Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Many States File Petition To Peacefully Secede from US

Yeah, which is exactly why I'm sure Obama and the rest of the federal government will laugh at the petition (and rightfully so). Americans are upset with the Federal government only to the extent that they'll bitch about it on Facebook or the interwebz. Anything beyond a couple of internet arguments causes far too much inconvenience, in turn truly revealing how serious they are about it. That is to say, not very. Unsurprisingly, a steady paycheck and creature comforts are far more preferable to change and uncertainty.

You are severely misinformed if you think this is the extent of it.

Heck... Many Pro-Liberty advocates were just recently voted into office. It's much more than a rant on facebook at this point.

Every state should secede and then join together to become a new country. :)

reinstating the Articles of Confederation ninja.gif

Guest Phailadelphia

You are severely misinformed if you think this is the extent of it.

Heck... Many Pro-Liberty advocates were just recently voted into office. It's much more than a rant on facebook at this point.

I'm sure people were saying the same things of Barry Goldwater in the 60s.

I think Texas would fair fairly well on their own. At least better than most states. They'd probably take most of that oil down in the gulf with them, which could sustain them. They'd probably still trade with the US and heck.. I think the US would help them if they were ever under attack. I don't see why not... We help nations thousands of miles away.

I dont think so. They take their oil but that means that all the major goods they buy are going to be imported and subject to those taxes and we make it on Middle east oil. And I think that sour grapes would prevent us from saving their bacon until they asked to be annexed or at least become a protectorate in which they would have to do on our terms.

The problems could be enormous from Texas. Where would they get the raw materials for factories ? They would have to trade with the US and the only thing they have we could not produce is oil so there goes that advantage. Then lets look at all the major chains that could be pressured into withdrawing. Texas with no walmart, big macs, and double whoppers would be outrageous. Then how do they supply a militia, support infrastructure, and the list goes on .

It would end in complete and udder disaster for them. Like I said I think major overhauls to the government are needed because I dont believe a single one of them gives a flying fuck about anybody who makes less than 100K and that goes for Obama as well. I just dont think this is the way.

I'm sure people were saying the same things of Barry Goldwater in the 60s.

Goldwater had a HUGE impact on Libertarians and the Republican Party as a whole... Heck, after his run most of his supporters defected to Reagen and we all know how that turned out.

Barry Goldwater, ftw

Guest Phailadelphia

And then Reagan presided as the total opposite of a conservative or Libertarian and instead defected to traditional Republican policies.

Trying to think of the last President that wasn't rank and file with their party... Probably Kennedy, and we all know how that ended.

And then Reagan presided as the total opposite of a conservative or Libertarian and instead defected to traditional Republican policies.

That right there is what is wrong with politics. Between republicans and Democrats nobody gives a shit about the middle class, you can say all you want and try as hard as you might and blah blah blah, they dont give a fuck.

It is all about well my party said this well my party said that, I cant like this and I cant like that. Fuck them all, I hope they all get crabs and their arms are too short to reach. Fuck faces.

Ignorance is bliss.

At least you proved that you are either:

1) Incredibly ignorant

2) Incredibly stupid

3) Have a severe reading impediment

Or maybe a combination of the above.

Or possibly, it could be that I don't get what this is going to accomplish, and I missed your earlier post which I assume is your reason for signing this. Since this is obviously what tipped the backers of the movement over the edge, I don't see why you aligning with them is going to do jack squat.

But no, no, let's stick with insulting each other.

Or possibly, it could be that I don't get what this is going to accomplish, and I missed your earlier post which I assume is your reason for signing this. Since this is obviously what tipped the backers of the movement over the edge, I don't see why you aligning with them is going to do jack squat.

But no, no, let's stick with insulting each other.

I've already posted that NOBODY is seceding... I've already posted that it's more about the message, not the actual act of secession.

Just read the thread and you will be fine.

If you come in here and say... "Ya know, I haven't been paying attention so sorry if this is inaccurate" or... "I haven't read all of the posts by why do you feel _____________" instead of coming in here and posting something stupid like "LOLZ y u sign putithun againzt Obama", you'd probably see a more... softer approach on my end.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Obviously I had been reading the topic since I had three posts in here. I simply missed yours that would have tipped me off that you didn't actually agree with it. I know, I know, how terrible of me.

I still don't get why you think this is going to accomplish anything. All you're doing is associating with a fringe movement that is likely going to be laughed at.

I wonder if Obama says anything at all.

Edited by Thanatos19

Ya, I think it's safe to say I am not afraid of "getting laughed at" if it means being true to my convictions... Or if it means loving liberty, the Constitution... Anti-World Watchdog. Anti-Police State. Etc etc etc.

Laugh away.

*laughed off*

Typo.

My point is, I'm like 95% sure this isn't going to do anything.

To even consider signing one of these petitions is :facepalm: worthy.

People are so ungrateful, and so stupid politically. Seriously, you could just as well replace every name on these petitions with "Redneck Randall".

I've already posted that NOBODY is seceding... I've already posted that it's more about the message, not the actual act of secession.

The message will be ignored by the government as they laugh at the notion of secession. This is an awful way of sending a message.

I say we just start occupying shit again. Because we all know that made a big difference. :rolleyes:

The timing of this is horrible and ignorant. I'm all for people speaking up against the government not reaching their expectations but come on, secession? Let get real. Where were these petitions when we fell into the recession? How about while we were in not one but two wars? Or hell, weeks BEFORE the elections? If anyone thinks these aren't fueled by the voting results, you're blind. Put whatever other reasoning you want behind it but if it was truly due to being unhappy with where we are as a nation, it would have happened a long time ago.