BLUE

Fred Davis done for year with Achilles' tear

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to ProFootballTalk, Fred Davis is done for the season after tearing his left Achilles' tendon in Sunday's Week 7 game against the Giants.

It's a brutal injury for Davis. He's in the final year of his contract and was in the midst of a solid year with 23 catches for 312 yards through the first six games. Now he'll be in a race just to get healthy for 2013 training camp. The Redskins' in-house replacements include converted wideout Niles Paul and Logan Paulsen. Chris Cooley is also available on the free agent market. Oct 21 - 2:22 PM

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Edited by BLUE

Haha good call.

"So Chris, we need you back and stuff. How 'bout it?!"

• Upvote 2

Big blow to the skins. Fred Davis was their leading receiver.

Per Rotoworld.com:

CBS' Jason La Canfora confirms the Redskins have "reached out" to free agent TE Chris Cooley in the wake of Fred Davis' season-ending injury, and will likely finalize a deal "shortly."

The Washington Post reports the signing will become official following a Monday physical. It makes perfect sense, as Cooley is well-versed in coach Mike Shanahan's offense, and has had two extra months to heal up coming off his injury-marred 2011. It's extremely unlikely Cooley re-emerges as a factor in fantasy leagues, but he shouldn't need more than a few days to get up to speed on the offense, and will likely be ready to play by next Sunday. Oct 21 - 9:23 PM

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Redskins have been hurt with the injury bug hard this year.

Also I wonder if they fire Raheem Morris after the year that secondary is having.

Lol, I called it.

I think most people saw it coming ...

• Upvote 2

Definitely an underrated TE. Hadn't even met his full potential yet. Sucks that he is not only hurt... But that he is lost for the year. And what sucks EVEN MORE.. is the type of injury.

Brutal.

It's official.

@john_keim:

yes, as expected, Cooley is back, confirmed via text #redskins

I knew the Redskins would bring Cooley back at some point. It really sucks that it had to be due to an injury to our top reciever. At least there won't be much of a drop off in productivity or pass catching from Dsvis to Cooley.

Oh, shit... I really hate seeing a player go down with these types of injuries, especially if they have a promising career.