Zack_of_Steel

Police sate fear

Over the past few months the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has taken steps that scare the shit out of me. I've posted in the past about how civil liberty in America has been steadily trampled by Obama, who has continued the practice that began with Bush II after the events of 9/11.

Here's the post that outlines it, if you need a refresher:

Everyone hated Bush and his Patriot Act and such (and rightfully so, fuck Bush). Obama promised to only reform the Patriot Act rather than repeal it, but couldn't even do that. In fact, he has extended the Patriot Act multiple times and even increased the timetable to 2013 to ensure that it wouldn't be an election year issue.

Obama then signed the National Defense Authorization Act, which puts domestic terrorism charges in the hands of the military and allows ANYONE, including American citizens, to be held indefinitely without trial. All the gubbernment has to do is deem you a terrorist threat and they can sweep you off your feet and ship you off to jail. Guantanamo Bay sound nice (why is it still open again? Oh, right, another broken promise)? Good, because if you piss off dat government, they're liable to drop you off there legally and as long as they see fit.

In this same vein, Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder made it well known that if the government deems a U.S. citizen a terrorist leader, they are within legal right to kill said citizen, again, without trial. Sure, these anti-terrorism measures may allow for the prevention of terrorism in some extreme cases, but in a largely corrupt system, is no one else worried about their eminent abuse?

Obama also issued Executive Order 13603. In the face of an ambiguous "National Defense Emergency" (a clarification would have been nice, but vagueness plays into the government's hands), this Order gives the President complete authority over water, food, fuel, transportation, hospitals, and construction materials.

Now, in addition to these atrocities, the DHS has recently ordered 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition, many of which are .40 caliber hollow point rounds that are banned in international warfare, yet apparently necessary for use here at home. It is estimated that 70 million rounds of ammo are used annually in Iraq, yet the DHS has ordered 1.4 billion rounds in the past few months.

Here is an excerpt of an article that details the ammunition as well as other purchases back in August.

DHS To Purchase Another 750 Million Rounds Of Ammo

Second massive ammunition buy this year fuels fears of civil unrest

Paul Joseph Watson

Infowars.com

Monday, August 13, 2012

A solicitation originally issued by the DHS in April but updated on Friday calls on suppliers to provide a plethora of different types of ammunition, including 357 mag rounds that are able to penetrate walls.

The PDF file for the solicitation lists the different units of ammo required by the thousand, with the total ammo purchase exceeding 750 million rounds...

...The purchase comes in addition to an order for 450 million rounds of .40-caliber hollow point bullets which wasfulfilled by Alliant Techsystems Inc. back in March, news greeted by some as an indication that the DHS was arming itself in preparation to go to war with the American people.

Although the ammo purchases are ostensibly earmarked for training purposes, the DHS has been reticent to clarifywhy such an unusually large amount of rounds are necessary and why such powerful bullets are required merely for training drills.

The DHS recently put out an order for riot gear in preparation for the upcoming DNC, RNC and presidential inauguration. The U.S. Army is also busy buying similar equipment.

The DHS also recently purchased a number of bullet-proof checkpoint booths that include ‘stop and go’ lights.

A recently leaked US Army Military Police training manual for “Civil Disturbance Operations” outlines how military assets are to be used domestically to quell riots, confiscate firearms and even kill Americans on U.S. soil during mass civil unrest.

On page 20 of the manual, rules regarding the use of “deadly force” in confronting “dissidents” are made disturbingly clear with the directive that a, “Warning shot will not be fired.”

The manual includes lists of weapons to be used against “rioters” or “demonstrators,” including “antiriot grenades.” It also advises troops to carry their guns in the “safe port arms” stance, a psychological tactic aimed at “making a show of force before rioters.” Non-lethal weapons and water cannons are also included.

Read more:

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-to-purchase-another-750-million-rounds-of-ammo/

On top of this, the DHS has just graduated its first crop of Corps of Homeland Youth, a group of 18-24 year-olds who are to work within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and help with crisis management across the country. Many conspiracy theorists believe that this sounds a bit to much like 1930's Germany and the Hitler Youth, though apparently the FEMA Corps are not being trained to use guns, according to a blog of a member withing the group.

Now, this begs the question, why do we need this group when we already have the National Guard? FEMA offices were closed today due to inclimate weather, though they are supposed to be an organization to help during national disasters... Is the FEMA Corps just another inept federal bureaucracy or is there something more to it? Seems that these kids should have been prompted to join the already funded and established National Guard.

Here is an excerpt from an article on the FEMA Corps which also makes mention of armored vehicles and the like belonging to DHS.

Homeland Security graduates first Corps of Homeland Youth

October 7, 2012. Vicksburg. The federal government calls them FEMA Corps. But they conjure up memories of the Hitler Youth of 1930’s Germany. Regardless of their name, the Dept of Homeland Security has just graduated its first class of 231 Homeland Youth. Kids, aged 18-24 and recruited from the President’s AmeriCorp volunteers, they represent the first wave of DHS’s youth corps, designed specifically to create a full time, paid, standing army of FEMA Youth across the country.

On September 13, 2012, the Dept of Homeland Security graduated its first class of FEMA Corps youth, aka the Homeland Youth. Image courtesy of DHS.gov.

On September 13, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security graduated its first class of FEMA Corps first-responders. While the idea of having a volunteer force of tens of thousands of volunteers scattered across the country to aid in times of natural disasters sounds great, the details and timing of this new government army is somewhat curious, if not disturbing.

DHS raising an armed army

The first problem one finds with this ‘new army’ is the fact that they are mere children. Yes, 18 is generally the legal age a person can sign a contract, join the military or be tried as an adult. But ask any parent - an 18, 20 or even a 24 year-old is still a naïve, readily-influenced kid.

The second problem with this announcement and program is its timing. Over the past two years, President Obama has signed a number of Executive Orders suspending all civil and Constitutional rights and turning over management of an America under Martial Law to FEMA. Also in that time, domestic federal agencies under DHS, including FEMA, have ordered billions of rounds of ammunition as well as the corresponding firearms. Admittedly, these new weapons and ammunition aren’t to be used in some far-off war or to fight forest fires in California, but right here on the streets of America.

Strange Armored Fighting Vehicles

Individuals around the US have begun reporting the site of strange, new, heavily-armed FEMA fighting vehicles. What would a disaster relief agency like FEMA need with 2,500 brand new GLS armored fighting vehicles? According to the agency’s own mandate, as well as President Obama’s recent Executive Order, the answer is ‘population control’ during a time of Martial Law.

One set of images made available by Rense.com shows trailer after trailer carrying these new DHS and FEMA armored fighting vehicles, complete with machine gun slots. They’re labeled with the usual backward American flag and the title, ‘Homeland Security’. Below that and the DHS logo, it also reads, ‘Immigration & Customs Enforcement’. Joining those markings, the black vehicles with white lettering also display ‘POLICE/RESCUE’ on one side and ‘Special Response Team’ on the other.

Read more:

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q42012/homeland-security-graduates-first-corps-of-homeland-youth/

28279012ee1770b34edcd321ea4548f6.jpgcf774d5dabe914cf8ec96a40ca417834.jpg

DHS & FEMA armed fighting vehicles. Images courtesy of Rense.com.

The Patriot Act, NDAA, and Executive Order 13603 were enough to have me pissing down my leg and the arms purchase does not help matters, though I'm not sure what to think about the FEMA Corps. What say you, TGP?

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

Man I have said this for a long time. I am glad you put in the work that I did not to actually put a face on it. However this is looking like communim 101 and the constabulary force that goes with it.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Canada's looking pretty nice for the future. :yep:

Never has the American public swooned over a single man so much that they allow colossal failures policy-wise with such an attack on our personal liberties, then re-elect him.

I don't want to come off so incredibly Anti-Obama, because as you said.. It really did begin to ramp up with Bush after 9/11. But Obama is taking everything Bush did and going even further with it...

It's disgusting. I don't want to jump the ship on this Hitler's Youth thing, but I really don't see the purpose... so, eh.

Guest Phailadelphia

I guess my biggest question here is how many Americans would willingly attack their fellow citizens? I imagine that percentage is extremely low, which punches a rather large hole in the police state fears. That being said, I'm not in any way saying all this isn't true or impossible, etc. I'm just not sure how realistic it actually is considering Americans are probably highly unlikely to attack their fellow citizens.

I guess my biggest question here is how many Americans would willingly attack their fellow citizens? I imagine that percentage is extremely low, which punches a rather large hole in the police state fears. That being said, I'm not in any way saying all this isn't true or impossible, etc. I'm just not sure how realistic it actually is considering Americans are probably highly unlikely to attack their fellow citizens.

President Obama has killed American citizens... He doesn't seem to care, why would others?

Guest Phailadelphia

He personally, with a gun in his own hands, killed them? Because there's a big difference.

• Downvote 2

Ya, because the American lives he took mean less because he sat behind his desk and pushed a button instead of pulling the trigger.

Edited by Favre4Ever

You really don't think the government could create a military force to police the land and potentially kill people if they saw it as a necessary action? Humans are fucked up. Just look at the Stanford Prison Experiment for proof of how dramatically people can change when they're in a position of power. In the same way the "guards" in that experiment began to torture the "inmates", the police patrolling the streets could easily mow down some civilians.

Guest Phailadelphia

Ya, because the American lives he took mean less because he sat behind his desk and pushed a button instead of pulling the trigger.

On a human to human level, it absolutely means less. It's much less of a mental beating to order a random to be killed than it is to do it yourself and I doubt anyone will argue with me on that. ESPECIALLY when the guy on the other end of the barrel could be family, friends, etc. There's not as large of a disconnect.

Edit: And to be clear, I'm talking about the actual act of killing meaning less, not that the victims life was worth less.

You really don't think the government could create a military force to police the land and potentially kill people if they saw it as a necessary action? Humans are fucked up. Just look at the Stanford Prison Experiment for proof of how dramatically people can change when they're in a position of power. In the same way the "guards" in that experiment began to torture the "inmates", the police patrolling the streets could easily mow down some civilians.

Honestly? No. I don't think they'd get away with it. Police are sworn in on an oath to "serve and protect." "Mowing down" civilians goes against everything they stand for. And again, I think this all goes back to one regular American facing the order to kill another regular American and I don't believe they'll do it.

Edited by Phailadelphia

If it got to that point, the people would fight back, I'd think.

I doubt anything like that happening, though.

Guest Phailadelphia

Has anyone ever stopped to ask why the government would even want to do this? Look, I understand the underlying fear of government. Considering recorded world history, that's a justifiable fear. But the USA is dominant economically and politically because it's the most free, open society in the world. Transitioning to a police state isn't going to be good for anyone, for any reason. It actively works to worsen conditions, which isn't desirable for anyone including and especially the government.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Has anyone ever stopped to ask why the government would even want to do this? Look, I understand the underlying fear of government. Considering recorded world history, that's a justifiable fear. But the USA is dominant economically and politically because it's the most free, open society in the world. Transitioning to a police state isn't going to be good for anyone, for any reason. It actively works to worsen conditions, which isn't desirable for anyone including and especially the government.

Because our government hates everyone and wants the country to fail and Obama is hitler reincarnate and the world is ending and yeah.

Because our government hates everyone and wants the country to fail and Obama is hitler reincarnate and the world is ending and yeah.

No no, he's the Antichrist.

If there's one reason why I am ticked that Obama and not Romney won, it's because now I have to listen to nut-cases in Kentucky talk about how he is the Devil incarnate.

Power. Wealth. Greed.

The typical. We are on the typical path of the biggest powers in world history, you can almost predict what happens next. Obviously we have no idea when it will all finally hit us that.. hey, maybe everything isn't as rosy as our best friends at the federal level have made it out to be.

It might not happen in my lifetime, yours, or our grandchildrens. But we have to think about posterity here, not just our own foreseeable future.

Guest Phailadelphia

Power. Wealth. Greed.

The typical. We are on the typical path of the biggest powers in world history, you can almost predict what happens next. Obviously we have no idea when it will all finally hit us that.. hey, maybe everything isn't as rosy as our best friends at the federal level have made it out to be.

It might not happen in my lifetime, yours, or our grandchildrens. But we have to think about posterity here, not just our own foreseeable future.

Power, wealth, and greed for who? The guys at the top who legitimately hold a lot of power come and go with new administrations. It's why I can't take those seriously that say Obama is just attempting a power grab. For what? In 4 years he's no longer President and it would have been for naught. It's a silly notion. And if one party is trying to do this, would the other party not use that as a political tool to get their own guys elected and effectively prevent it? That's the beauty of elections, is it not? Unless of course the conspiracy is that the two parties are working together which, considering the way Congress has acted over the last 2 years, seems like a strech.

Unless of course the conspiracy is that the two parties are working together which, considering the way Congress has acted over the last 2 years, seems like a strech.

Oh God don't get Favre started...

Power, wealth, and greed for who? The guys at the top who legitimately hold a lot of power come and go with new administrations. It's why I can't take those seriously that say Obama is just attempting a power grab. For what? In 4 years he's no longer President and it would have been for naught. It's a silly notion. And if one party is trying to do this, would the other party not use that as a political tool to get their own guys elected and effectively prevent it? That's the beauty of elections, is it not? Unless of course the conspiracy is that the two parties are working together which, considering the way Congress has acted over the last 2 years, seems like a strech.

Because if he is ahem...."forced" to declare martial law he can suspend all elections for the sake of our own well being......

Then he can stay in power as long as he sees fit and since he is the commander and chief of the military he can activate national guard units making them federal and then he has the entire military to back up whatever he says.

Then lets also consider what are our counter measures if he does this.....lol FUCKING NOTHING. If you honestly believe us as Americans with rifles are prepared to face the military you are nuts. WE would not stand a chance and it would be bloody, fast, and completely one sided.

So then how does he do this you ask ? MONEY. he only needs a few thousand people at the top who know how to operate our most violent and lethal weapons and once he has that soldiers will be faced with the choice so as we say or else. There are many people who have and are serving who can kill anybody their own mothers if need be.

And would the American people kill each other like that. Hell yes people are willing ot kill each other over wearing the wrong color, being the wrong color, looking the wrong way and so on. In 2007, 17,000 Americans were killed by other Americans. So yes I would say they would do it.

This does not smell right at all and like Zack said this scares the shit out of me. I am better trained than most, which only furthers it for me because as I would fight because it is in my nature, it would be futile.

Guest Phailadelphia

Where's Congress during all this? And again, why? What's to be gained for the government by oppressing citizens?

Where's Congress during all this? And again, why? What's to be gained for the government by oppressing citizens?

You said who benefits having this country at your every beck and call is power no human has ever had. And whose to say it has to make sense to the masses. Congress can be held at gun point.

And the why is simple. He can have all the power all he wants for as long as he wants.

Am I saying he would....maybe. However the dots are there where he could do this and logic to as why he would.

Where there is no logic is why Fema needs that shit.

And really nobody has thought it a tad bit odd that 3 of the top ranking military officials in one day resign.....

I am not a conspiracy theorist but I know bullshit when I smell it.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Canada's looking pretty nice for the future. :yep:

What makes you say this Stevo?

I admire a lot of things about America, for example it's justice system that gives out harsh penalties when someone is found guilty without any reasonable doubt. Canada's justice system needs to be improved more to mirror America's. I also strongly admire Americans strong willingness to defend their freedom and liberty with all of their moral fibre. Canada has some bullshit laws invloving "hate speech", which is a complete joke because it will ineviatably lead to censorship and "political correctness". Our media in Canada is a fuckin disgrace, like their is no objective reporting like in America and in Britain with organizations like the BBC.

Edited by CARDINAL