housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

Andrew Nicholson chosen to replace injured Andre Drummond in Rising Stars game.

Magic end the 12 game losing streak against Portland.

Damian Lillard going 1-16 from the field helped a lot.

I'm confused.

Haha! I meant comeback! My bad.

Another stellar performance by Tony. Still hardly gets any love from analysts.

Edited by The Admiral

Sacramento. Really, Houston? Really?

Today is just a fuckall kind of day.

Bware gets so emotional over every loss.

y u do dis, Bware?

Haha! I meant comeback! My bad.

Another stellar performance by Tony. Still hardly gets any love from analysts.

I heard someone on NBATV have his name in the MVP discussion...

Guest Phailadelphia

I heard someone on NBATV have his name in the MVP discussion...

Yeah I don't think anyone underrates him. He just plays for a small market and doesn't have a very flashy game. No one doubts how good he is.

Andrew Nicholson chosen to replace injured Andre Drummond in Rising Stars game.

He deserves it, the guy can get buckets. He needs work on his rebounding and defense, but he seems to have an NBA ready offense already.

^IDK why mt reading comprehension fails so bad, but for the longest I thought you were saying Drummond had a NBA ready offense and needed to work on his defense and rebounding. Lol.

Anyway, I've been wrong on Calderon for the first couple of games he's been here. Still don't see him as a long term fix of any kind, but he's giving this team a lift.

Guest Phailadelphia

Russell Westbrook is the Western Conference Player of the Week after leading OKC to a 4-0 record on 21.8ppg and 6apg. Also worth mentioning he didn't get a single minute of 4th quarter play because OKC won all 4 games by an average of 21ppg.

Yeah I don't think anyone underrates him. He just plays for a small market and doesn't have a very flashy game. No one doubts how good he is.

Analysts have admitted on TV numerous times this year that they he is underrated and that they are victims of doing so. So people do underrate him, which is a shame because he is a hell of a PG. Really proving his talents with Manu and Timmy out. Only now is he getting the exposure he deserves.

Shumpert to Phoenix possibly? Heard something about a first rounder + Dudley.

Edited by The Admiral

According to Paul Coro of The Arizona Republic, the Suns have their sights on two players on a contending Western Conference roster.

"The Suns also have shown interest in a bigger splash for Utah’s Al Jefferson or Gordon Hayward," writes Coro

Not sure why the Suns are trying to go after guys like Jefferson. They should shed salary and hope for a top pick.

They are doing the opposite. They want and need a guy who is worth or is going to be worth the max.

They are doing the opposite. They want and need a guy who is worth or is going to be worth the max.

Jefferson isn't that kind of guy though lol. They can draft their own max player or clear up the cap to sign someone who actually deserves it.

Jefferson isn't that kind of guy though lol. They can draft their own max player or clear up the cap to sign someone who actually deserves it.

The Suns will probably draft a bunch of shit stain level players. I'd take Al in a heartbeat. Only thing holding me back would be he is already 28. I really like Gortat, but we need a real front court presence.

Cavs are a good center away from being a great team. Zeller isn't bad option off the bench, but he cant start at this time.

Al Jefferson is one of, if not the worst defensive big man in the NBA. Good on offense but his defense is an absolute nightmare.

I got very nervous when it was rumored the Spurs were going to land him.

fkmqvr.jpg

ESPN.com news services

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Golden State Warriors have unveiled plans to wear the NBA's "first modern short-sleeve jersey" for three of their remaining home games this season.

The Warriors announced Monday that they will debut the alternate uniforms at home against the San Antonio Spurs on Feb. 22. The team will also wear the jerseys for home games against Houston on March 8 and Chicago on March 15.

Adidas, the uniform-provider of the NBA, says the jerseys feature "the first-ever super lightweight stretch woven short with maximum ventilation for player comfort. The jersey includes armhole insets with 360-degree stretch fabric that facilitates free range of motion for the arms and shoulders."

Adidas bills the jersey as the "adizero NBA short sleeve uniform system" and hopes to unveil similar short-sleeve jerseys for other NBA teams next season.

"It was the right moment, the right team," Lawrence Norman, Adidas' vice president of global basketball, told the San Jose Mercury News. "Even more important, the right city. When you launch something as innovative as this -- that will change the way the players look on the court and the way the fans support the team forever -- why not launch it in the most innovative part of the United States?"

The uniforms, according to adidas, are 26 percent lighter than the traditional NBA jersey.

"I think it will be a trendsetter," Warriors rookie forward Harrison Barnes told the Mercury News. "I think it's something it will take people a little bit of time to get used to, but once they do it'll be good. As long as I'm able to shoot and move, that's all that matters."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Source: ESPN.com

The mismatched color of the shorts and the pinstripes on them look terrible

They look pretty badass separately, but together I agree with you.

ESPN gave a stat that I hadn't seen that bought tears to my eyes... Monroe is second in the NBA in points in the paint only to Lebron.

He's also one of the least assisted bigs in the NBA, while being one of the least athletic among all forwards and centers. FUNDAMENTALS!!!!!