seanbrock

(Rob) Ryan: McCoy is the best back in the league

The Eagles score only 16.6 points per game, which is tied for 29th in the NFL, but Ryan saw what happened to his defense up in Philly last year, especially with running back LeSean McCoy.

In Philadelphia’s decisive 34-7 win on Oct. 30, 2011, McCoy ran for 185 yards and two touchdowns on 35 carries.

“To me that’s the best back in football,” Ryan said. “I really believe that.

IRVING, Texas – Even though the season has been a struggle for Philadelphia’s offense this season, Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is not about to gloat entering Sunday’s game against the Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field. “I think he’s tremendous. He’s so talented. He’s got vision everywhere. He’s so quick. And I think (offensive coordinator Marty Morninwheg) is the only guy probably that can stop him because that guy is phenomenal. So if they don’t give it to him, that’s a good thing. But he’s super talented.

McCoy is 10th in the league in rushing with 623 yards on 146 carries with two touchdowns. In the Eagles’ three wins this season, McCoy has had at least 20 carries and 81 yards. In their five losses he has averaged 15.6 carries.

Ryan wanted to make it clear he wasn’t taking a shot at Morninwheg.

“They’re still getting 400 yards a game like they always do,” Ryan said. “The ball’s been bouncing crazy ways this season. This team is usually No. 1 in the red zone. They’re No. 1 in offense and so that’s the job Marty Morninwheg does and Andy Reid. And thos guys are fantastic. No disrespect, trust me. Nothing but respect.”

lol our coaching staff is dumb.

• Upvote 1

He's good but he is not the best in the NFL. Arguably top 3 though.

• Upvote 1

I think he could put up the stats that could put him in the conversation. But there's a problem with that being an Eagle.

Well I will say this RR leads the league in yards from scrimmage in the last 4 years and has gotten close to 1000 and a 1000 and I dont think he is the best. The best back in the NFL is AP imo.

• Upvote 2

He's good but he is not the best in the NFL. Arguably top 3 though.

Yeah, McCoy is definitely apart of top 3 talk imo but A.P is still the best RB in the league. Dude is a fucking machine.

• Upvote 1

I stand by what I've been saying for awhile now.

1) Peterson

2) Rice

3) Shady

I stand by what I've been saying for awhile now.

1) Peterson

2) Rice

3) Shady

Those are logical but I have to kick shady out of the top 3. I think it is

Adrian Peterson

Ray Rice

Arian Foster

However with that man outside AP it is too tough to call. RR and AF could switch and then I think Shady is just below them.

Then lets not even get to injury prone RB's who are great when healthy because then you have to throw in Forte and McFadden.

Those are logical but I have to kick shady out of the top 3. I think it is

Adrian Peterson

Ray Rice

Arian Foster

However with that man outside AP it is too tough to call. RR and AF could switch and then I think Shady is just below them.

Then lets not even get to injury prone RB's who are great when healthy because then you have to throw in Forte and McFadden.

McFadden hasn't done much this year so far.

As far as my top 3

1. A.P is the clear cut #1 imo

My 2 & 3 is either LeSean McCoy and Arian Foster. Hard to say which one is better but I'd probably take McCoy over Foster though.

Agree with the consensus so far that Peterson is a clear cut #1 in this discussion, I can say that Foster is my clear cut #2 as well.

3 is a toss up between McCoy and Rice.

No doubt though, the Eagles need to get the ball to McCoy more. Whether it be handing it off to him, or throwing it to him - he needs the ball.

I really don't understand why he's not used more in the pass game. Vick is taking so long to throw and our line is such dog shit it makes sense to dump it off to our best offensive player more. It's not like he didn't lead the team in receptions in 2010 with of 75.

McCoy went to high school not too far from me. I went to see one of his games when he played a team close to where I live. He ran for 150+ yards and 4 TDs in the first half of that game. In the second half, the other team decided to basically line up in a goal line defense the whole time to try to take him out of the game. No problem. McCoy's coach put him out as a receiver and he had 2 TDs and nearly 100 yards receiving in the 2nd half. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed in my life.