Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Aqib Talib traded to the Patriots

I'd be surprised if we got anything more than a 7th, which Dominik loves to collect.

Can't blame the Bucs for trading Talib. Coach gave him one last shot to prove himself and he blew it. Hopefully we got more than a 7th, but that'd be my guess too as to what we got for him.

Talib's a pretty damn good CB but he is pretty inconsistent and as everyone knows, can't stay out of trouble. I think this is a good trade for both teams, especially the Patriots if they can get Talib's head on straight.

Interesting. Not sure how good Talib will be with us but at least Belichick recognizes how shitty our defense is.

I think it's worth mentioning that Talib will be a FA at the end of the season and he'll likely command decent money, so basically the Patriots are renting him for 8 games at the price of a 4th.

Bucs won this trade, easily.... IMO.

Great job by their front office.

@TBBuccaneers: The trade details: CB Aqib Talib and a 2013 7th-round pick for a 2013 4th-round pick.

Wow, I really like this trade now. Good deal for both teams.

Wow, I really like this trade now. Good deal for both teams.

Um. This is highway robbery by the Bucs. A 4th-rounder for a seventh-rounder and a guy with some serious issues who is a FA at the end of the season?

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Um. This is highway robbery by the Bucs. A 4th-rounder for a seventh-rounder and a guy with some serious issues who is a FA at the end of the season?

Only way Patriots can even remotely stay even on this deal is if they lock him up long-term for a modest contract and keep him out of trouble and out from behind bars.

Even then, Bucs still this trade. lol

If it means not seeing Kyle Arrington's ass on the field, then a 4th is pretty worth it. Pats usually miss on mid-rounders, anyway.

Has Talib been any good this year?

I am sure Bucs fans could give you a much better analysis on his play, but I will throw the raw stats at you from PFF.

Through 4 games:

Thrown At: 36 times

Receptions Allowed: 24 (Catch allowed 66% of the time)

Yards Given Up: 399 (over 16 yards per reception)

1 TD Allowed, 1 INT, 6 PD.

QBs have a rating of 101.5 throwing into his coverage.

Wow a 4th? That's way too steep. Bucs won the trade already. Talib would have to turn into an All-Pro for it go the Pats way, not to mention he's a FA after the season.

Very strange move by the Pats.

I'm assuming the Patriots will get him locked up long term and keep his head on straight. Belichick is great at doing that. If Talib is on the field, he is definitely worth a 4th round pick.

I am sure Bucs fans could give you a much better analysis on his play, but I will throw the raw stats at you from PFF.

Through 4 games:

Thrown At: 36 times

Receptions Allowed: 24 (Catch allowed 66% of the time)

Yards Given Up: 399 (over 16 yards per reception)

1 TD Allowed, 1 INT, 6 PD.

QBs have a rating of 101.5 throwing into his coverage.

Umm these numbers blow.

I hope Belichick knows what he's doing here. :wtf:

Umm these numbers blow.

I hope Belichick knows what he's doing here. :wtf:

Haha. Those numbers aren't very impressive. But as Phil correctly stated... Arrington is way worse. Arguably the worst cover corner in the league. Even a slight improvement from Talib over his 2012 numbers will put the Pats in a good place... Just hope they can get him in on a contract extension.

Talib is just really inconsistent. One game he'll shut down Steve Smith, the next game he'll allow Hakeem Nicks to have a 200 yard game.

Teams should be disallowed from trading with the Pats.

Reports are the Bucs sent Talib AND a 7th round pick to the Pats for their 4th round pick. Makes a little more sense now.

Yeah, GoodellFTL posted that on the first page earlier. The Pats gave away a 4th to get a 7th and Talib for 8 games. The Bucs win.

The entire Patriots organization is praying that he won't get arrested on his way there.

I'm assuming the Patriots will get him locked up long term and keep his head on straight. Belichick is great at doing that. If Talib is on the field, he is definitely worth a 4th round pick.

I always hear this, but the last two experiments by Belichek have failed- Albert Haynesworth and Chad Johnson. I don't really see him turning Talib around. Guy has always been a thug.

I always hear this, but the last two experiments by Belichek have failed- Albert Haynesworth and Chad Johnson. I don't really see him turning Talib around. Guy has always been a thug.

Different situations. Haynesworth and Johnson weren't thugs.

Haynesworth was a fat piece of shit who was out of shape and Belichick just couldn't get him back to playing in the shape he used to play at. Johnson was simply just old and washed up when the Patriots got him. Nothing he could do about that.

Talib is a good player when he's on the field. Belichick just needs to keep Talib clean and keep him on the field and he'll be a good player for the Patriots.

• Upvote 2