but I'm assuming Florida is Florida and it's going to be hot as fuck.

I love the black jerseys, actually. The teal ones look AWFUL, IMO. Good move by Ron Jeremy Kahn.

I live in Miami, don't know how different Jacksonville weather is but I'm assuming Florida is Florida and it's going to be hot as fuck.

I've noticed a lot of teams--black uniforms or not--simply wear their white uniforms if they've got hot weather. The Eagles have done it in the past, and I believe the Bucs did it a few weeks ago as well.

Hopefully the Jags will keep their amazing looking green powder coated helmets. They do still have those right?

Bucs haven't played in their black unis....

I hope your kidding. I remember when people use to wondering why we never wore them. Its not an official jersey and was strictly for practice.

Jags have won in the old black unis a few times. Beat the Giants in Coughlin's return to Jacksonville on either Sunday Night or Monday Night football. Crushed Peyton Manning and the Colts in them one day when they ran for 375 yards in — if I remember correctly — MJD's rookie year. Every time Fred Taylor and MJD got the ball it was like they were gone for a TD, that game was unreal. I think the final score was like 44-17 or something. Lots of Jags fans hold on to that game and say, "375" or something (which personally I think is kinda corny seeing as how they ended up losing the division to the Colts, as usual, later that year.)

Like someone else said, Jags will wear all white (like they did in the beginning of this year) in the early part of the season when it's hot in JAX, when it hits October like now they'll switch to black at home.

Jags are getting completely different jerseys next year anyways though, but black is the new primary home jersey.