Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Obama Campaign Trying To Cover-Up Major Donor Scandal

President Barack Obama’s campaign raised more than $150 million in September, which was a record haul for the 2012 cycle, but the campaign may be actively trying to block a story in the works about a “blockbuster donor scandal” that could put its fundraising numbers under intense scrutiny.

According to the Washington Examiner, “a taxpayer watchdog group conducted a nine-month investigation” and uncovered “thousands of cases of credit card solicitations and donations” to the Obama campaign. Many of those donations have allegedly come from overseas and may be in violation of federal election laws.

National outlets are preparing stories on the matter, and the Obama campaign has been trying to block those stories from being published.

The Wall Street Journal, citing “people familiar with the totals,” reported the Obama campaign’s September fundraising haul on Thursday, which shattered the campaign’s August record of $114 million for the most money raised in a month during the 2012 election cycle.

The Obama campaign in August also broke the Romney campaign’s three-month streak in which it beat the Obama campaign in fundraising.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/04/Report-Obama-Campaign-Trying-To-Block-Story-About-Blockbuster-Donor-Scandal-After-Raising-Over-150-Million-In-September

More about the scandal itself in the link above. Not a TON of details yet, as the President's campaign is doing everything in their power from this leaking completely.

This might just be what Romney needs.

Got Google?

Conservative paper, The Washington Examiner, brought the story to light saying that a national magazine / paper is trying to get the story out there.

Only one way to find out for sure, and that's to wait for tomorrow... or more likely Monday so it can dominate the news cycle.

We'll see one way or another.

It's not like it would be all that surprising anyway... It's happened before, probably just got caught sticking their hands in the cookie jar yet again

Edited by Favre4Ever

It is probably true, and Romney's campaign is probably guilty of similar things. Politicians are a joke.

• Upvote 1

Can this election season be over so we can go back to passing bills that I can criticize? All of this pretending like these two are ideologically different is no fun, in my opinion.

It is probably true, and Romney's campaign is probably guilty of similar things. Politicians are a joke.

I am not saying all of Romney's donation are legit, but this is a different beast. The speculation is that foreign nations are are supporting and funding Obama's re election. And again, pure speculation here, but I could totally see Obama reaching to his Muslim roots to get the cash from the Saudi's. >_>

Can this election season be over so we can go back to passing bills that I can criticize? All of this pretending like these two are ideologically different is no fun, in my opinion.

This thread has really no bearing on their ideologies. So, while you are right in some regards... It really isn't an issue here.

Guest Phailadelphia

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/04/Report-Obama-Campaign-Trying-To-Block-Story-About-Blockbuster-Donor-Scandal-After-Raising-Over-150-Million-In-September

More about the scandal itself in the link above. Not a TON of details yet, as the President's campaign is doing everything in their power from this leaking completely.

This might just be what Romney needs.

Sorry I can't take anything from Breitbart seriously. If it holds any water it'll be major news this next week.

If you count foreign owned American subsidiaries (I do), they would both be getting foreign money. One is a current loophole, but they are in essence the same thing.

Sorry I can't take anything from Breitbart seriously. If it holds any water it'll be major news this next week.

Why did you ask for a legit source... Have me give it to you... Then respond with the original source that you can't trust them.

Washington Examiner broke the story. Yahoo! and FOX News have since attached to it. Again, a lot is still unknown.. a lot is still speculation. What is true and what isn't will come out, hopefully, shortly.

A groundbreaking new report raises serious questions as to whether President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign is knowingly, and illegally, accepting and soliciting donations from foreign nationals.

The Government Accountability Institute (GAI), run by Stanford University research fellow Peter Schweizer, conducted an extensive, six-month investigation examining the potential for fraudulent and foreign funds being funneled to U.S. political campaigns via the Internet.

The “alarming” results detailed in the report, GAI found, highlight “a serious and systemic threat to the integrity of the U.S. election system” that demands a full-scale investigation by federal authorities.

The Obama campaign in particular warrants further scrutiny, the report and subsequent analysis by GAI’s lawyers determined, because it is the organization with the greatest potential to solicit and accept fraudulent and foreign donations online.

The report suggests there is compelling evidence to suggest that the Obama campaign is not only breaking law, but also doing so deliberately

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/obama-campaign/2012/10/08/report-foreign-nationals-donating-obama-campaign#ixzz28l7M94FD

As of September 26, 2012, the Obama campaign has raised $271,327,755 in contributions under $200 for the 2012 cycle. In 2008, it was $335,139,233. The Romney campaign has raised just $58,456,968 in contributions under $200 and has all CVV and online security measures in place. In total, the Obama campaign raised $500 million online in 2008 with $335 million in contributions--more than half--falling under the $200 reporting requirement. Obama has raised more online funds than any campaign in history.

As reported over the weekend, the Obama campaign raised $181 million in September alone--only 2 percent of those donations are required to be reported to the FEC.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/10/08/exposing_barack_obamas_illegal_foreign_campaign_money_loophole

GAI’s report explores fundraising practices that directly contradict the president’s 2010 insistence that American elections shouldn’t be funded by foreign powers.

“I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities,” Obama said then.

GAI cites examples comprising what it calls “but a sample” of a large trend of Obama’s campaign soliciting foreign nationals for campaign donations. Those examples focus on foreign bloggers posting fundraising-request emails from the Obama campaign.

The group identified such Obama fundraising solicitations sent to Chinese, Azerbaijani, Vietnamese, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian and Egyptian bloggers.

“The GAI Report has shown that the Obama Campaign actively solicits campaign contributions from non-U.S. residents throughout the world,” Sukhia wrote. “uch solicitations could be explainable if they were received solely by U.S. citizens abroad. They clearly are not.”

http://www.independentsentinel.com/2012/10/obama-donation-scandal-inches-closer-to-reality/

In other news... The OBama campaign has successfully been blocking the national media outlet (yet to be named) from publishing their story. It will probably get out there, but not yet.

I feel like the Romney campaign ought to be all over this. Maybe they're waiting for more reports to surface?

Probably. Don't want it to blow up in their faces, obviously. Especially with his surge after Debate #1.

:yeahthat:

:yeahthat:

Romney's campaign has ALLLL the preventative measures in place to avoid the same types of donations. Romney made 50 million off the same types of donations that Obama raised 150 million.

I am not saying not a single foreign individual has donated to Romney, and I am sure he is guilty of some fundraising laws to some degree, but not the same as Obama. It is very clear that Obama is targeted those people and doing so frequently to fund his campaign.

I feel like the Romney campaign ought to be all over this. Maybe they're waiting for more reports to surface?

That is exactly what they are waiting for, if they run around with this before all the facts and info is out and it turns out to be false, they have major egg on their face.

Guest Phailadelphia

Nope. They're guilty of it too. I'll find the article later. Pretty disgusting tactic by both parties but, considering they can get away with it via loopholes, it's not surprising.

I have seen that he, like Obama, is lax in security on these websites. And that Republicans in general (as well as democrats) host fake donation pages. But I haven't seen anything to the level of what Obama and his side are pulling.

If you find that article, please post it. Would be a good (or bad) read.

Guest Phailadelphia

The more I think about this, the more I want to know how the Obama campaign is supposedly trying to cover up this scandal. If true, it's HUGE news and it would be impossible for them to cover up anything.

Edit:

The GAI report’s authors apparently relied on Google Translator for their translation of that final line. ThinkProgress confirmed with three Norwegian speakers, including a University of North Dakota professor of Norwegian language, that the quote actually means quite the opposite.

Gaupefot’s comment claims a failed 2004 attempt to donate to John Kerry’s campaign. The correct translation of the last line is, essentially, “If I actually could have given money to Obama, I would have done it.”

The GAI did not respond to multiple requests for comment on the report and on this glaring error. It is unclear how many of the other translations throughout the report report also relied on Google Translator — a literal translation service that is incapable of understanding nuance or context.

Despite a wide array of irresponsible headlines, it is now clear that the authors did not find a single example of a foreigner donating to the Obama re-election campaign.

If the above quoted text is true...lol

Edited by Phailadelphia